Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default LIVE: Waid, Yu Bring "Indestructible Hulk" to Marvel NOW!

In a special press conference call, writer Mark Waid, artist Leinil Yu and editor John Moisan brings the details on "Indestructible Hulk" and what the future holds for the Jade Giant in Marvel NOW! CBR is on hand LIVE.

Full article here.

Art's nice!

BANNED

DEAR Walt please PLEASE just retire, you had a great run, you did one of the best thor runs EVER! but seriously your recent art is just Terrible and i HATE saying this as im a artist also, but please just stop

Sucks I have to wait for a trade because it sounds like the first year is going to be a lot of fun.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I do hope Waid does reference the previous times Hulk and Daredevil "teamed up" in the past.

This does seem a bit interesting and it make me curious as of what will happen when it comes to the new Secret Avengers title as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    DEAR Walt please PLEASE just retire, you had a great run, you did one of the best thor runs EVER! but seriously your recent art is just Terrible and i HATE saying this as im a artist also, but please just stop
    Or, you could just stop.

Seriously man, sorry - but I kind of have to say: How dare you?

The very body of work that you mention gives him every reason to keep being doing work, never mind that someone may (gasp) disagree with you.

Almost everything about this book sounds/looks awesome, but I really don't like the title and I'm hating Hulk's robotic-looking shorts. Everything else is just peachy, though!

I've never been much of a Hulk fan but after reading this article, I just got more excited about reading this book.
    Mark Waid never dissapoints. As far as the Simonson cover, I can't get enough Walt, keep em coming!!!
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!!

Yeah. Usually I don't go with the "retire" thing but I do agree. I miss Walt from the Thor or Fantastic Four days. His stuff lately is sad to look at. At least John Byrne is still respectable and resembles his other works (though I think he needs a good inker like a Terry Austin type) but Walt's art comes off so badly lately that I don't think a great inker would save it. The inks here are way too thick, but even so I don't imagine how this cover would look that good. I feel sad looking at this. Not to offend. I loved Walt's work back in the day.

Walt needs the money bub, no reason to hate on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzy Pretzelpants View Post
    Or, you could just stop.

Seriously man, sorry - but I kind of have to say: How dare you?

The very body of work that you mention gives him every reason to keep being doing work, never mind that someone may (gasp) disagree with you.
    uhh, no hes's right, his art has been pretty terrible
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I don't like the whole "Hulk is a problem to be managed" approach. I thought we got over that whole thing with Pak's run with the Hulk and Banner being two sides of the same coin. As long as a non-dumb Hulk is steering while they're in Hulk form, I'll be satisfied though. Art looks great and Hulk as an agent of SHIELD seems like fun. Hulk is just the guy to put Maria Hill in her place.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Walt needs the money bub, no reason to hate on him.
    This. Most of us can only hope that a company wants us around when we're old.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I don't like the whole "Hulk is a problem to be managed" approach. I thought we got over that whole thing with Pak's run with the Hulk and Banner being two sides of the same coin. As long as a non-dumb Hulk is steering while they're in Hulk form, I'll be satisfied though. Art looks great and Hulk as an agent of SHIELD seems like fun. Hulk is just the guy to put Maria Hill in her place.
    The last relaunch put them at odds in the beginning IIRC.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I feel like Walt's art would look better with older colours, it's old-school, it's needs old-school colour