Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    On the upside, though, at least no one can slag UA for double-shipping and unfairly taxing your wallet.
    That should be in the next solicit: Uncanny Avengers: The anti-double shipping book!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Remender was doing X-force and Secret Avengers at the same time and they were never delayed,I am just saying
    And for some of that he was also doing Venom. And at least one of those books double shipped every month, so he was doing the equivalent of 4 or more monthlies, without any delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    So 3 is delayed now-- is that what I'm reading? Has 2 slipped further as well?
    I think #2 is still scheduled for the end of the month.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Honestly I kind of saw this coming with UA #3. If #2 was being delayed, most likely #3 was going to be as well too.

I Agree and posted in this forum before that it was disappointed in the delay as well, it is upsetting. But until I know really why it was delay, I will not make a judgement on the industry for this delay. If it was a family, personal or something else along those lines then I am willing to cut some slack. If it is short shortsightedness, laziness or something along those lines then I am not going to cut some slack.

Will this make me Drop the Book though?: Not at All!

The Book is really good and well drawn, there are other things in life to get upset about that are way, way, way more important. A book this good and the First Book with Wanda, Scarlet Witch back in it is Worth waiting for. So I will support it, even with the delay and hope the Bugs are worked out in the end.

"While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I get that Cassady is a slow artist, but is he really THAT slow? Marvel should just take him off if it's going to cause that much of a problem.

They should have Cassady split the book with Mayhew or something.

Or bring in someone to exclusively do the background work, like Norton apparently does for McKelvie.
    Mike Mayhew would make for a great alternating artist given that his style, while more realistic, would work well with Cassaday's.

It's a shame to hear about the delays but given the sales draw of this book so far it's hard to say whether the delays will affect the book all that much with how well titles like Astonishing X-Men and Children's Crusade still sold despite the delays. Granted, there were pretty big sales slides towards the end of CC in the Diamond estimates charts but I think it still sold well overall.

One thing which will be interesting is how the delays will affect the book's performance compared to the more frequently shipped Avengers books like Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers so it's very possible that the timeliness of those two books will cause those two to overtake Uncanny Avengers and could maybe even push that book further down.

Really?! I thought for a minute, looking at the heavy launch list for next week, that #2 might have been delayed to get people to try some of the new titles.

Issue three is delayed as well though? I'm not happy. This is the book I'm most excited for in the entire 'NOW!' initiative. This news is annoying in ways that nothing else in comics could be.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Don't know why people are complaining about the delays. They had to beg Cassaday to draw this book and he probably warned them about the delays but they really wanted to repeat AXM. Too bad this isn't Astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    Mike Mayhew would make for a great alternating artist given that his style, while more realistic, would work well with Cassaday's.

It's a shame to hear about the delays but given the sales draw of this book so far it's hard to say whether the delays will affect the book all that much with how well titles like Astonishing X-Men and Children's Crusade still sold despite the delays. Granted, there were pretty big sales slides towards the end of CC in the Diamond estimates charts but I think it still sold well overall.

One thing which will be interesting is how the delays will affect the book's performance compared to the more frequently shipped Avengers books like Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers so it's very possible that the timeliness of those two books will cause those two to overtake Uncanny Avengers and could maybe even push that book further down.
    So...anybody want to make book on whose story arc will finish first.....Frank Cho with the Wolverine story or the first 10 Cassady issues...I say even money on both...you'll be lucky to get 6 issues in a calendar year.
    Piers Morgan: another liberal douschebag bites the dust.
    Do us all a favor and mean it this time Mr. Baldwin.
    Tired of tolerating.

Personally I never thought Cassidys' stuff was all that great. Not bad by any means... but he doesn't fall under the "worth the wait" category in my book at least.

I'm pretty sure Uncanny Avengers is going to sell well no matter what, so if he can't handle the monthly grind I'd prefer it if the handed the art responsibilities to someone that could. Obviously if it's an important book it shouldn't be drawn by someone they just found off the street or something... but I'm sure they could find someone suitable for the task.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-10-2012 at 06:15 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Don't know why people are complaining about the delays. They had to beg Cassaday to draw this book and he probably warned them about the delays but they really wanted to repeat AXM. Too bad this isn't Astonishing.
    Frankly, Cassaday is not an artist that anyone should be begging to do anything. He's not that good. He should be begging them for work.

The problem with delays is that it corrupts other stories being told by other writers. Look at Astonishing X-Men. Hmm... that was Cassaday too. Coincidence? Nah.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Personally I never thought Cassidys' stuff was all that great. Not bad by any means... but he doesn't fall under the "worth the wait" category in my book at least.

I'm pretty sure Uncanny Avengers is going to sell well no matter what, so if he can't handle the monthly grind I'd prefer it if the handed the art responsibilities to someone that could. Obviously if it's an important book it would be drawn by someone they just found off the street or something... but I'm sure they could find someone suitable for the task.
    or at least be honest about the work load and establish a rotation to ensure the deadlines are met. Only comics.
    Tired of tolerating.

If a book comes out late, why shouldn't readers be complaining?

It's not like we personally asked him to draw the book, nor did he warn us at least that there would be delays. If he did in fact warm marvel (something I doubt any of us know for a fact one way or the other), then you can certainly argue they don't have a right to complain. But readers aren't in that same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Frankly, Cassaday is not an artist that anyone should be begging to do anything. He's not that good. He should be begging them for work.

The problem with delays is that it corrupts other stories being told by other writers. Look at Astonishing X-Men. Hmm... that was Cassaday too. Coincidence? Nah.
    Frank Quitely continues to work...
    Tired of tolerating.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If a book comes out late, why shouldn't readers be complaining?

It's not like we personally asked him to draw the book, nor did he warn us at least that there would be delays. If he did in fact warm marvel (something I doubt any of us know for a fact one way or the other), then you can certainly argue they don't have a right to complain. But readers aren't in that same boat.
    I remember a recent interview where Alonso said they wanted Cassaday to draw it. And they mentioned his schedule and stuff and that he's a busy man but they really wanted him to draw it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post

To a degree though, I think Astonishing was kind of doing it's own thing. It was somewhat self contained. It wasn't like Frank Cho's Mighty Avengers book, which was significantly died to New Avengers and to a lesser degree he entire MU line.

I'm assuming though that Uncanny Avengers is actually going to be an important book in Marvel Now, so it might be more of a problem. Right now in the least a good portion of the Marvel Now books haven't even come out yet so it still might not be that huge a deal. But I would imagine this isn't something they want happening regularly once things really get rolling.

I remember a recent interview where Alonso said they wanted Cassaday to draw it. And they mentioned his schedule and stuff and that he's a busy man but they really wanted him to draw it.
    Which is all well and good, but it doesn't address the fact that I, as a fan, just really want to read these stories.

I'd take substandard art at this point if it meant getting on time chapters of this particular book.

At this rate we'll be skipping entire months, which is going to afffect the quailty of the narrative (as there will undoubtably by sync issues with events and such).

This, as is it stands, is just unacceptable.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Which is all well and good, but it doesn't address the fact that I, as a fan, just really want to read these stories.

I'd take substandard art at this point if it meant getting on time chapters of this particular book.

At this rate we'll be skipping entire months, which is going to afffect the quailty of the narrative (as there will undoubtably by synch issues with events and such).

This, as is it stands, is just unacceptable.
    If anything Uncanny Avengers is going to be self-contained just like Astonishing X-Men which is why the put Cassaday on the book in the first place. Also, the artist is just as invovled in the telling of the story as the writer which is why they chose Cassaday in the first place. He gets across subtle things really well, which you'll only notice at the end of the story. They're not stupid, they were aware about the delays but Avengers is your tv series Avengers book and Uncanny Avengers is like a blockbuster movie. Or at least that's what they want or what they thought with UXM and AXM.