Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    If pushing the pilot back means getting it done right, then that's a good thing. A rushed product (see David E Kelley's Wonder Woman pilot) doesn't do anyone a favour. "It's done when it's done" is frustrating to hear, but when the eventual product comes and is awesome then you'll completely forget about all the delays. Unless it's not awesome, and then it just becomes a bitter disappointment lol. But I guess I'll take being disappointed at a later date, than being disappointed right now.
    The problem with David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman pilot was he admitted he never readthe comics but had some basis of understanding. Also it had an old time feel in 1990s instead of 2000s and also she did not have to have the feel three identies. I still feel that Adrianne did the best she could with what she was given in the script and the costume did not need to be that tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Well, shucks. Yet I agree they need to get it right. That said, they had no problem getting ARROW right in about the same timeframe from developing the script to pilot order. I'm crossing my fingers they get it right in time to film the off-cycle pilot and start airing the show as a midseason replacement (January 2014). But I'm also wondering if they're eyeing Phoebe Tonkin for the role in case the ORIGINALS gets low ratings and is canceled--which would probably mean AMAZON starts in fall 2014.
    I agree Phoebe Tonkin is the best choice for Diana right now and I am hoping for midseason. I noticed with CW spin-offs don't have much success so it is likely that The Originals might not have the success of Vampire Diaries does. Best example of spin-offs that CW had was Birds of Prey a spin-off from Smallville but that did not last one season. I still hold out hope for Phoebe to get the part I would not mind her at all. Revision ofthe script should begood too.

I still like to keep the update for it.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sberg1 View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Warner Bros. Television and the film arms are completely separate entities.
    That doesn't mean they don't have communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    That doesn't mean they don't have communication.
    The film execs wouldn't prevent the TV offices from putting a Wonder Woman show on the air. A call like that would be made by the head of Warner Bros. Studios and he was fired over the weekend and new guy put in place today so I highly doubt that was the source.
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

BANNED

Didn't they keep Batman from appearing on Smallville for the same reason?

Yes, and they also forbade Smallville to use Diana. The Smallville producers wanted to spend an entire season on Clark and Diana but WB films and Joel Silver were trying to develop the solo WW movie (Joss Whedon was hired to write script). And now, seemingly, it takes way more time to develop the tv show AMAZON than any other series ever considered in the history of mankind. Yes, I want them to get it right, but don't understand why no one can. Ridiculous that it's been almost 40 years with no live-action WW.

Yes, and they also forbade Smallville to use Diana. The Smallville producers wanted to spend an entire season on Clark and Diana but WB films and Joel Silver were trying to develop the solo WW movie (Joss Whedon was hired to write script). And now, seemingly, it takes way more time to develop the tv show AMAZON than any other series ever considered in the history of mankind. Yes, I want them to get it right, but don't understand why no one can. Ridiculous that it's been almost 40 years with no live-action WW.
    Couldn't agree more. Look this is the CW. Want a hit with Amazon? It's simple. Doom's Doorway opens up releasing myths, demigods, various monster's into the world. Winner of the contest, Diana is blessed by the God's and sent to "Man's World" to put things right again. Throw in Steve Trevor, Various Gods, portal too and from Paradise, and viola, you have several seasons of material. It aint that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Look this is the CW. Want a hit with Amazon? It's simple. Doom's Doorway opens up releasing myths, demigods, various monster's into the world. Winner of the contest, Diana is blessed by the God's and sent to "Man's World" to put things right again. Throw in Steve Trevor, Various Gods, portal too and from Paradise, and viola, you have several seasons of material. It aint that complicated.
    There is the plot for the show!!!! Simple!!!! Brilliant!!!!

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Wow, thats pretty good. I'd watch that in a heartbeat. Want a job at CW?

I love this. In your take, does Steve crash on island? Why? Does the US military notice strange activity (radioactive? meteorological?) when Doom's Doorway is opened and sends Steve to investigate?

I don't think the CW has the budget for mythological creatures. Not sure HBO even has that much of a budget to keep it going.

Thanks to all for keeping us updated.

I'm somewhat disappointed, but I guess waiting to get it right is better than rushing it out the door. Not sure why it's so complicated. Maybe it's delayed because Heinberg forgot he was writing WW again? ;) Or maybe they keep flipping a coin to decide what her origin is this time? ;)

Nice job, GBShabo.

I love this. In your take, does Steve crash on island? Why? Does the US military notice strange activity (radioactive? meteorological?) when Doom's Doorway is opened and sends Steve to investigate?
    Can I play, too? Ok, Steve is on a secret spy mission in random made-up DC country in the Mediterranean; he's investigating why there has been such a heavy miltary build up and the whole region has become uneasy. He discovers that they have discovered an ancient prophecy, indicating a great source of power. He steals one of their planes, and heads to the coordinates. He is chased by several planes. Dog fight. Bang Bang. Only hope is to head straight into the biggest, strangest, ugliest storm he's ever seen. Crash.

"Hey, what's this doing on my beach. Hmm, he's kind of cute - Mom, can I keep him?"

Call me, CW - I'm sure we can work something out. ;)
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

you guys are awesome and have awesome ideas yourself. Which is kind of my point. It's not that hard to get a pilot up and running with a solid idea to provide a season or two of plot points. Steve Trevor??? Hadn't given it much thought but perhaps something in the realm of a David Duchovny, XFiles military type that ends up playing a role of balence between aiding Diana, falling in love with her, and representing the government interests. details get ironed out and concepts take new turns as seasons progressed. I don't think Smallville thought when planning the Pilot "hmm, in season 7 we'll introduce the Justice League. No, it began as a Kryptonite menace of the week. Wonder Woman just needs a good beginning with strong writers. It can grow from there. I'm so disappointed that people are finding it so hard to give her a strong start.

I think this is more akin to Superman Returns coming out while Smallville was still on the air.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    I don't think the CW has the budget for mythological creatures. Not sure HBO even has that much of a budget to keep it going.
    i guess you never saw Hercules or Xena in the 90's?just do they same type of thing and update the cgi.