Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Nah, this needs to be more adventurous and world building than Smallville. Teen angst is inevitable, but this won't have that high school, Dawson's Creek stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    So you guys want Smallville 2.0 but with Wonder Woman?
    huh? Arrow is hardly "Smallville 2.0" but with Green Arrow... Just because Amazon may have some appearances by say Aquaman or Green Arrow doesn't make it "Smallville 2.0".
    ಠ_ಠ

The following link contains a few scraps of new info:
    --AMAZON will be set in modern day vs World War 2
    --Network is currently looking at established and new actresses for Diana

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-...natural-411772

Looks like Phoebe Tonkin is not bring considered for Diana. Apparently the CW is spinning off a new show from the Vampire Diaries and Phoebe is committed to that series. I'm still crossing my fingers for an unknown to snag the lead role in AMAZON.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pilot, which will air as an episode of The Vampire Diaries on April 25, will focus on Joseph Morgan's Klaus and the members of the Original Family of vampires in New Orleans. "Klaus was the founding father of New Orleans, and the show is set in that venue," Pedowitz said. "Klaus is just a great character and the Original Family has such dysfunctional family dynamics. We felt it was a great way to go to take the show."
    Also on board for the show is Phoebe Tonkin's Haley, which Pedowitz said ruled out some rumblings about Tonkin playing the lead role in the network's Amazon, an origin-story take on Wonder Woman. "We haven't thought about her in terms of Wonder Woman," Pedowitz said. "We're waiting to see the script and are busy casting Diana."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainme...#ixzz2HzPSL2uL

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    So you guys want Smallville 2.0 but with Wonder Woman?
    I do. Sure, SV had some problems, but ultimately it was a refreshing new take on the story with so many great things (like the Kandorians arc) that it turned into my favorite version of the Superman story.
    I'm hoping the CW will do the same for WW.

It pisses me off when people say some show is going to be Smallville because it has a superhero + it is on CW, and say it in a bad way!
    Everytime this new show (which has nothing concrete yet) was called "WW Smallville", it was all jerk speculation by the "specialized" media.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

I don't understand why they felt a need to clarify it wasn't going to be in WWII. Does anyone really expect a WWII based WW nowadays? She's pretty far removed from that in the comics and has been since more or less her original years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    I don't understand why they felt a need to clarify it wasn't going to be in WWII. Does anyone really expect a WWII based WW nowadays? She's pretty far removed from that in the comics and has been since more or less her original years.
    Probably some reporter asked the question. I never thought the CW series would be a period piece, I doubt anybody did. Although here's a thought: to pay homage to WW's roots, I'd love a story arc where Diana travels back to the early 1940's and foils some evil Nazi plan.

North-east actress aims to play Wonder Woman
    Amy Manson battles through auditions for TV role

Amy Manson, originally from Westhill, could don the famous star-spangled costume of the DC Comics heroine.
    The 27-year-old, who now lives in London, has made it through two rounds of nail-biting auditions for the chance to play Wonder Woman in a proposed US TV series.

Manson states, its a brilliant script, all about her younger years. It seems a lot edgier than past series. Manson who is 27 has appeared in two episodes of Torchwood as well as other UK based television shows.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3084206
    http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...5581/wwactress

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    North-east actress aims to play Wonder Woman
    Amy Manson battles through auditions for TV role

Amy Manson, originally from Westhill, could don the famous star-spangled costume of the DC Comics heroine.
    The 27-year-old, who now lives in London, has made it through two rounds of nail-biting auditions for the chance to play Wonder Woman in a proposed US TV series.

Manson states, “it’s a brilliant script, all about her younger years. It seems a lot edgier than past series.” Manson who is 27 has appeared in two episodes of Torchwood as well as other UK based television shows.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3084206
    http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...5581/wwactress

She's beautiful. BTW, do you have any more info on other actresses?

No, she is the only one that came to our knowledge, yet.
    Anyway, I think there is a great possibility that they will choose a foreign actress.

^^^^

Wow. She's gorgeous in those photos.

I can't say I remember her from any of her appearances on Misfits, Being Human or Torchwood, but she certainly has a pretty face which is a start in casting Wonder Woman!

And she has natural curly hair

Shouldn't casting be more tight-lipped? I'm guessing if she or someone leaked this info, she's out of contention.

It probably won't help her chances if she leaked this, though it wouldn't right her off if the Powers That Be like her. Heck, the Powers That Be might have leaked it to see reaction from us geeks! LOL
    Oh, and btw she's 5 '10