Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Supernatural has cool creatures.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Most of the time she would simply face monster & demons that can take human form.

Word is the CW is still very keen to keep this project moving forward. Most pilots shoot in Feb/March and the ones picked up are announced in early May. If the suits love Heinberg's script revisions they might order an out-of-cycle pilot, which are usually shot in May/June. This would allow time to air it as midseason replacement in January 2014 (or even an October premiere). Obviously we don't want them to rush anything. Getting this right means a greater chance it stays on air, but I also don't understand why it takes more effort to develop WW than any other series.

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

IMO, it takes more time because they are unsure of a few things: a female lead, the mythology, and comparison to the Lynda Carter show...and the costume. None of which should be concerns if they have a good script and actors.
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    IMO, it takes more time because they are unsure of a few things: a female lead, the mythology, and comparison to the Lynda Carter show...and the costume. None of which should be concerns if they have a good script and actors.
    I hear you, Wonderman, but it's criminal that for almost 40 years Warner has not been able to successfully produce a live-action WW script. It doesn't make sense. Except...it does. I think we all understand that any superhero with testacles, and who's as iconic and popular as Diana would've had several big-budget movies by now. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Supernatural has cool creatures.
    I very much enjoy Supernatural, but regularly appearing cool monsters is not their strong suit.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I very much enjoy Supernatural, but regularly appearing cool monsters is not their strong suit.
    I don't watch Supernatural. I'm sure the fx aren't AVENGERS-caliber but I always lower my expectations for TV. That said, I've been very satisfied with the fx on lots of television shows. The rebooted Battlestar Galactica comes to mind (and that had a basic cable budget), and there are other genre series that pulled it off too.

Lafan, thanks for summing it all up for me on page 16 :) Much obliged. I'm not sure I'll enjoy this new version of Diana - half the fun is the mythology and the costume. Without that, it'll be jeans and angst and thugs and romance - not what I associate her with.

I also don't watch Arrow, and would rather this show not have anything to do with it.

Has there been any update on this recently?
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

UPDATE:

CW's 'Wonder Woman' Prequel 'Amazon' Gets New Writer: 'Heroes' Aron Eli Coleite

Source

Allan Heinberg is officially off this project, which is fine with me to be honest. I'm not too familiar with Aron Eli Coleite but I'm glad that CW seems determined to get this right. Fingers crossed we hear more over the summer.

Also: I hate hate HATE that whenever they talk about the CW project they use the picture of Adrianne Palicki from the NBC disaster. Can we just forget the David E. Kelly version ever happened? Please? Pretty please?
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

CW president says "OH GOD YES!" It's still a go
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/16...-still-happen/
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??

UPDATE: Per HitFix, we have the full quote from Pedowitz who confirms that the show is indeed being looked at for an of-cycle pick-up and that a new writer is tackling the script.

"[Amazon] is being redeveloped. We're waiting for the script to come in. We have not seen it yet. We are preparing to pilot it off-cycle should the script be what we want it to be. We do not want to produce something that doesn't work for that particular character. It is the trickiest of all the DC characters to get done."

Allan Heinberg, comic book writer on Marvel Comics' Young Avengers, The O.C. and Party of Five wrote the initial pilot. Aron Eli Coleite (Heroes), also a Marvel Comics scribe (Ultimate X-Men) will pen the new script.
    Source: Entertainment Weekly

I think this is very good news indeed. Sort of surprised that Heinberg couldn't get it "right" but like the fact that another writer with superhero experience is rescripting it. I'm also glad they held back if they felt it wasn't right.

The idea of a Wonder Woman tv series sounds interesting.

Questions:

Would the tv series be modern or take place in the Amazonian past when gods existed?

If it took place in the modern world how to adapt the Amazons to it? And what would Diana's purpose be in leaving the Amazon world? The thing about Diana in DCU is that she lacks a true purpose and persona with an interesting back story.

e.g. Batman is always the dark vigilante changed because of his parents death - so he defends the night against those that rule it - he balances his morals with the greater good (even though we never see this struggle - death vs justice and what is justice - should always be some of the questions Batman has to struggle with and if Batman ever made it to tv again it would be an interesting struggle or even in his own comic. )

Superman - is the alien - the farm boy raised to be a boy-scout - to protect the human race that has potential ...

Who is Diana? Amazon - but she is so innocent and rather a blank canvas for any writer to explore in their own way - she has no darkness considering Amazons are warriors - immortal - e.g. so a Diana who has done deeds in the past (warrior rage where she kills everyone) needs to find redemption or something - something that makes her need to be a being of peace, a hero, to travel beyond her people and see the world beyond curiosity - something that motivates her - she lacks motivation.

Would she have super powers or just be a gifted Amazonian warrior?

-----

On a quick side note - I sort of picture a Wonder Woman series like a Xena Warrior Princess to some degree - can it be done that well?

I was wondering if a reporter would ask about AMAZON during the CW upfronts today. It all sounds very promising. I have a feeling a pilot will be shot in June/July and end up as a midseason replacement in January 2014. However, I'm conflicted. Mainly because I also believe there's movement on a big-budget WW movie, with key players lining up behind this project. Here's what I posted in late April on another thread:

-Sometime in the next month Warner Bros Prez Robinov is making an announcement regarding JL film and a solo Wonder Woman movie (and other possible solo DC movies like Flash).
    -And in the last week, DC's VP of Marketing John Cunningham talked JL and Wonder Woman movie adaptations at C2E2, saying, “Decisions have been made," and "It’s coming.”
    -Then, David S. Goyer (director/producer and writer of Nolan's Batman films and Man of Steel) was recently asked which DC character he'd like to tackle next. To which he immediately replied: "Wonder Woman."
    -I'm thinking Goyer has inside knowledge of Robinov's upcoming announcement, which very well may be greenlighting a Wonder Woman movie (keep in mind, about a year ago Michael Goldenberg was hired to write a WW movie script, which could be finished, polished and amazing).
    -Or Robinov might announce something regarding the CW television show about a young Diana. Either way, live-action Wonder Woman news is coming!

-UPDATE. News coming later than first thought. Apparently a huge announcement will be made in mid-July at San Diego Comic Con

So, as long as the finished product is awesome, maybe we should just be happy with either a TV show or solo movie, but I cannot imagine us getting both. Although Diana will def appear in the JL film, whenever it gets made.
    Last edited by Lafanboy; 05-16-2013 at 01:02 PM.