Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    That's your subconscious trying to protect you. It's a terrible show.
    Nonsense. This upcoming WW show is wishing it'll be as good as Arrow.

I wonder what the logistics of tying this planned WW show into the continuity of the JL movie would be? Has anyone ever done something like that before? Say they make this show a mini-series with Diana's origins and then just go straight into the JL movie from there.
    ಠ_ಠ

I think the safest way to go is to have magic be a hidden force in the world. Make it about how the Greek Gods, perhaps along with other pantheons, sealed up all the magic in the world long ago to keep it from running rampant and Themyscira is a gateway between the mortal world and the mystical world. The Amazons are a combination of warrior monks, special forces, and an intelligence service who are charged with secretly protecting the earth from mystical threats. The Amazons can go into the outside world to track down magical artifacts and defeat monsters or demons but they have to use magic keep their existence a secret and can't have any contact with outsiders.

However, some big disaster takes place and unleashes a lot of magical force into the world, making several of the world's governments aware of magic. The Amazons then have to make contact with those governments and help them contain the magical outbreak. It wouldn't necessarily be a monster of the weak type show since there are many different kinds of magical forces being released. There would also be things like mystical artifacts, malevolent spirits, curses and hexes, divine powers that give average people the abilities of legendary heroes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I'm not against the idea of a WW show just not really sure im into to seeing how she grows up as the whole point of the show.

I rather see her starting out as a superhero rather than her growing up to be one.
    Well, wouldn't that be the show's job to make it interesting? That's what Smallville did for a lot of viewers. Birth Right, Secret Origins, Earth One. It's still fairly recent that Superman's younger days was really beefed up.

Wonder Woman would definitely benefit from the same kind of attention to every part of her life. There are now plenty stories of Superman throughout his life as a youth and in the distant future. After reading Wonder Woman #0, I'd want to learn more. I'd even want to see Wonder Woman in the future like Batman Beyond.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

I doubt I'll watch this. Didn't like Smallville and I haven't liked Arrow, so I'm probably not gunna like this.

The show won't be on until fall 2013 at the earliest so sitback, relax, and don't let this give you an ulcer.

I like Arrow. Is it the best super hero show? No but it's not bad. I'll be watching the new Wonder Woman and I hope it's a great show.

CW's Wonder Woman moving toward casting
    The CW’s Wonder Woman prequel project is taking another step toward becoming a possible series.
    Studio Warner Bros. has hired a casting director for the project and is preparing to send out a casting notice for the starring role. As previously announced, the project is titled Amazon and it “looks at the teenage years of the heroine who will become Wonder Woman.”
    Normally casting doesn’t happen until after a project has received at least a pilot order — and Amazon, to be clear, does not. But a project like this so hinges on the lead role, perhaps the network and studio want to see some potential actors before deciding whether to pull the trigger (or they’re so confident it will receive a pilot order, they want to get a jump start on the casting process vs. competing pilot season projects).
    Given the success of Arrow this fall, The CW must be tempted to add another DC Comics character to the lineup as a potential companion series. Just remember, however, we’ve been down this road before. Previously, NBC developed a Wonder Woman series last year starring Adrianne Palicki, but despite some photos that made us TV bloggers very happy, the project never made it past the pilot stage.

What do you think? Who should be cast as Wonder Woman — this time?

UPDATE: Looks like Deadline obtained the official casting breakdown, which has more details. The character’s name is Iris (5’8″ or above) and she comes from a secluded country where she was raised as a solider in a brutal environment. Now a stranger in a strange modern big city, she’s “a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic * and she will fight to the death to make the world safe.”

Deadline.com offer the following character description:

She comes from a remote, secluded country and until now has spent most of her life as a soldier and a leader on the battlefield.

Because of relentless brutality of her life at home, Iris looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment. She?s delighted and just as often horrified by the aspects of everyday life that we take for granted: skyscrapers, traffic, ice cream. It?s all new and fascinating and sometimes slightly troubling to her. Iris is completely unschooled in our world, our culture, our customs.

And she?s completely inexperienced at interpersonal relationships. She has no social filter, does not suffer fools, and tends to do and say exactly what?s on her mind at all times. She?s bluntly, refreshingly honest. She can tell when you?re lying to her. And she doesn?t have time or patience for politics or tact because she?s too busy trying to experience everything our world has to offer. There are too many sights to see and things to learn and people to care for.

Hers is a true, noble, and generous heart. And she will fight and die for the people she loves. Iris is a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic and she will fight to the death to make the world safe for innocents and true romantics everywhere.
    Iris is obviously code for Diana, unless it's some bizarre name-change.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Here we go again.

If this name change is for real, I'm gonna laugh. Nothing they do to this character anymore will surprise me. Not after seeing corporate CEO (and torture advocate) Diana Themyscira get bent out of shape over big-titted dolls.

And yeah, not digging the description of her home life as "relentless brutality."

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    If this name change is for real, I'm gonna laugh. Nothing they do to this character anymore will surprise me. Not after seeing corporate CEO (and torture advocate) Diana Themyscira get bent out of shape over big-titted dolls.

And yeah, not digging the description of her home life as "relentless brutality."
    Doesn't this character sound more like Barda than Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
    The description sounds pretty spot on to me...and guys, she will NOT be called Iris. These high profile casting calls often have fake names attached to them. Just like Superman was Clark on Smallville, and Oliver Queen is Green Arrow on Arrow, she WILL be Diana. Probably not Wonder Woman, but Diana. Relax on that front.
    "Nice girls don't wear Cha-Cha Heels"
    -John Water's Female Trouble

I'm hoping that "relentless brutality" is more because the Amazons are under siege or whatever rather than them being a bunch of war mongering bitches. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the latter...

Also she spent most of her life as a soldier and leader on the battlefield? Isn't she meant to be teenager? I don't know if I'm going to buy a 16 year old general leading a charge against the hordes of whatever it is their fighting. This is potentially going to be very silly and not in the fun way.

I will say though that casting calls like this often have very little to do with the finished product or character. They haven't even got the go ahead to film a pilot yet. They could still do a 180 on the character and direction of the show from here. It is good though that they're already looking for Diana, sorry, "Iris" and I think that's a good move. A lot will rest on finding the right actress.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Wouldn't that be the same formula as Arrow though, where Ollie is readjusting to the world whilst bringing justice and his life on the island is given flashbacks?
    I have not seen Arrow yet. Maybe I should give it a shot.

Also I hope they call her Diana and not Iris.