Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Avengers Initiative

Heya.

Here we can talk about the iOS app series Avengers Alliance. Whether it's your experience with Hulk's chapter, or hopes/predictions for future chapters, come on in and share your thoughts. Unfortunately none of my systems can run the game, but I'm looking into getting a tablet that can later down the line. The game seems solid and enjoyable enough for me and the variety of moves and costumes intrigues me. Plus I want the costume for beating Hulkbuster Iron Man. Anyone else?

I'm a bit upset that the game hasn't been released for Android yet. It has been close to 2 months now since the game dropped on iOS, and from what I can gather, is a solid swipe em up.
    Also, I'm liking the XP and costume bonuses that seem to be coming round regularily which indicates that Marvel have invested a lot of time in this game.
    I just hope Android users will get a treasure trove of extras when it finally gets released

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjustice View Post
    I'm a bit upset that the game hasn't been released for Android yet. It has been close to 2 months now since the game dropped on iOS, and from what I can gather, is a solid swipe em up.
    Also, I'm liking the XP and costume bonuses that seem to be coming round regularily which indicates that Marvel have invested a lot of time in this game.
    I just hope Android users will get a treasure trove of extras when it finally gets released

^ This so much. I finally upgraded my Droid to one that has 4G as well. I really want this game to finally come out.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Any update or timescale of release would be nice. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 which thankfuly will support the game. I don't understand why Android users get the shaft when it comes to games.

We have a better operating system overall. Those iOS people need games first to make themselves feel important. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    We have a better operating system overall. Those iOS people need games first to make themselves feel important. ;)
    Considering that the Samsung Galaxy S3 outsold the iPhone 4 as of 6th September, you would think that android would be considered just as important to release the game on. The fact that there have been no updates whatsover is absolutely unbelievable.

Wait did they ever actually say when it was coming out on Android? Or was it just "later?"
    Last edited by DiceRoll; 10-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    Wait did they ever actually say when it was coming out on Android? Or was it just "later?"
    The latest update, which hasn't changed since September 6th is 'coming soon to select android devices'. No release date, or reason for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjustice View Post
    The latest update, which hasn't changed since September 6th is 'coming soon to select android devices'. No release date, or reason for the delay.
    Well that's disappointing.

Just checked Google Play today and found this:

AVAILABLE NOW FOR THE FOLLOWING ANDROID DEVICES
    *** MARVEL ANNOUNCES DEBUT OF AVENGERS INITIATIVE FOR SELECT ANDROID DEVICES WITH $4.99 PROMOTIONAL PRICE ***
    HTC One X
    HTC Evo 4g
    HTC Incredible 4g
    LG G2x
    LG Nitro HD
    Motorola Droid 3
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Photon Q 4g
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
    Asus Nexus 7
    Asus Transformer Prime
    Asus Transformer
    ***For up to the minute updates, "Like" us on the Official Marvel XP fan page at www.facebook.com/MarvelXP. Thanks for your patience.***
    Unfortunately I own none of these. Ah, well. Any Android users getting/got it now?

I have a Droid 4. I might try to pick it up anyways just to see if it works. If not hopefully I'll already have it once it gets fixed into the list.

So thanks to the update I was able to get Episode 1 (Still trying to find 2). Anyone else? Any thoughts? Fun experiences? Tip? Strategies? I'm lovin' the game so far. Probably beat it eight times by now. A little disappointed with the Avengers Alliance rewards, but meh. Still a fun game on its own. Can't wait to get episode 2.

The game still locks up on the loading screen for me, so I have yet to be able to make a judgement on it outside of the fact Playdom needs to get their butts in gear to get it to work on more devices. Especially ones that are capable of running the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    The game still locks up on the loading screen for me, so I have yet to be able to make a judgement on it outside of the fact Playdom needs to get their butts in gear to get it to work on more devices. Especially ones that are capable of running the game.
    Yeah...mine has its share of problems as well. Mainly that I can't watch the briefings and the controls won't register my swipes at times. Also Hulk's pants glitch out on the title screen sometimes so I'm forced to either reload or fight in a giant pair of Hanes.

I got the game for my Nexus 7 and it crashed all the time. Granted this was a month ago, guess I should check to see if they improved performance.