Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I think the worst part about the pilot for me was that you could *see* the potential in front of you while watching them flush it down the toilet :/

I did think they got the combat scenes right, tho' I hated how murderous she was (I think she killed at least three people), but the very casual way she kicked a shipping cargo container was spot on. That there were a couple of guys *between* the containers? No thank you.
    Totally, totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Knowing DC they'll probably think up a whole new one just for the show.
    They'll probably use the current one where she's Zeus's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    More details emerge, including Diana having a When Harry Met Sally moment eating ice cream. Lol!

The CW has put out a casting call for the lucky actor who will play Diana, aka Wonder Woman, in its brand new origins show. And the other day, a description of the character came out: she's "a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic." But what does that mean, exactly?

We got hold of the script pages that are being used for Diana's auditions, and found out a bit more about how Wonder Woman will be portrayed this time around.
    First off, a couple caveats: 1) The script for the pilot isn't even written, according to the report the other day. So these casting pages can't be from the script, because it doesn't exist yet. 2) Even if there was a script, it would probably be massively rewritten before and during filming. And in general, you can't form much of a judgment about something by looking at an early piece of material. Except to get some vague hints about the direction the creative people in this case writer Allan Heinberg are going in. And the kind of Wonder Woman they're hoping to create.

Still, there are possible spoilers for the pilot below. Be warned!

So... the script pages consist of two scenes between Diana (who's called "Iris," to disguise her true identity) and Steve Trevor (who's called "Pete," for probably the same reason.)

In the first, Steve Trevor has crash-landed on Diana's island and she's angrily interrogating him, with his hands and feet cuffed to a chair. She thinks he's a terrorist attacker, or the vanguard of an invasion, or maybe a spy. But "Pete" keeps pointing out that he's alone, "one guy with a broken plane and a handgun," and not really what the U.S. government would send if they were invading. Steve Trevor is super charming, and snarky in a "CW guy" kind of way sort of Damon from Vampire Diaries crossed with Tommy from Arrow. Suave.

In the second scene, Steve Trevor and Diana are in America, and she's in a diner having eaten a ginormous meal. Steve is astonished that she still wants more food and she explains that where she comes from, they don't have any of this luxury or softness or french fries. Life on Diana's island was hard and forbidding. And here, she explains that her people were slaves until they rose up, and they're always aware that they must fight for their freedom. And then Diana tries ice cream for the first time. She "takes her first bite... and swoons. She WHIMPERS with pleasure." With her second spoonful, Diana's whimper becomes a moan. It gets into When Harry Met Sally territory, basically, as she experiences ice cream for the first time. The people in the diner are kind of freaked out.

So, all in all... it looks pretty decent, and feels very much like a CW show, with the sparky flirty chemistry between Steve and Diana. The ice cream-eating reminds me of David E. Kelley's ice cream-obsessed Wonder Woman, in kind of an uncomfortable way. I feel like there's some Hollywood script-writer thing that sees "eating dessert" as a shorthand for all sorts of stuff about female sensuality, and that's certainly the case here. (Think Troi/Crusher and their endless dessert dissertations on Star Trek: TNG.)

All in all, even based on a couple of casting sides, I can tell this is way better than the Kelley pilot Wonder Woman has a core to her that she never had in Kelley's version, including the awareness that her people were slaves. And apparently we're keeping the "Steve Trevor crashes on Themyscira" origin story unless they just concocted that for the casting sides and decide to toss it out. But I'd bet it's in. And I'm kind of glad they're dragging Diana back to her roots, at least somewhat.
    Very, very intriguing. Could use some tweaking (not crazy about Themyscira being a forbidding place even after their uprising), but ... that's actually a good start. Let's hope they follow through and come up with some high quality material.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    Very, very intriguing. Could use some tweaking (not crazy about Themyscira being a forbidding place even after their uprising), but ... that's actually a good start. Let's hope they follow through and come up with some high quality material.
    Maybe they should use Perez's version of Paradise Island...where not all is at it seems and the Amazons must forever guard a monstrous creature imprisoned on Themyscira.

Have we had any updates lately? Is this going to pilot for sure?
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Nope, not for sure anyway. Chances are good since they're casting and have such success with Arrow this season though. I expect it to get an order.
    Top DC: Wonder Woman
    Top Marvel: X-Men, Hawkeye, All New X-Factor, Ms. Marvel

RIP I, Vampire

Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Expect news soon. Because they don't have much longer to cast the roles. If the pilot is greenlit (and I believe it will be), they will shoot in Feb/Mar timeframe. Then network execs will view the finished product sometime in April and make a decision if it goes to series. That announcement will come in early May. If it's picked up, they'll likely film changes this summer based on network and test audience inputs before it airs in Fall 2013. Fingers crossed!

So they are keeping the azz origin

Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

From what I just read on CBR about the breakdown of the JL team in the movie, their using the CW WW for the movie...
    "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20

Where did you get that? Just because she is new to mans world doesnt mean that they are using CW WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Where did you get that? Just because she is new to mans world doesnt mean that they are using CW WW.
    They def won't be using the same actress for the JL film and CW TV show. If for no other reason, huge conflicts in the shooting schedule. If picked up, the television series will shoot this summer and through the fall and into winter...the JL movie will most likely film around the same time.
    Last edited by Lafanboy; 01-04-2013 at 03:55 PM.

So, can Wonder Woman make an appearance on Arrow or is she still off limits? My patience is wearing thin.......just a little crumb will suffice until the Fall tv season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Expect news soon. Because they don't have much longer to cast the roles. If the pilot is greenlit (and I believe it will be), they will shoot in Feb/Mar timeframe. Then network execs will view the finished product sometime in April and make a decision if it goes to series. That announcement will come in early May. If it's picked up, they'll likely film changes this summer based on network and test audience inputs before it airs in Fall 2013. Fingers crossed!
    Full pilot list would be revealed by mid feb. So any time now, CW would start green lighting all their pilots and without a doubt Amazon is definitely a forerunner.

Quote Originally Posted by PallasBrenna View Post
    So, can Wonder Woman make an appearance on Arrow or is she still off limits? My patience is wearing thin.......just a little crumb will suffice until the Fall tv season.
    She will not make an appearance on Arrow. Its off limits since nobody has powers in Arrows, not to mention invisible jet and lasso of truth.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Full pilot list would be revealed by mid feb. So any time now, CW would start green lighting all their pilots and without a doubt Amazon is definitely a forerunner.

She will not make an appearance on Arrow. Its off limits since nobody has powers in Arrows, not to mention invisible jet and lasso of truth.
    This is what the Arrow producers prefer. Do u think WB might override them and dictate crossover events happen between Arrow and Amazon to capitalize on synergy?

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Will this t.v show become as iconic as 70's Wonder Woman campy show?