View Poll Results: Who or a what is Iron Patriot?

Voters
65. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Tony Stark (Iron Man RePaint)

    18 27.69%
  • Anthony (Using an Avatar)

    8 12.31%
  • President Cap

    15 23.08%
  • Nick Fury

    2 3.08%
  • James Rhodes

    8 12.31%
  • SHIELD Director Monica Chang

    3 4.62%
  • Thor

    1 1.54%
  • Debut of Ultimate Coleson

    5 7.69%
  • Hawkeye

    0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

    5 7.69%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62
  1. #46
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Rhodes since the suit is in Iron Man 3

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    I think I've worked out who Iron Patriot is.

    Gregory Stark was a founding member of the Kratos Club, right? He was also the one who got rid of Tony's tumour.

    I believe.. he then implanted Anthony.

    Anthony is Iron Patriot. I'm almost sure of it. In UC: The Ultimates #14 he was saying how badly he wanted to suit up, hinting that he had a suit of his own. Anthony isn't a magical tumor that talks to Tony but a weapon that will eventually be used against him. The conflict with the Kratos Club has only just begun and soon they will strike.

    Further speculation: Humphries said that now that the Iron Patriot has been ultimatized, perhaps the UU won't have an Iron Man anymore. At first I thought this meant Tony Stark was going to ditch his Iron Man suit for the Iron Patriot one. But of course, things can't be that simple, can they? I believe Anthony will kill Tony and then take over the Iron Patriot. Then Cap will fight Iron Patriot. And then at the end of the arc Tony's consciousness enters the Iron Patriot suit and thus permanently becomes it. Tony Stark, a living armour.

  3. #48
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain France View Post
    Ok, I think I found who is in the armor : Major John Walker (appeared in UCXM #9-10-11).

    He is US Agent in the 616, but here, he will be Iron Patriot.
    I'm leaning more and more towards this theory. Since we now know what exactly Reservation X is and how Iron Patriot is in an upcoming issue confronting the mutants and he has a squadron following him, I would think that John Walker now has a hate-on for mutants and is using his newly appointed armor to harass, intimidate or even harm the mutants on the reservation. The soldier that placed the mutants in the desert said that just outside of the reservation was a military base that was charged with protecting the sovereign land, and I have a feeling that it was John Walker that was reassigned to that post after Camp Angel fell. Now he's going to abuse his power against the mutants and this might be why Iron Patriot fights Cap in an upcoming issue of Ultimates; because Patriot's going directly against his orders and promise of safety to the mutants.

    Also, I think it would be a decent Ultimatization of having John Walker be Iron Patriot in the UU rather than USAgent. It ties him to the theme of america while keeping with an awesome tradition in the UU of having certain characters taking on identities that aren't the same as in 616, like how Ben is now (presumably) Wonderman and how Kitty was Shroud, or even how Banshee was a drug rather than a character. Besides, I like to think that Walker was introduced in the UU for a reason and that the whole Camp Angel scene where Colossus murdered the doctor and Walker mourning him was the opening for a plot rather than just a random scene that will never be addressed again.
    Last edited by Balfro; 11-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  4. #49
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I'm leaning more and more towards this theory. Since we now know what exactly Reservation X is and how Iron Patriot is in an upcoming issue confronting the mutants and he has a squadron following him, I would think that John Walker now has a hate-on for mutants and is using his newly appointed armor to harass, intimidate or even harm the mutants on the reservation. The soldier that placed the mutants in the desert said that just outside of the reservation was a military base that was charged with protecting the sovereign land, and I have a feeling that it was John Walker that was reassigned to that post after Camp Angel fell. Now he's going to abuse his power against the mutants and this might be why Iron Patriot fights Cap in an upcoming issue of Ultimates; because Patriot's going directly against his orders and promise of safety to the mutants.

    Also, I think it would be a decent Ultimatization of having John Walker be Iron Patriot in the UU rather than USAgent. It ties him to the theme of america while keeping with an awesome tradition in the UU of having certain characters taking on identities that aren't the same as in 616, like how Ben is now (presumably) Wonderman and how Kitty was Shroud, or even how Banshee was a drug rather than a character.
    I support this. It sounds like a good idea. Just wondering how he would be able to control the suit. Few people actually know how to use the suit. Well that was before the war-machine brigade.

  5. #50
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I support this. It sounds like a good idea. Just wondering how he would be able to control the suit. Few people actually know how to use the suit. Well that was before the war-machine brigade.
    Well obviously the suit was donated by Tony as a replica (presumably nowhere near as powerful) as his own armor. And he probably made it user-friendly like (how you mentioned) the War Machine Brigade all has armors, not to mention the real War Machine... And the fact that Norman Osborn piloted an armor in 616, and he is a homicidal maniac rather than a trained soldier.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  6. #51
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,890

    Default

    I said it in the previous thread and I stand by it here, I think it's Tony. The armor looks exactly like the one he's currently wearing in his solo book and I just can't see him letting anyone else wear his most recent tech.

  7. #52
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I said it in the previous thread and I stand by it here, I think it's Tony. The armor looks exactly like the one he's currently wearing in his solo book and I just can't see him letting anyone else wear his most recent tech.
    Except that the Iron character shown on the Ultimates cover featuring Scorpio is Iron Man, not Iron Patriot. So unless Tony is switching back and forth they are two different people.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  8. #53
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    I'm going back to my theory that Iron Patriot is Tony Stark. Because Nathon Edmunson is writing the issues with Iron Patriot in Ultimate X-Men.

  9. #54
    New Member Genixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    http://comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=67696
    well, i came across this page..stating that its Tony Stark.

  10. #55

    Default

    Yeah, Ultimates 18.1 seems to indicate that Iron Patriot is Iron Man gone completely off his rocker.

  11. #56

    Default

    If there is any doubt, X-Men #20 clearly shows that Iron Patriot is
    spoilers:
    Tony Stark
    end of spoilers

  12. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    141

    Default

    My question is why would tony stark fly in with a whole bunch of soliders ? Did Mach Two and her little group do something to cause the USA to invade ? It could be Tony but I think Anthony took his little talk with tony to his little binary head.

  13. #58
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebari View Post
    My question is why would tony stark fly in with a whole bunch of soliders ? Did Mach Two and her little group do something to cause the USA to invade ? It could be Tony but I think Anthony took his little talk with tony to his little binary head.
    I haven't read the issue yet, but this preview art shows that Iron Patriot is actually helping the mutants against the soldiers, so my guess is the cover is misleading and the soldiers are actually some sort of Anti-Mutant group and Patriot is there to protect the mutants on their sovereign land.



    This, however, is a huge disappointment... Making Iron Patriot Tony is not a good enough Ultimatization. Back when Iron Patriot first appeared in 616 people automatically assumed it was Tony until it was revealed to be Norman Osborn, so actually making him Tony in the UU is underwhelming. It literally could have been ANYONE else and it would have been a better choice than Tony.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  14. #59
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but this preview art shows that Iron Patriot is actually helping the mutants against the soldiers, so my guess is the cover is misleading and the soldiers are actually some sort of Anti-Mutant group and Patriot is there to protect the mutants on their sovereign land.


    This, however, is a huge disappointment... Making Iron Patriot Tony is not a good enough Ultimatization. Back when Iron Patriot first appeared in 616 people automatically assumed it was Tony until it was revealed to be Norman Osborn, so actually making him Tony in the UU is underwhelming. It literally could have been ANYONE else and it would have been a better choice than Tony.
    Hahahahahaha! read UCXM 20 today.
    spoilers:
    it's not Tony or at least I don't think it is. Most likely it's anthony the tumor
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sage6paths; 12-12-2012 at 08:25 AM.

  15. #60
    New Member Genixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Hahahahahaha! read UCXM 20 today.
    spoilers:
    it's not Tony or at least I don't think it is. Most likely it's anthony the tumor
    end of spoilers
    ugh... that has to be the lamest thing i have seen. there better be a good explination behind that thing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •