Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

I should add it sounds suspiciously like they've found their Diana, or at least a few top candidates. Because basically the CW Prez is saying they'll shoot an off-cycle pilot if the script is right. He didn't mention anything about still needing to cast Diana. Things that make you go Hmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    I should add it sounds suspiciously like they've found their Diana, or at least a few top candidates. Because basically the CW Prez is saying they'll shoot an off-cycle pilot if the script is right. He didn't mention anything about still needing to cast Diana. Things that make you go Hmm!
    Let's hope they actually have a search for a candidate for Diana this time.

The curious one.

I spotted this

http://www.inquisitr.com/664216/wonder-woman-cw/

But really as I mentioned once a Wonder Woman tv show is becoming as much of myth as Wonder Woman herself.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Let's hope they actually have a search for a candidate for Diana this time.
    Even though we didn't agree on the casting choice last time, I will agree that DEK didn't do a long, exhaustive search. Seems like CW has put more time into casting for AMAZON, even holding casting calls in Europe. Finding the right Diana is def key to success. (oh, and making danged sure she doesn't murder a security guard in cold blood might help, too! Lol)

I have a feeling a pilot will be shot in June/July and end up as a midseason replacement in January 2014.
    This is highly unlikely unless the new writer is working extremely fast. CW already has their midseason and replacement shows lined up, as they unveiled at the upfronts. Also, I don't think they'd waste a midseason launch on a large property like Wonder Woman. They would do a fall launch with the same kind of aggressive advertising campaign they did for Arrow.

Also, I work in TV production, and the chances of getting a script done in a good place and ready to shoot by June, at this point, is impossible. A production designer usually requires 3 to 4 weeks of prep, so essentially they would have to be ready to go by tomorrow for a June shoot. July is more likely than June but I don't see it happening that fast. This is more likely to be an off cycle pilot, which means it would get picked up most likely in the fall then the pilot would be shot before the new year. If that were to happen this would already be done and in the can before CW picks up the other pilots for the 2014-2015 season. A decision to pick up to series would most likely happen somewhere between March to May 2014.

This is an extremely important property for the WB studio and the CW network. They're not going to do a rush job because they would want this and Arrow to be anchors for the network's schedule when it launches.
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that Heinberg is off the project. He was the last writer to get me really excited about Wonder Woman.
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

Quote Originally Posted by sberg1 View Post
    This is highly unlikely unless the new writer is working extremely fast. CW already has their midseason and replacement shows lined up, as they unveiled at the upfronts. Also, I don't think they'd waste a midseason launch on a large property like Wonder Woman. They would do a fall launch with the same kind of aggressive advertising campaign they did for Arrow.

Also, I work in TV production, and the chances of getting a script done in a good place and ready to shoot by June, at this point, is impossible. A production designer usually requires 3 to 4 weeks of prep, so essentially they would have to be ready to go by tomorrow for a June shoot. July is more likely than June but I don't see it happening that fast. This is more likely to be an off cycle pilot, which means it would get picked up most likely in the fall then the pilot would be shot before the new year. If that were to happen this would already be done and in the can before CW picks up the other pilots for the 2014-2015 season. A decision to pick up to series would most likely happen somewhere between March to May 2014.

This is an extremely important property for the WB studio and the CW network. They're not going to do a rush job because they would want this and Arrow to be anchors for the network's schedule when it launches.
    Thanks for the info. I was basing my time projection on articles that appeared many months ago when AMAZON did not receive a pilot order. CW stated if the script was eventually right they'd shoot an off-cycle pilot. I also live in LA and a friend that works for a network (not CW) said many of their off-cycles are filmed in the summer. I should point out that CW has kept completely mum about developments and we wouldn't even know about this new writer if a reporter hadn't asked today. The CW prez did state all the elements were there in Heinberg's initial script, so I'm guessing the new writer didn't start over from scratch. We also don't know how long the latest writer has been working on the script. I believe Lynda Carter's WW show debuted as a mid-season replacement, so who knows if history will repeat? Perhaps the CW will produce a super-cool 2 hr pilot that will be shown during May 2014 sweeps...and then the regular series will start Fall 2014. Yes, I know. Wishful thinking.

I want a movie.

I love how one of the articles mentions how WW is a difficult character to get right, yet further in the article the casting call mentions that character coming from a "brutal" military society....

It's hard to get a character right if you don't start of correctly in the first place....
    M

Thanks for the info. I was basing my time projection on articles that appeared many months ago when AMAZON did not receive a pilot order. CW stated if the script was eventually right they'd shoot an off-cycle pilot. I also live in LA and a friend that works for a network (not CW) said many of their off-cycles are filmed in the summer. I should point out that CW has kept completely mum about developments and we wouldn't even know about this new writer if a reporter hadn't asked today. The CW prez did state all the elements were there in Heinberg's initial script, so I'm guessing the new writer didn't start over from scratch. We also don't know how long the latest writer has been working on the script. I believe Lynda Carter's WW show debuted as a mid-season replacement, so who knows if history will repeat? Perhaps the CW will produce a super-cool 2 hr pilot that will be shown during May 2014 sweeps...and then the regular series will start Fall 2014. Yes, I know. Wishful thinking.
    I think they'll likely order a pilot in the summer and shoot in early fall, around Sept./Oct.; which is how a lot of other networks operate with their off cycles. The earliest it would shoot, I think, would be August, but that's only if they pick it up by mid-June. NBC ordered a few off cycle pilots this past year, and while they were ordered in the summer they weren't actually produced until the fall.

Also: Hi LA neighbor!
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

As much as I like WW getting the media attention, i'd rather it be about the WW movie not a TV show. Even though Arrow is a successful show on the CW, to me that Green Arrow's 60's Batman, or 70's Wonder Woman. Even Supes has finally graduated onto the silver screen. So please DC/WB, a movie would be needed over another live action tv series. I'd rather her first animated TV series over a live action.

Quote Originally Posted by sberg1 View Post
    I think they'll likely order a pilot in the summer and shoot in early fall, around Sept./Oct.; which is how a lot of other networks operate with their off cycles. The earliest it would shoot, I think, would be August, but that's only if they pick it up by mid-June. NBC ordered a few off cycle pilots this past year, and while they were ordered in the summer they weren't actually produced until the fall.

Also: Hi LA neighbor!
    Howdy neighbor! Too bad CW usually shoots in Canada. Would def go to a few location shoots if they film in LA. I watched the filming of the NBC pilot on Hollywood Blvd. Best part of that terrible DEK fiasco!