Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

The CW tends to recycle actors and actresses a lot. I wonder who they will re-cast in Amazon. Katie Cassidy has hopped from Supernatural to Melrose Place to Gossip Girl to Arrow and her character is returning on Gossip Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    Actually, for the CW, which has a smaller (but loyal) audience, ARROW has been a runaway success. From a CW perspective, ARROW was the most watched premiere since Vampire Diaries. ARROW was also the most watched show in the Wednesday 8PM time period in more than three years. Keep in mind, for some time viewer numbers have been getting smaller and smaller for network TV and all stations as they compete with a zillion other channels and the internet and all kinds of newfangled media for eyeballs. As Einstein would say: it's all relative.
    I get what you are saying, but when the superlatives are given like 'runaway success', that is a hard one for me to swallow. Sounds to me like the extremes that people like to use on the internet message boards, more to get a certain point across than to actually say what is the truth. Maybe if you had qualified your remark to, "runaway success for the CW network", that would have been an easier pill to swallow.

Speaking of Supernatural, the show could include some supernatural creatures, for being on the same channel and all. Yeah, like the greek gods.
    Maybe it's actually the best channel to have the show (other than HBO, maybe). Let's hope.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Speaking of Supernatural, the show could include some supernatural creatures, for being on the same channel and all. Yeah, like the greek gods.
    Maybe it's actually the best channel to have the show (other than HBO, maybe). Let's hope.
    HBO or Showtime would've been a dream come true. The CW is my top free network choice.

Even if they keep Diana's classic origin (and I think they will, judging from the casting sides) I hope fans realize she likely won't be wearing the traditional costume or call herself Wonder Woman. Warners will want to save the costume and name for a JL movie, and then maybe a potential spin-off of that movie for Wonder Woman. This will be much the same approach they took with Superman in Smallville. I think we will see pieces of the Wonder Woman iconography, maybe even the emblem (on her bracelets maybe??) but I don't think she's going to be in full costume at all. That's my educated guess.
    "Nice girls don't wear Cha-Cha Heels"
    -John Water's Female Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by EricAD View Post
    Even if they keep Diana's classic origin (and I think they will, judging from the casting sides) I hope fans realize she likely won't be wearing the traditional costume or call herself Wonder Woman. Warners will want to save the costume and name for a JL movie, and then maybe a potential spin-off of that movie for Wonder Woman. This will be much the same approach they took with Superman in Smallville. I think we will see pieces of the Wonder Woman iconography, maybe even the emblem (on her bracelets maybe??) but I don't think she's going to be in full costume at all. That's my educated guess.
    I agree. No costume unless the show goes on many years like Smallville. I am curious how the lasso and bracelets will fit in. Plus, will she be fighting crime with a Scooby gang like Smallville?

Btw, if CW does the classic origin with Steve crashing on island do you think the first solo WW movie will redo the classic origin (only more epic) or will they go with something ese?

With Gossip Girl ending, I was thinking that Leighton Meester might be a decent Wonder Woman. Not sure if I'll regret saying that, I haven't seen much of her work, but I think she'll be a good fit compared to whoever else they got.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

If Diana doesn't get to wear the costume, she might wear something the resembles the WW look.
    She should become Wonder Woman by winning the competition and going back to USA with Steve Trevor.We don't have to wait until the end of the last season.Diana may be Wonder Woman at the beginning but she's a not experienced.She's not a fully formed defender of liberty.We still get to see a Wonder Woman's inexperienced journey.

What season do you think Superman will make his appearance, so they can begin their romance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    I agree. No costume unless the show goes on many years like Smallville. I am curious how the lasso and bracelets will fit in. Plus, will she be fighting crime with a Scooby gang like Smallville?

Btw, if CW does the classic origin with Steve crashing on island do you think the first solo WW movie will redo the classic origin (only more epic) or will they go with something ese?
    If JLA is a hit, and we get a Wonder Woman spin-off, it'll probably incorporate flashbacks to her origin, but not be a full on origin story. But who knows. Superman Returns covered quite a bit of "young Clark on the farm" stuff in flashback while Smallville was right in the middle of its run. And no one's head exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    If Diana doesn't get to wear the costume, she might wear something the resembles the WW look.
    She should become Wonder Woman by winning the competition and going back to USA with Steve Trevor.We don't have to wait until the end of the last season.Diana may be Wonder Woman at the beginning but she's a not experienced.She's not a fully formed defender of liberty.We still get to see a Wonder Woman's inexperienced journey.
    As I said before in this thread, I think she will wear something resembling her classic outfit/colors, but that looks more like street clothes. Probably something akin to her JMS "pants" look, but less ornate and probably with no tiara. I agree that we will get to see a Wonder Woman's inexperienced journey towards being a super hero. I just know how Warners was with Superman during the time they were trying to get a Superman movie off the ground while Smallville was on. They will want to save the fully costumed and code named Wonder Woman to make the JLA movie more special as the big screen debut of Wonder Woman.
    "Nice girls don't wear Cha-Cha Heels"
    -John Water's Female Trouble

Another indication that she is not gonna be a teenager is that she should be over 18 in order to Steve be her love interest, if he is a military.

Another indication that she is not gonna be a teenager is that she should be over 18 in order to Steve be her love interest, if he is a military.
    Technically isn't eighteen and nineteen still teenaged, even though they're also legal adults? Kinda like a limbo period. Lol

I don't know about that, but anyway, she would have the same age as the New 52 Diana when she left the island.

I don't know about that, but anyway, she would have the same age as the New 52 Diana when she left the island.
    Why would she have to have the same age as the comic book Diana? Do you really think the CW cares about what goes on in the comic book universe over what they can create themselves?

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Diana should be 18/19 and Steve should be 22.