Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    what a mess! some flagship!
    The flagship is starting to look like the Titanic:Sinking on it's maiden voyage because it hit an iceberg!

Quite the black eye. One thing DC has excelled at, and I think has really helped keep people coming back to the top books, is keeping a regular schedule. This is just not good. Imagine if JL had delays like this to start off with the first few issues. DC woulda been crucified.

Not sure why people that hated the first issue are mad about it being delayed

But yeah, Cassaday....come on bruh

Quote Originally Posted by jazz41 View Post
    Quite the black eye. One thing DC has excelled at, and I think has really helped keep people coming back to the top books, is keeping a regular schedule. This is just not good. Imagine if JL had delays like this to start off with the first few issues. DC woulda been crucified.
    I think that's very true and even then, DC still gets a lot of flak for this and that. With Marvel, they used to be so much better than this. It's truly disappointing.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

I get that Cassady is a slow artist, but is he really THAT slow? Marvel should just take him off if it's going to cause that much of a problem.

They should have Cassady split the book with Mayhew or something.

Or bring in someone to exclusively do the background work, like Norton apparently does for McKelvie.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...anny-avengers/

Looks like issue # 3 got delayed

This is ridiculous This shouldn't be happeing with their "flagship" title & really I don't see how anyone can jump to defend Marvel at this point anymore. I mean if there's some type of family emgergency involved as to why this keeps happening then I understand but if Cassady is just being slow this is bs and he never should've been assigned to this.
    This is just freakin' sad now. Say what you want about Jim Lee, but at least he got the first six issues out, ON TIME, before bailing the flagship.

I'm sorry, I think Marvel is just gonna have to take Cassaday off this book. By the time the sixth issue hits, we'll be in in the second half of 2013 at this rate.

I love Cassaday but I have to agree, with the second and now third issues delayed, Marvel needs to pull the plug and get someone else on here asap. They can do their usual "Oh he was just for the first 3 issues all the time" thing if they want (even though they said creative teams were on for the long haul).

Bring in Opena, Coipel or Mark Brooks (who has been doing some stunning stuff lately). Just don't let this book become Astonishing X-Men part 2.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!!

contrary to popular belief, cassaday isn't that slow of an artist. planetary delays were down to ellis, and astonishing was down to wheedon.

don't be suprised if this is remender, not cassaday.

Quote Originally Posted by rZi View Post
    contrary to popular belief, cassaday isn't that slow of an artist. planetary delays were down to ellis, and astonishing was down to wheedon.

I would entertain that idea of course but Remender does not have a history of late shipping at all. I am not saying Whedon and Ellis weren't to blame, but what's the common thread between all three scenarios. If it's not Cassaday then he is the unluckiest man in comics.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!!

i wouldn't be surprised if Cassaday was replaced after the first arc concludes.

Quote Originally Posted by rZi View Post

Remender was doing X-force and Secret Avengers at the same time and they were never delayed,I am just saying

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

I agree with those who say that Cassaday needs to be replaced. There's just no excuse for there to be this many delays this early on the series with a monthly release schedule. It'd be one thing if it was bi-weekly but there's only one issue a month. While I'm certainly not gonna drop the book, Marvel better get their act together soon because fan loyalists aren't gonna be able to be able to support the book if the delays make everyone else drop it.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

So 3 is delayed now-- is that what I'm reading? Has 2 slipped further as well?

This is crazy! Part of the problem will also be that the book won't escape it's hype and events may be referenced in other books before UA gets the chance to pull the trigger on them. It's crazy.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    So 3 is delayed now-- is that what I'm reading? Has 2 slipped further as well?

This is crazy! Part of the problem will also be that the book won't escape it's hype and events may be referenced in other books before UA gets the chance to pull the trigger on them. It's crazy.
    What's even worse is, this isn't some event book or a mini, it's an ongoing. They can't have this kind of delays happening otherwise it's gonna completely kill sales.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I still wish we knew the reason for the delays. At least for some peace of mind.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus