View Poll Results: Who will die?

Voters
160. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batman

9 5.63%
  • Damian

26 16.25%
  • Drake

15 9.38%
  • Todd

7 4.38%
  • Alfred

63 39.38%
  • Batgirl

14 8.75%
  • Gordon

16 10.00%
  • The Japanese batman

19 11.88%
  • Joker

27 16.88%
  • Harley

18 11.25%
  • Catwoman

7 4.38%
  • Other

36 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    we Assume Death of the Family will bring about the death of a bat-character.

No "we" don't. You may think that, but that's you. There are a lot of fans who don't believe anyone major will die.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by mmehshow View Post
    Um...yes it is.
    With the revelation in the last issue of who Wingman is, is before that point Jason wasn't on good terms with Batman. Yet in the new 52 continuity, Jason gets his own book/on good terms with Batman (yeah i know Lobdell said he'll be addressing it). In addition, there is no Leviathan threat that Batman is dealing with in the other books. I guess you could say Leviathan is its own story arc, but Inc hasn't crossed over like all of the other Batbooks have. He's been dealing with the Leviathan threat for over, counting the vol 1, one shot and 0 issue, 15 issues now. No other writer or book has mentioned Batman Incorporated or the operatives except Batwing. The other books reference each other, for example Detective 14 mentions Alfred missing, the Dark Knight 0 issue even mentions the Court of Owls.

Batman Inc vol 2 just doesn't fit in New 52 continuity, think about it.
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

1) As far as I am aware, Batman Inc. is still very much in continuity. It was referenced to by Batman and Robin, and the overall inclusion of Batwing as a distant member of the Bat-family relies on Inc. In fact, some are annoyed that Inc. is relegated to the New 52 since that probably justified an editorial mandate to exclude certain characters from the series later issues.

2) Now, looking at the covers for the #17s coming out on the comics dealing with the Robins, I'm noticing a recurring theme; they all seem to be in some kind of aftershock anguish. We've got Jason interacting with Bruce for the first time outside of Inc., we've got Tim apparently locked in despair, and we've got Damian and Dick teamed up again, though now it looks like Damian might be forced to play "good cop." So whatever this arc's climax is supposed to be, it does appear to include some kind of serious, far-reaching emotional damage for us to investigate. And I'm having trouble not seeing harm on Alfred as being tied to that.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batman23 View Post
    Batman Inc vol 2 just doesn't fit in New 52 continuity, think about it.
    not just that, but Morrison said himself it was just a continuation of the New Earth story before the Flashpoint event happened. ...of course, I can't find the source of the quote, but I know he said it! It was a good couple months before the New 52, but as it got closer, he began saying the company line of "yeah, it's in continuity of the New 52."

So, I think in Morrison's mind, it's out of Prime Earth continuity (New 52) and in New Earth continuity (pre-New 52) as it fits his Batman epic.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    we Assume Death of the Family will bring about the death of a bat-character.

this Febuary Cover for Red Hood and the Outlaws seems to point to one character in particular

also of note is that the cover for DCU Presents for that month has arsenal fighting killer croc again

http://s1304.beta.photobucket.com/us...45128416475187

suggesting prehapes he will get a new series, and if red hood dies its likely red hood and the outlaws will end as well
    No...not Jason.

I sure hope not. How does this move anybody forward? It doesn't matter long term I guess and it's not like I would stop getting the comic but it just seems like doing something that was done 20 years ago. Jason's been one of my favorites since the New 52 has helped to move his character along. Pre-Flashpoint they brought him to this place of no return where he was essentially a villain, incapable of redemption. Finally he's growing. What epic storyline idea would come from killing the guy AGAIN? Especially at the hands of Joker?

Way too early to judge. But I really would rather that this is all misdirection.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Carnage vs. Deadpool

While it's called death in the family it's not specified WHICH family. And the poll got me thinking. What if it's the Joker's "family" that will have see a "death"? What if it's Harley? Because SHE makes Joker weak? What if all the talk about trying to make Batman strong is a projection of the Joker's own issues which he then realizes and decides to go after his own problems?

Lot's of What Ifs there. But I'm starting to think that the "death" is going to be something other then what's been assumed.
    "Well, I will say one thing about your night time activities--you do tend to antagonize the most interesting people." -Alfred to Bruce, Legends of the Dark Knight #24

Quote Originally Posted by AiyokuSama View Post
    What if it's Harley?
    I don't think DC is that mad at Paul Dini. They may want to work with him again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I don't think DC is that mad at Paul Dini. They may want to work with him again at some point.
    True but bring her back isn't beyond the pale.
    "Well, I will say one thing about your night time activities--you do tend to antagonize the most interesting people." -Alfred to Bruce, Legends of the Dark Knight #24

I'm going with the idea that the family itself could fall apart/have a fallout and the connections between the batfamily 'die' in the storyline.

BANNED

Didn't Bruce and Damian just get a new dog?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    Didn't Bruce and Damian just get a new dog?
    Yep. Titus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy House View Post
    Yep. Titus.

Ha ha. That sucker is dead. Gonna find him on the front steps I bet. Smiling. Poor dog.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

per Feb solicitations, my guess is the "family" is all of Haley's Circus - performers, property, everything. ...or the proverbial bat family and Dick truly leaving b/c of the death of all of Haley's Circus.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

BANNED

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Joker wipes out the entire circus and everyone in the building.

Alfred is probably taken out pretty bad, too.

Hopefully the Joker fixes Jason instead of just killing him. He's sucked as a 'hero' and should be a villain.

I think the death of the family is referring to, not the batfamily, but the batfamily's families.