Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Not confronting someone about your feelings for them while they are dating someone else is not cowardly. It's actually the right thing to do. It's being respectful, and not wanting to damage a friendship.

Let him wait and see how things play out with Lois's relationship, and his own with Wonder Woman. When the time is right and it's appropriate I'm sure he will act.
    Life looks better in black and white.

You know, don't know why Superman has to be set up as a love sick a sap in the new 52 in his own title. In Action he does not behave like this, even though he admires Lois and is good friends with her. Glad to see some different women in Clark's life and I don't mean in a romantic sense either. It's nice to have some variation than Lois imo. Cat and the exotic doctor add some color to a cast that has put one to sleep for 12 issues. And if he's going to kiss someone like WW but pine for Lois in future issues, the quicker WW kicks him to the curb the better.

I seriously doubt that's the case. Lobdell is just clearing up plot points that he didn't introduce. I'd rather he do it this way than just ignore it all completely. I mean I might say that sometimes out of frustration, but the reality is that outside of really extreme circumstances its always better to acknowledge what came before somehow than to just ignore it all. The first year of Superman may not have been anything to write home about, but to make it count to some degree moving forward at least makes it so what came before isn't a complete waste of space.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, coming out of the H'el storyline, Superman comes out of it with some new clarity and patch things up with Lois and being at a permanent peace with her relationship with Jonathan (and hopefully a massively reduced tension with Kara and Kon, but that's another animal altogether).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    The spark was explicitly tied to their mutual loneliness due to their inability to connect with the people they truly care about.
    No. What they said is:

SUPERMAN: I grew up with it.And I kept it once Superman came on the scene, to protect the people I'm close to.
    WONDER WOMAN: And it's worked?
    SUPERMAN: I don't know. I still have to keep secrets from everyone. So how close I am to anyone is debatable.
    WONDER WOMAN: We're not like Zeus, but we're not like them, either.
    SUPERMAN: We're not like anyone.
    WONDER WOMAN:People like us are really alone, aren't we? Do you ever feel alone?
    SUPERMAN: Of course, I... do.

Meaning, that they feel alone, period. There's nothing in this conversation that implies what you said. What Superman said in the first line is just that, that he keeps the CK persona to protect the people he is close to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I get the point, I just don't think it holds any particular sort of validity in judging the creative choices in this instance. This is a case where the onus is on the readers to be smart enough to understand this is a new continuity. I mean, a reboot doesn't make past materials non-existent. They're still there, and being there its only natural to compare and contrast past materials to the new. But noting curious differences between one incarnation or the other doesn't make the creative choices of the new any less valid. So I stand by my belief that how Clark acted in past continuities is completely irrelevant to how he's approaching his feelings now. They're going in a different approach. Not necessarily better, not necessarily worse, just different. And as long as they stay true to that characterization, and flesh it out and let readers in to the rhyme and reason for the way he is in this regard, just like anything else, then its perfectly valid. If even then, people want to rip on Clark for being a coward just because they're mad he and Lois aren't together in this continuity, well then fair enough I suppose.
    This. Quoted for truth.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye Len (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

I just got round to reading this. I actually liked this issue, the highlight is Roccafort's art.

Although I have one problem. Why was Ireland drawn like it was a desert, seriously there is no vegetation in sight, just dirt and rock. Also since when do we have oil rigs. When I first saw the location I assumed it was the middle-east due to the desert landscape and oil rigs. I know I'm probably just making too big a deal about it because I'm Irish. I don't expect artists to meticulously draw from real world examples and landcapes, but I though it was pretty common knowledge that there isn't any desert in Ireland, we're known as the Emerald Isle for gods sake. I don't even mind the Oil thing, I wish we had oil, but it would have been better if it was on grassy fields or something.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-Dredd View Post
    I just got round to reading this. I actually liked this issue, the highlight is Roccafort's art.

Although I have one problem. Why was Ireland drawn like it was a desert, seriously there is no vegetation in sight, just dirt and rock. Also since when do we have oil rigs. When I first saw the location I assumed it was the middle-east due to the desert landscape and oil rigs. I know I'm probably just making too big a deal about it because I'm Irish. I don't expect artists to meticulously draw from real world examples and landcapes, but I though it was pretty common knowledge that there isn't any desert in Ireland, we're known as the Emerald Isle for gods sake. I don't even mind the Oil thing, I wish we had oil, but it would have been better if it was on grassy fields or something.
    I still reckon it's a quarry and that they're mining shale.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I still reckon it's a quarry and that they're mining shale.
    Thats a good guess, and I'll go with it. But still there is a wide long shot showing that makes the surrounding area look like its just just miles of flatland of dirt with nothing on on the horizon except for what are clearly oil rigs.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

The funny thing is I get the impression Lois would jump his bones immediately if she knew he was superman.

Thats a good guess, and I'll go with it. But still there is a wide long shot showing that makes the surrounding area look like its just just miles of flatland of dirt with nothing on on the horizon except for what are clearly oil rigs.
    I know...I know...just...squint

Infme et fier de l'tre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Heh, reminds me of how Paris was drawn in Team 7. It was very faithful......if the story was set in the 50's.
    Americans just don't know what Europe looks like.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

This issue is billed as a prelude to "H'el on Earth". Is this an essential part of the cross-over, or a prelude like the one page in "Batgirl" #13 makes it a prelude to "Death of the Family"?

BANNED

Just a one-page.