Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hacman00 View Post
    Unlike you, people are willing to buy into Cassady's company just because he works there.

Let's not diminish the fact that not just anyone can be pulled off the street with Cassady's talent and name recognition.
    Yeah, plus, it seems clear he needs 6 or 7 weeks per issue- if this was a case of Marvel knowing this and planning poorly, then they only got themselves to blame.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Marvel Eventually!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, plus, it seems clear he needs 6 or 7 weeks per issue- if this was a case of Marvel knowing this and planning poorly, then they only got themselves to blame.
    It's probably more like they figured most people who they hooked onto the title aren't going to drop it immediately because of delays, especially after just one issue, so they solicited future issues with dates they knew they couldn't hit.

Veteran Member

Why is it just this book and not any other?

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Marvel Eventually!
    LOL........

If the artist needs more than five weeks, they should have given John a much longer lead in time given the history of delays he has with Marvel titles. Either that or use a different book to launch Marvel Now.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Why is it just this book and not any other?

To be kind of fair, we're only just now getting a bulk of Marvel NOW titles after this past week and next week....if there are going to be delays on other books, I'd expect that news to come next month or so.

Having said that, I seriously doubt any of the other books are going to go through any delays, much less three.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I very much doubt that they expected the title to sell as much as both Avengers and X-Men combined. But they likely did expect it to sell well, and it did.
    Except it is being sold to shops for pennies on the dollar. Hundreds of unsold companies in shops in my area.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    LOL........

If the artist needs more than five weeks, they should have given John a much longer lead in time given the history of delays he has with Marvel titles. Either that or use a different book to launch Marvel Now.
    This. DC gave Jim Lee enough lead in time to get JL issues drawn. I do not know why Marvel did not give Cassady enough lead in time but its their fault.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    It's probably more like they figured most people who they hooked onto the title aren't going to drop it immediately because of delays, especially after just one issue, so they solicited future issues with dates they knew they couldn't hit.
    It's possible, but I think they overestimated people's interest in this, as well as the quality of both Remender's writing and Cassaday's art, both very below what they were able to achieve in the past, IMO.

Also, there are many other books with Thor, Cap and Wolverine, no one but Remender cares all that much for Havok, and Wanda is a character that a good part of the intended readership hates.

They also certainly thought Wanda and the Avengers would come off a lot better from AvX than they did, and Scott a lot worse (which explains why you have not one, but two anti-Cyclops rants in the first issue), despite statements saying otherwise.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Aren't the delays a extra two weeks ? Still it's a shame it's been delayed from its original date I was expecting some type of delay knowing the delays with Astonishing X-men but I also expected at least a couple issues worth of lead in time. Anyway I never figured Cassaday to stay on this book past the first arc so get a great artist roster who can be on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's possible, but I think they overestimated people's interest in this, as well as the quality of both Remender's writing and Cassaday's art, both very below what they were able to achieve in the past, IMO.

Also, there are many other books with Thor, Cap and Wolverine, no one but Remender cares all that much for Havok, and Wanda is a character that a good part of the intended readership hates.

They also certainly thought Wanda and the Avengers would come off a lot better from AvX than they did, and Scott a lot worse (which explains why you have not one, but two anti-Cyclops rants in the first issue), despite statements saying otherwise.
    That' a very narrow minded assessment.

I'm on board with this primarily for Alex and Wanda. They're both characters I full love. Steve too, but the delays here won't keep me from seeing him every month.

I think the AvX ended with fans on both sides of the fight seeing what they needed to see. It was a clear victory for....whomever you were rooting for.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by rastafarian42 View Post
    Aren't the delays a extra two weeks ? Still it's a shame it's been delayed from its original date I was expecting some type of delay knowing the delays with Astonishing X-men but I also expected at least a couple issues worth of lead in time. Anyway I never figured Cassaday to stay on this book past the first arc so get a great artist roster who can be on time.
    If you were paying attention,the 2 week delay was for issue #2.Issue #3 has been bumped until January.(yep,no issue in December!)Issue #4 has been bumped until Febuary... : (

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    That' a very narrow minded assessment.

I'm on board with this primarily for Alex and Wanda. They're both characters I full love. Steve too, but the delays here won't keep me from seeing him every month.

I think the AvX ended with fans on both sides of the fight seeing what they needed to see. It was a clear victory for....whomever you were rooting for.
    Me,I'm on board for Rogue.Since now there is no place for her in the X-Books after 30 years...

damn... (10 chars)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Me,I'm on board for Rogue.Since now there is no place for her in the X-Books after 30 years...
    Which sucks, I'd imagine.

Wanda and Alex have been gone for so long though. Up until Children's Crusade, she was just...gone. Mentioned often, but gone. Children's Crusade was awesome, but sloooowww in coming. And now again.

Alex and Lorna finally hopped back into the MU proper this year too. Then, this book's existence dictated that they needed to break up (I'm imagining Remender had no interest in writing Lorna?), and pulled Alex from a book that double ships every other month to....whenever the hell this is going to ship.

So, having just slogged through a four issue Rouge vs the Borg Queem snore fest, you'll understand that I'm not quite missing her yet. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.