Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Does the description of the show remind anyone else a little of the Ame Comi Wonder Woman?

What exactly does "not suffer fools" mean?

It probably means that she has a short temper with stupid/sexist/ignorant people. That's OK if handled correctly, but there's potential for going over the top with that characterization.

I have a feeling that with the success of Arrow, this is more likely to be picked up than the NBC Version. Also, I am hoping that if this does get picked up, that eventually there will be a crossover between Arrow and Amazon.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

At least all the rage showed how people care about Wonder Woman, even those who are not fans.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I have a feeling that with the success of Arrow, this is more likely to be picked up than the NBC Version. Also, I am hoping that if this does get picked up, that eventually there will be a crossover between Arrow and Amazon.
    It also helps that CW is partly owned by WB/DC.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

It doesn't sound too bad.

I'm interested to see what they're doing with Themyscira. While the Amazons are a nation of warriors, I didn't think that they were involved in too many conflicts before Diana left Themyscira and announced the presence of the Amazons to the world. From the description, it sounds like Themyscira has been in a constant state of conflict for thousands of years - but who are the Amazons fighting? A mythological foe? Disgruntled Greek gods? Or did a nation near Themyscira discover that it existed and has been attempting to invade it? Or will Themyscira be the gateway to Tartarus and perhaps the Amazons have been tasked with stopping the dead with escaping? Or perhaps the Greek gods imprisoned some other enemy on Themyscira and the Amazons are responsible for preventing it from escaping into the world?

The character attributes sound good, although it will obviously come down to the writing and the actor playing the role of Iris aka Diana aka Amazon aka Wonder Woman. And I'm looking forward to hearing who Diana will be ineracting with in her quest to discover all the joys and horrors that the modern world has to offer. Hopefully it is Steve Trevor, Etta Candy and Vanessa Kapatelis.

That's it. Lynda Carter must play Julia Kapatelis. (whatever, haircolor)
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    That's it. Lynda Carter must play Julia Kapatelis. (whatever, haircolor)
    Yes Please!

It'll be great if they can squeeze in some greek mythos

This is the CW; they're not going to show away from the comic's mythological elements. They might change how they're represented in the comics, but they will be a part of it. Just look at the shows that are popular on the CW--Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Arrow. All genre shows. Wonder Woman never really had a prayer on NBC, they wanted something that shied away from the more fantastic elements of the comics as to not put off their older viewers (a lot of the big three networks viewers skew older) With the success of Arrow, Amazon has a pretty good chance for making it to air.

I think the description sounds good.Here's how I think this will play out: I think the basic origin for Wonder Woman will remain (Steve,the island, etc) but once Diana comes to our world, she won't immediately become Wonder Woman...they'll stretch out the putting on of the classic costume and calling herself Wonder Woman till the very end, like Smallville did (they're going to want to save the fully fledged costumed hero for the JLA movie, and then maybe a WW spin-off movie if that's successful) I could see her wearing "street clothes" similar to her look from JMS story...she'll probably keep her colors, some of her iconography (the bracelets, the lasso maybe) but it will look more like street clothes and not a costume. With Allan Heinberg involved, expect a lot LOT more elements from the comics than the David E. Kelley version would have ever had.

EDIT: Looks like, according to the sides that leaked out, that Steve Trevor crashing on Themyscira is still part of the origin. The Diana/ Steve dynamic is the stuff the CW audience eats up. Not surprised they'd keep it. http://wonderwomantv.com/5165/spoilers-what-actresses-will-be-doing-in-the-amazon-test-scenes/
    Last edited by EricAD; 12-01-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    "Nice girls don't wear Cha-Cha Heels"
    -John Water's Female Trouble

I hope they use the Azzarello WW comic as a template for the TV Show. Strife would be great as a recurring troll who annoys everyone.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    The producers of ARROW have stated they don't want any fantasy elements in their show. I.e.: no character with actual superpowers. But I hope WB/CW overrules them. It would be very, very smart for ARROW to include a few easter eggs, perhaps in May, to set up AMAZON. This kind of synergy has proven to work well in this genre. Then, yes, by all means do a crossover at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by EricAD View Post
    EDIT: Looks like, according to the sides that leaked out, that Steve Trevor crashing on Themyscira is still part of the origin. The Diana/ Steve dynamic is the stuff the CW audience eats up. Not surprised they'd keep it. http://wonderwomantv.com/5165/spoilers-what-actresses-will-be-doing-in-the-amazon-test-scenes/
    I'm thrilled they're going with Steve crash-landing on island (followed probably by the contest) as a way to bring Diana to man's world. But I'm also a little surprised. Because if they film this classic origin for the TV show, I cannot see WB shelling out major $$$ to film this version yet again for the big-budget movie (assuming the solo WW movie will be released in the next 5 years--I know, NEVER assume. Ha!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    The producers of ARROW have stated they don't want any fantasy elements in their show. I.e.: no character with actual superpowers. But I hope WB/CW overrules them. It would be very, very smart for ARROW to include a few easter eggs, perhaps in May, to set up AMAZON. This kind of synergy has proven to work well in this genre. Then, yes, by all means do a crossover at some point.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I heard that too, but if they have two DC shows on at the same time, it would really make sense to include at leat one crossover. And even though Arrow is really grounded, The Avengers film/franchise shows its possible to have a world that has both a heavy focus on magic/fantasy, and technology.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps