Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default HEAVY METAL issue 259

    The latest issue of HEAVY METAL, issue 259, will be out on Wednesday!

    Dave Wilkins, Sami Basri, Andy Kuhn, Tom Raney, Ron Marz. Toby Cypress, Sunny Gho, Garrie Gastonny, Sakti Yuwono, Kendrick Lim, Jessica Kholinne, Mark A Nelson, Alex Horley and Dave Elliott all contribute to this special MONSTER MASSACRE special.

    The ball bursting excitement couldn't be contained in just one issue! Keep a watch out for December's issue 260 as the massacre continues...

    If you want to get a taste of what you're missing, check out our MONSTER MASSACRE Keenspot page;

    http://monstermassacre.keenspot.com/d/20120319.html

    And catch up with what we're doing next year at ATOMEKA here;

    http://www.facebook.com/AtomekaPress

    Yours,

    Dave

  2. #2
    I am the law. PsychoGoatee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mega-City One, USA
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Interesting. It looks like this Mutant Massacre is a webcomic reprinting or expanding on the 90s Sharky comic? Then a couple other comics with animals, Winding Willows etc. Is this special mostly reprinting that content?

    Also what're Sami Basri and Ron Marz up to?
    DROKK IT!!

  3. #3
    The Silly Symbiote! Spectral Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Curious:

    How do folks who read Heavy Metal think Kevin Eastman has handled the book?

    From what I've read, it seems like the guy was pretty much hands-on running the show mostly by himself until Viacom bought the Turtles IP from Laird, then he started getting more involved with Turtles again.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Interesting. It looks like this Monster Massacre is a webcomic reprinting or expanding on the 90s Sharky comic? Then a couple other comics with animals, Weirding Willows etc. Is this special mostly reprinting that content?
    Keenspot.com is a web based publisher. The comics are free but there are links to where you can buy the physical or digital comics. SHARKY is up there because I want to get the character back out there and do some new stories. The first new story is in this issue of Heavy Metal where he teams up with Mr Monster and El Zombo. I had a blast writing the story for Dave Wilkins to draw.

    Monster Massacre is going to be an annual anthology next year, published by Titan Books. It will contain some of the stories from this issue and next issue (260 on sale December) as well as a lot of new stories. I've put some of them on the free Monster Massacre web comic so that people can get a free taste of what is in store for 2013 and beyond. Weirding Willows will be a regular strip in the new monthly A1 comic launching in June.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Also what're Sami Basri and Ron Marz up to?
    Ron Marz just had the first collection of SHINKU come out from Image Comics. For Monster Massacre he and Tom Raney are doing their own creator owned strip called "Rogues".

    Sami Basri has done two Weirding Willows stories, one for each of these Heavy Metal specials and will be seen very shortly on a new title.

    For updates check us out on Facebook here; http://www.facebook.com/AtomekaPress
    On Twitter we are here; @Atomeka_Press and @DeevElliott
    On DeviantART; http://deevelliott.deviantart.com/

    Yours,

    - Dave

  5. #5
    Hardcover addict dupont2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateVenom View Post
    Curious:

    How do folks who read Heavy Metal think Kevin Eastman has handled the book?

    From what I've read, it seems like the guy was pretty much hands-on running the show mostly by himself until Viacom bought the Turtles IP from Laird, then he started getting more involved with Turtles again.
    I haven't read a recent issue, but I have read plenty since he took over. It's pretty much the same as it's always been. It even reruns some classic stories here and there. I think it's a great deal, the best deal in comics actually. Only reason I"m not subscribed is I don't think I would be able to keep up with that, the few other moderns I read, and all the classic comics I'm reading through.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

  6. #6

    Default

    Give these strips a read and let me know what you think...

    http://monstermassacre.keenspot.com/d/20120319.html

    Yours,

    - Dave

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    I haven't read a recent issue, but I have read plenty since he took over. It's pretty much the same as it's always been. It even reruns some classic stories here and there. I think it's a great deal, the best deal in comics actually. Only reason I"m not subscribed is I don't think I would be able to keep up with that, the few other moderns I read, and all the classic comics I'm reading through.
    You're not subscribed? HEAVY METAL is only six issues a year. DC Comics expects you to keep up with 52 comics a month! And it's pretty much half price if you subscribe. Buy 3 get 3 free!

    :-D

  8. #8

    Default

    I hope everyone's had a chance to see issue 259 of HEAVY METAL and to let you know that issue 260 will be out in a month and we're hard at work on issue 261 now.

    Have a great weekend.

    - Dave

  9. #9
    I am the law. PsychoGoatee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mega-City One, USA
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Elliott View Post
    Monster Massacre is going to be an annual anthology next year, published by Titan Books. It will contain some of the stories from this issue and next issue (260 on sale December) as well as a lot of new stories. I've put some of them on the free Monster Massacre web comic so that people can get a free taste of what is in store for 2013 and beyond. Weirding Willows will be a regular strip in the new monthly A1 comic launching in June.

    Ron Marz just had the first collection of SHINKU come out from Image Comics. For Monster Massacre he and Tom Raney are doing their own creator owned strip called "Rogues".
    Rogues is only going to appear annually? That seems like a slow schedule. How many pages are each installment?

    Personally, I've always been somewhat curious about Heavy Metal, looked at previews etc but never found it up my alley enough to hop on. Though I do love Bisley/Mendheim's Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse trilogy they just published, and a few other graphic novels they've done.

    Pretty much, if say Rogues has enough material for it's own graphic novel some day, I'll check it out. Still, good luck with your projects there.
    DROKK IT!!

  10. #10
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Elliott View Post
    You're not subscribed? HEAVY METAL is only six issues a year. DC Comics expects you to keep up with 52 comics a month! And it's pretty much half price if you subscribe. Buy 3 get 3 free!

    :-D
    I don't think anyone is forced to read and follow everything DC puts out. Unless they are completely DC fanatics and wanna get every monthly.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •