Page 1 of 247 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Idea: Trading Digital Codes?

Well, I'll start with introducing myself. I have been a regular reader of the forums for some months now and finally decided to sign up. I'm mainly a Marvel fan.

I have an idea. Why don't we all trade our digital codes that many of us never use? I think many people would enjoy this and it would allow us to read titles that we otherwise couldn't afford.

Notice: Non-Marvel trading must be discussed in PMs
    Notice #2: No selling codes for money/paypal (strictly prohibited) /non-comics (physical comics should be okay, but ask the mods).
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    received a code from Punisher, worked and fully legit, many thanks.
    5/5 feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    I got it from punisher97, so I just answered with "a friend," but I think the point was that you could name your LCS for them to get their credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by will_butler View Post
    Probably goes without saying, but I just wrapped up a trade with punisher97 and all went really smoothly. Highly recommended trader.
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher97 View Post
    Yes, the trade went very smoothly and I plan to do business with Will again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Just traded AVX Consequences #1 for Wolverine & The X-Men #19. Successful trade on my end. Haven't heard back from punisher yet.

I have successfully traded with:
    Xarcon- great trader, no problems
    Klinton- very generous, no problems
    will_butler- very generous, fast trade
    Trey- very fast, no problems
    SediarSago- very fast, no problems
    DebkoX- great trader, no problems
    Phelpzy- great trader, no problems
    Camoweeks- great trader, no problems
    devinofthedead- great trader, no problems
    PandemicF- great trader, no problems
    604comics- great trader, fast trade

Some people here have been trading Comixology gifts for codes. It seems ok with me, but ultimately it's up to the mods. Here's a tutorial by Rheged:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You have to decide with your trading partner, what specific comic you would like gifted. For instance, if you wanted SPIDER-MEN #1 off my list, and I wanted CHILDRENS CRUSADE #1 gifted to me in exchange (at only .99 in the Big Sale!).

You'd go to Comixology, find CHILDRENS CRUSADE, and then instead of clicking on 'buy' you would click on the little gift box next to 'buy.' And then proceed to check out. When I log onto Comixology next, CHILDRENS CRUSADE #1 would be in My Comics, ready to read.

There's more detailed instructions on the Comixology blog here:

http://blog.comixology.com/2012/12/0...ifting-comics/
    Last edited by punisher97; 03-06-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: size

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I like the idea. How do you propose we determine who sends the code first? I'm sure most of the people on here are trustworthy, but you never know. What about if the person with the lower post count has to send the code first? We should figure something out.

Anyway, here's what I have (as of Oct. 29):

Minimum Carnage: Alpha #1
    Uncanny X-Force #26-30
    Wolverine & the X-Men #15-18
    X-Men #31-37

I'm looking for (in order of preference):

Ultimate X-Men #18+ (when they come out)
    Last edited by Xarcon; 10-29-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    How do you propose we determine who sends the code first? I'm sure most of the people on here are trustworthy, but you never know. What about if the person with the lower post count has to send the code first? We should figure something out.
    I think this might be where the mods might take issue with this. It then invariably becomes thier problem at some point when a trade goes sour.

I don't think they want to police a swap meet when keeping our attitudes in check is already a full time job. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Yeah, it kind of depends on how you handle it. IRL trading with friends or just giving a code to someone online is something but organizing a kind of swap system where everyone ends up satisfied is another. Keeping it as casual as possible would be for the best.

I do like the fact that the codes allow for the possibility though.

To be fair, I've given some of my codes to friends who want to start getting into comics, but who don't know what to get. I'm not going to give them all the codes or sell them to them, but I think a code here or there to get people into comics is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair, I've given some of my codes to friends who want to start getting into comics, but who don't know what to get. I'm not going to give them all the codes or sell them to them, but I think a code here or there to get people into comics is a good idea.
    It totally is. Giving codes to get someone into comics or heck even just to a friend who can't afford the book is awesome.

Swaps can get unneededly nasty some times is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It totally is. Giving codes to get someone into comics or heck even just to a friend who can't afford the book is awesome.

Swaps can get unneededly nasty some times is all.
    That is the nice things about the codes, that we can give them away and let others enjoy them without giving our precious comics away.

I can see swapping codes, especially over the internet, getting pretty ugly fast. People getting upset if the code doesn't work, someone giving out fake codes, people selling the codes at reduced prices...Yep, best to keep these things simple.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

trust.. its given and earned

i have avengers 28
    iron man 521

seems like i had a third, but cant remember at this time

id gladdy trade both for anyone book i dont have.... and ill show you mine first

I have trust in people, hopefully there are no leeches on this.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

There is a trading thread in the community section where people already do this.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PandemicF View Post
    There is a trading thread in the community section where people already do this.

ive seen that thread.. they mostly trade physical items though

Xarcon, what do you want of mine for X-men #30-37? Soon I'll have pm access so we can trade.

Great idea. I never use my digital codes. So would be good for someone to get some use from them.
    I know for a fact I have these:

Uncanny Avengers #1
    Red She-Hulk #58
    Wolverine & The X-Men #15 - #18
    Daredevil: End of Days #1
    Daredevil #16-19

Looking for any recent deadpools.

Got no beef sending my code first due to my low post count!

Quote Originally Posted by tonythelion View Post
    Great idea. I never use my digital codes. So would be good for someone to get some use from them.
    I know for a fact I have these:

Uncanny Avengers #1
    Red She-Hulk #58
    Wolverine & The X-Men #15 - #18
    Daredevil: End of Days #1
    Daredevil #16-19

Looking for any recent deadpools.

Got no beef sending my code first due to my low post count!
    I don't think Daredevil comes with codes. If Red She-Hulk does, what of mine do you want for it?

I know this sounds scrounge but has anyone got any free ones? I've never bought a comic with the free digital version. If so please private message, it's great that you get free digital comics with the physical ones for just a little more.
    Thanks.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”