Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default FIRST LOOK: Fabok's "Justice League" Variant Cover

DC Comics has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at Jay Fabok's variant cover for November's "Justice League" #14 featuring Geoff Johns and Tony Daniel's latest chapter on the road to 2013's "Trinity War."

Full article here.

Something is really off about Superman in that...
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

That cover seems really familiar...
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

of-course the more interesting cover is only penciled while the more generic one is fully inked

EDIT: nvm the fully inked version was already released a while back
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-24-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Yeah...also, does Diana have a beauty spot in that picture?

Anyway, can't wait to see people start complaining about how offensive this is as it depicts Wonder Woman positioned lower than Superman and on one knee. Or alternatively people complaining how the imagery of the lasso as a circle around Superman implies she's got him on a leash.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

Anyway, can't wait to see people start complaining about how offensive this is as it depicts Wonder Woman positioned lower than Superman and on one knee. Or alternatively people complaining how the imagery of the lasso as a circle around Superman implies she's got him on a leash.
    The people who do stuff like that have their heads up their own butt. Seriously, it's comics. Comics is supposed to be fun. I like that it's a fun cover with them looking happy and not sullen or lying unconscious or fighting. They look like they ready to go kick some @ss together, and the lasso circling him has been used before with Jim Lee and Greg Capullo. It's a hint that she's "lassoed" him romantically so to speak.

To Jabare. The normal cover is the sketched variant inked and colored.

BANNED

It's a nice cover, but I think Superman's fists and forearms shouldn't be larger than his head

It's the haircut, it makes him look a lot older then what he actually is.

I think it's a good cover, albiet a bit generic. Jason Fabok's art is pretty good.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

Ignoring the Wonder Woman portion, the Fabok cover really reminds me of this:

DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

The cover makes me smile. Clark is checking out the wonder booty, I'm sure. Diana looks really lovely in this. Clark...something about his composition is a little off. But I too like they look like they having some fun.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

Is it just me or does Superman look a lot like Tom Cruise?

Also, not digging Wonder Woman here at all. Definitely see that beauty spot mentioned above and those boobs are really being thrust out there.

This cover's not to my particular liking. Fobok's strength seems to be in interiors/storytelling - his covers are a bit stagey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

How about both covers suck because Fabok and Daniel are second rate Jim Lee clones, who himself is a second rate clone of Arthur Adams.

I was looking forward to Lee leaving JL, but if this is what's replacing him looks like I'll have to keep passing on it until they get this 90's rehash out of their system.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    How about both covers suck because Fabok and Daniel are second rate Jim Lee clones, who himself is a second rate clone of Arthur Adams.
    I grew up a fan of Lee and his X-Men, but I think Daniel has surpassed him now.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

I think it's the neck-chest joining...ratio looks off....like he has enormous shoulders and a thick neck....
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk