View Poll Results: Who will die?

Voters
160. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman

9 5.63%
  • Damian

26 16.25%
  • Drake

15 9.38%
  • Todd

7 4.38%
  • Alfred

63 39.38%
  • Batgirl

14 8.75%
  • Gordon

16 10.00%
  • The Japanese batman

19 11.88%
  • Joker

27 16.88%
  • Harley

18 11.25%
  • Catwoman

7 4.38%
  • Other

36 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    That would be a devasting blow for everyone, . And in "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" Bruce saw Alfred claiming be the Joker because it was what he needed, very twisted resonance.
    It sure would be, I've always seen Alfred as the patriarch of the Bat-family, more so than Bruce, and by shattering that, the family would be left reeling & demoralized. It's the kind of thing that could hit them harder than a literal death.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    All through Court of Owls and Death of the Family, Alfred has felt "off". I assumed through CoO that it was to make the reader question whether or not Alfred was in on the Court. I think that what's going to happen is that Synder is again retelling a classic Batman tale in a new way. I believe that Alfred is wearing Joker's face. He has become the villain again like he did before. He knows who they all are. He above everyone else wants Bruce stronger and better. He could get into the house and kidnap "himself". At the end of the last issue, Batman thinks he will stare into Joker's eyes until he sees love. The "Death" will be when its revealed that "Joker" is Alfred. The secret that Bruce is keeping from the family is that Bruce knows that Alfred has had mental breaks and became a villain before and Bruce knew about it and didn't lock Alfred in Arkham. He didn't tell the others what Alfred is capable of.

Just my take.
    The worst thing? The absolute worst thing?

I think you're right.

It is an interesting theory and it would definitely effect the Bat Family maybe moreso than an actual death would. It would also fit into the theory that the "death" here is going to be more of a metaphorically death than a literal one.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Alfred is going to die, possibly at the hands of Batman (under some form of Joker toxin.) Alfred is not the Joker. Harper will become the new Alfred.

And who the fuck put Japanese Batman on here?

All through Court of Owls and Death of the Family, Alfred has felt "off". I assumed through CoO that it was to make the reader question whether or not Alfred was in on the Court. I think that what's going to happen is that Synder is again retelling a classic Batman tale in a new way. I believe that Alfred is wearing Joker's face. He has become the villain again like he did before. He knows who they all are. He above everyone else wants Bruce stronger and better. He could get into the house and kidnap "himself". At the end of the last issue, Batman thinks he will stare into Joker's eyes until he sees love. The "Death" will be when its revealed that "Joker" is Alfred. The secret that Bruce is keeping from the family is that Bruce knows that Alfred has had mental breaks and became a villain before and Bruce knew about it and didn't lock Alfred in Arkham. He didn't tell the others what Alfred is capable of.

Just my take.
    That would be a devasting blow for everyone, . And in "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" Bruce saw Alfred claiming be the Joker because it was what he needed, very twisted resonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    The worst thing? The absolute worst thing?

I think you're right.
    I think that this is a fairly solid idea, but doesn't the scene where the Joker is kidnapping and attacking Alfred, as well as the security footage shown later of the same, kind of make it less likely?
    Check out my eBay items!

My blog: Random Pop Culture Reviews!

I'm fairly certain DotF will end with Joker falling off an unreasonably high ledge and disappearing, Golden Age style.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Just my take.
    Honestly? I can totally see a twist like that happening. After all, we got a Thomas Wayne Jr. story in the Court of Owls, so this very well could be Scott Synder's "New 52" version of "The Outsider." Heck, they could even have so that Alfred has been the real Joker all this time and the guy we thought was the Joker was merely just an actor Alfred hired. It certainly would explain how the Joker playing card got into the Batcave without setting off all the security, wouldn't it? Also, lbased on the solicit for March 2013, we have someone who could potentially be set up as the "new Alfred" already--Harper Row.

Quote Originally Posted by SicSexSix View Post
    That's a pretty wild theory. I kinda like it :)

Hey, the dream Bruce was having where Alfred attacked him with the axe, that could be a bit of foreshadowing. It's not outside the realm of possibility.
    Yep.

I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by philioteria21 View Post
    I think that this is a fairly solid idea, but doesn't the scene where the Joker is kidnapping and attacking Alfred, as well as the security footage shown later of the same, kind of make it less likely?
    Not if you think of it in these terms: there are usually TWO Jokers in every deck of playing cards and often time neither Joker looks exactly the same.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Newsarama is speculating that it doesn't like good for Damian in DoTF.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-t...citations.html

Though I'm not really inclined to agree with their assumption. I think it's reaching.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

Yeah, I really doubt it's Damian, especially since solicits for B&R17 has Damian in it.

And B&R is doing a great job at creating a Bruce/Damian Father/Son dynamic. At least... it was.

If anyone "dies": Joker. Joker falls into river. Batman searches for body. Can't find one, concludes that the Joker is gone for good.

-____-

Inc still has 6 more months til it wraps. March is only three months away. I highly doubt Damian will be killed off in DotF.

Default Alfred's Death?

In Death of the Family do you think Alfred will die?

No.

No one ever dies in comics. Ever. Even IF he dies he'll back at some point through voodoo magic or a clone or time travel or a cyborg.

BANNED

It will be revealed that this whole time the Joker has been a time traveling Stephanie Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Newsarama is speculating that it doesn't like good for Damian in DoTF.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-t...citations.html

Though I'm not really inclined to agree with their assumption. I think it's reaching.
    Damian won't die nor will he be injured. First of all he appears healthy in BaR and Nightwing covers and even if he wasn't in them it would still be unlikely because Morrison is still writing Damian and has total control over the character and what happens to him until he leaves. Snyder has confirmed that no one will die in DotF and they will only be maimed and spoilers:
    Alfred is blinded
    end of spoilers so that takes care of the maiming part of it.

I voted for the Joker.

After reading The Red Hood and the Outlaws #0, it seemed to me that The Joker knows who Batman is. Since, He basically set up Jason to Join Batman as the second Robin. Why cannot the Death of the Family be that Bruce is guilty of not telling people that he was pretty sure he knew Joker knew their secret identities. If you were Barbra Gordon how pissed would you be that Batman never told you that his greatest foe might know who you are.

Reading through this thread, I am agreeing with the Alfred might be the Joker theory.

I've gone back and reread a lot of stories and dmn, this joker is alfred theory keeppopping up in my brain. I almost can't see an alternative now.