Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    The X Men have been divided into two groups. The 'good guys' are those affiliated with the Avengers, who work for the noble law. The 'bad guys' are like Cyclops and his team, who are evil because they oppose the noble law. In short one of the most complex comic book franchises ever written have become over simplified. Good people DO NOT oppose the Government and what it stands for. Some fans are cool with this. As someone who's been let down by every politician she was stupid enought to vote for, I can't stomach seeing my favourite characters working for a bunch of state sponsored control freaks. My affection for X Men is over, but it's for purely personal reasons. For others it's the best thing that's ever happened to them.
    Are they at an all time low?
    It's a matter of taste simple as that.

It's all a matter of taste, simple as that.
    Wait a minute, you're a woman ?

Anyway, yo can't except more for comics book nowaday since because of our actual system all that matter is making money. Therefore, they don't acre about anything else than selling books for making money. Sadly, money is everything in our current society.

For X-Men themselves, yes it's a low point for them; for X-Men comics and fans I doubt.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

It has been a few years since the X-books were this bad as a whole.

Regrettably, it looks to me like it's only going to get worse and stay that way for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    The X Men have been divided into two groups. The 'good guys' are those affiliated with the Avengers, who work for the noble law. The 'bad guys' are like Cyclops and his team, who are evil because they oppose the noble law. In short one of the most complex comic book franchises ever written have become over simplified. Good people DO NOT oppose the Government and what it stands for. Some fans are cool with this. As someone who's been let down by every politician she was stupid enought to vote for, I can't stomach seeing my favourite characters working for a bunch of state sponsored control freaks. My affection for X Men is over, but it's for purely personal reasons. For others it's the best thing that's ever happened to them.
    Are they at an all time low?
    It's a matter of taste simple as that.
    Good people DO NOT oppose the government? Does that make G. Washington and S. Boilivar bad people Or how about Harriet Tubman. Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela? Good people are supposed to oppose the government when it acts evilly, Try reading the Declaration of Independence you only have to read the first paragraph. The MU government is not like ours it tends towards the malignant and bigotry is part of MU law.

I think you are confusing what good means, if it means sheepish obedience to peole that hate you then you have it right,
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Read her post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayiteb View Post
    Lol it's Wanda's fault doom had the life force, and it's Wanda's fault that Cassie's father died hence Cassie fighting for him. And it's Wanda's fault the mutants were decimated leading to this situation in the first place. Everything is kinda Wanda's fault.
    That's funny, I thought I remembered Patriot butting in when they tried to repower the Life Force within her, causing her to lose her concentration knocking the Life Force into Doom.

Good books:

(1) Uncanny Avengers
    (2) x-factor
    (3) Prob UXF
    (4) ANXM
    (5) Prob UXM

That's not so bad.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    Good books:

(1) Uncanny Avengers
    (2) x-factor
    (3) Prob UXF
    (4) ANXM
    (5) Prob UXM

That's not so bad.
    Not bad at all, IMO.

Gambit's also pretty good, judging by the previews.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

BANNED

I'm sad to Gillin away form the X-men but I like where the X-books are right now. I've been a bit disappointed with Gillen leaving. Cable and X-force has been disappointing and I don't read Wolverine and the X-men, but I'm really liking Uncanny X-men and All-New X-men. Really looking forward to Uncanny X-men as well. Thematically I just really like the X-men right now. Revolutionary X-men is a great continuing point after near extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    I'm sad to Gillin away form the X-men but I like where the X-books are right now. I've been a bit disappointed with Gillen leaving. Cable and X-force has been disappointing and I don't read Wolverine and the X-men, but I'm really liking Uncanny X-men and All-New X-men. Really looking forward to Uncanny X-men as well. Thematically I just really like the X-men right now. Revolutionary X-men is a great continuing point after near extinction.
    Much to my surprise and delight Bendis is doing a great job with ANXM
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Much to my surprise and delight Bendis is doing a great job with ANXM
    Yeah he is. Although I think it's kinda hard to tell a bad story when Cyclops is one of your driving characters.

I like ANX, Uncanny Avengers, Cable and X-Force, and Gambit. I'm looking forward to Uncanny X-Force v2 and Uncanny X-men. I might start reading Adjectiveless X-men again. This doesn't feel like a low point to me.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    Wait a minute, you're a woman ?

Anyway, yo can't except more for comics book nowaday since because of our actual system all that matter is making money. Therefore, they don't acre about anything else than selling books for making money. Sadly, money is everything in our current society.
    C'est une gonzesse, et alors?
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    The darkest hour is nearest the dawn.
    This dark hour has been going on 8+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    This dark hour has been going on 8+ years
    I'm afraid that the X Men aren't so much at an all time low as essentially at an end. Despite so many titles with 'X' in them. The 'regular' X Men have become assimilated into the Avengers; the others are presented as the villains - why else would their former team mates be hunting them down. The JGI is not the Xavier School. The Xavier School wasn't under the thumb of a government sanctioned 'superhero' team.

I very much doubt seeing any of this change in the near future as this is exactly what Marvel's current bosses want.