Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I think so too, UA issue 2 was pushed back I think this will as well.
    Why would it, unless I'm mistaken UA 2 was pushed back because of Cassady.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    So what comes out on Wednesday x related
    Age of Apocalypse #9

AvX Consequences #5

Uncanny X-Force #33

X-Factor #246

X-Men #38

Deadpool #1 (if you consider him an X-Character)

Thank you Juggs

Tthe marvel site also showed All New Xmen #1 out on wensday
    "I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but shouldn't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem deal with itself?"
    -Unknown

this Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Bendis said "Cyclops has been brought to a world where he murdered Charles Xavier. How would he deal with that? And how does the modern day Scott deal with looking his younger self in the face? How do you tell the young version of yourself, 'Here's how it's going to turn out?'

While young cyclops will be going, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", older cyclops will be going, "It was an accident". But then the real problem for old Scot will be, "How did I get this way?". There was this change to cyclops that happened after HoM, where Scott became a resistance general instead of simply a leader of a team. Xavier had already turned into Onslaught and was ostracized, so it was all on Scot to save what was left of the mutant race. This changed Scott profoundly, and it is this difference that will be the hardest to explain to young Scott.
    I think this is a good, logical assessment that adult Cyclops would have to explain to his younger self. In the context of O5 Cyclops, he hasn't seen Xavier do any of the horrible things he ended up doing like Onslaught, Danger, and mind-wiping him about Gabriel. Plus, House of M completely changed the situation for the X-men. I don't see how he Cyclops could follow his same role and have the team survive. Because looking back on the House of M and pre-Messiah Complex stories, Charles Xavier didn't step up in the slightest. He never tried to become that same dreamer he was during the O5 era. And that's not Cyclops's fault. If Xavier wasn't going to step up, then what was the alternative?

I doubt O5 Cyclops will understand this. I doubt ANYONE in the O5 will understand it or even believe it for that matter. Moreover, I doubt the conversation will get that detailed so I doubt there will ever be an understanding. Marvel usually goes for the plot that involves more fighting. I just hope Bendis touches on it because more than any other writer, he plays up drama with young characters.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Jean might be able to understand it, if only because shes a telepath and can actually see the memories for her self so long as Cyke lets her. He might decide its better off that she not know and understand though. Young Scott though, yah no chance.
    "I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but shouldn't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem deal with itself?"
    -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    http://ifanboy.com/podcasts/word-bal...ichael-bendis/

bendis 2:18:10 into the podcast till about 2:22:45 into the podcast
    So he's continuing the "Moral Grey/Edgy" Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So he's continuing the "Moral Grey/Edgy" Cyclops.
    ya pretty much and cyclops is still a leader which i like

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

But a leader of what is the question. While he's protecting mutants, he may literally be making things harder for the X-Men by making mutants even more hated. Then again, we may also be essentially the equivalent one being to what the Avengers were following Civil War with 2 teams that were acting as heroes but one being fugitives.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Yea a leader of his own faction, that is the curious aspect, of what he'll do. So far it seems that he'll find protect and send mutants logan's way.

Which reminds me of the 90s era of the X-men Gold/Blue era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But a leader of what is the question. While he's protecting mutants, he may literally be making things harder for the X-Men by making mutants even more hated. Then again, we may also be essentially the equivalent one being to what the Avengers were following Civil War with 2 teams that were acting as heroes but one being fugitives.
    This! I also the sense I'm getting. Especially how Bendis describing cyke, and the role he plays and how he's viewed I definetly feel the SW aspect playing here. While the first books seems to focus on the "New Mutants and O5" i"m betting Cykes book will have more to do with GoG and the P5 actions (Ramifications/Consequences and the good as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    CV Cap is already passing word to Wolverine about new Sentinels, whatever hatred Scott bringing in defending mutants would be a drop in the bucket. The hatred is clearly there since the govement is setting Cyke up to be killed in AvX#1.

Somebody has to Protect mutants, and I will belive that Caps quisling team will do so when I see Cap punching out Val Cooper or Thor smashing a government sentinel
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

http://ifanboy.com/podcasts/word-bal...ichael-bendis/

bendis 2:18:10 into the podcast till about 2:22:45 into the podcast
    The line he had about how some character will question their roles and how they teach the students sounds like some one from the school staff is going to leave and join Cyclops.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

In the meanwhile, Unit, Apex, Tabula Rasa will probably move to Gillen's Iron Man
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU