Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1461

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    I disagree. The Avengers worked fine without diversity. There's nothing wrong with not having it.

And I don't think anyone at WB cares about the diversity on either team. It's just a movie.
    Yeah, that's all easy to say, if you don't care about diversity in media.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post

No not really, I just don't think it's all that important.
    Last edited by blinker; 01-04-2013 at 02:46 PM.

All this movie needs to do is be the opposite of Avengers, and it'll be my 2nd favorite film (nothing beats LOTR). I second J'onn over Cyborg. MM is infitely cooler than Cyborg. I'm kind of hoping that they don't do Darkseid too. This movie just seems doomed to fail, in my opinion. Critically and financially, it'll do well, but I don't think I could ever love a Justice League movie. I hated Avengers, and WB is going to try to copy off that success, for sure. I just can't see them going grim and gritty, instead we're going to have all these heroes disagree, fight, and then come back together, tell a few jokes, and battle the bad guy for an hour in a CGI orgy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post

No not really, I just don't think it's all that important.
    That makes no sense.

I like Cyborg and J'onn about equally.
    but J'onn would be a harder sell in a movie considering how Disney feels about Mars right now.
    and most of his powers are redundant and would make the budget more expensive where Cyborg would probably be less expensive to pull off.
    Last edited by Sonofspam; 01-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    All this movie needs to do is be the opposite of Avengers, and it'll be my 2nd favorite film (nothing beats LOTR). I second J'onn over Cyborg. MM is infitely cooler than Cyborg. I'm kind of hoping that they don't do Darkseid too. This movie just seems doomed to fail, in my opinion. Critically and financially, it'll do well, but I don't think I could ever love a Justice League movie. I hated Avengers, and WB is going to try to copy off that success, for sure. I just can't see them going grim and gritty, instead we're going to have all these heroes disagree, fight, and then come back together, tell a few jokes, and battle the bad guy for an hour in a CGI orgy.
    See, I loved Avengers. But I can think of nothing more depressing that a Justice League film following in it's footsteps and story beats. I have this horrible fear that we'll be getting Amanda Waller operating under Government Supervision to bring together Earth's Mightiest DC Heroes to help the army fight off a parademon invasion....

I want a JL movie to do something different - and most of all, I want the Heroes to assemble themselves if they don't already know each other. I don't want any kind of DC-SHIELD or DC-Fury involved at all. And if they can avoid an army on alien monsters descending on a city from the sky, that would be great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Diversity is just good business sense.
    And, even Avengers had a POC leading the team, even if it was from the sidelines, in Nick Fury.
    I suspect that will rectified with Avengers 2, to be honest, with a more diverse cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    See, I loved Avengers. But I can think of nothing more depressing that a Justice League film following in it's footsteps and story beats. I have this horrible fear that we'll be getting Amanda Waller operating under Government Supervision to bring together Earth's Mightiest DC Heroes to help the army fight off a parademon invasion....

I want a JL movie to do something different - and most of all, I want the Heroes to assemble themselves if they don't already know each other. I don't want any kind of DC-SHIELD or DC-Fury involved at all. And if they can avoid an army on alien monsters descending on a city from the sky, that would be great as well.
    That'd be great. I don't want a Fury, or an alien invasion. I want actual character development (not character development (if you can call it that) for the sake of covering up plot holes, HULK), and not a CGI orgy. All the character shine. None of the characters are inferior, or "comedic relief". I don't want this movie to be an action comedy like Avengers, I want it to be an action movie. They shouldn't be cracking jokes as they save the world. Or at least, I think they shouldn't.

Cyborg's the redundant one. If you have him as the computer guy, then you leave Batman with nothing to do. Compare the defeats of the invaders on both Prime Earth and Earth-2. Batman creating a virus to shut down everything is going to be a much bigger "F Yeah!" moment for the audience than "The magic computer told me to say Ping." And no doubt the movie will want to glorify Batman as much as possible.

Meanwhile Shapeshifting, Phasing, Mind reading? You can easily fit those iconic powers into the story without stepping on anyone else's toes. Unless it's a tuna whose mind they need to read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ves View Post
    Cyborg's the redundant one. If you have him as the computer guy, then you leave Batman with nothing to do..
    If all Batman can do is play with computers, then he's the redundant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

This! I love Darkseid but I'm worried they're going to use him in the same way Marvel is using Loki/Thanos. As a standard conquer alien invader. With Parademons as a stand in for what ever the hell those other things were. They should have Darkseid as the entity of true evil similar to Final Crisis. Something more cerebral. Possessing humans with the Anti-Life Equation.

Martian Manhunter is awesome but I want Cyborg in the movie. At least show his creation so he can be in the sequel.

BANNED

I wouldn't mind if they took a more political direction without being too heavy handed, like in New Frontier or Dark Knight Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they took a more political direction without being too heavy handed, like in New Frontier or Dark Knight Returns.
    Wait are you saying that New Frontier and DKR are heavy handed or that's what you want them to be like?

Because I really, really want a New Frontier movie, but more focusing on the big dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    If all Batman can do is play with computers, then he's the redundant one.
    No kidding. If all he has are computer skills, then why would he ever leave his giant bat-computer in the cave?

If they went with something resembling the New 52 Cyborg, then he'd have all this Apokoliptian tech, that he doesn't know how to use yet, so Batman could still do techy things... on top of being the team's tactician, detective, sneaky ninja guy, etc...
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Wait are you saying that New Frontier and DKR are heavy handed or that's what you want them to be like?

Because I really, really want a New Frontier movie, but more focusing on the big dogs.
    No, New Frontier and DKR weren't heavy handed. DKR was a subtle satire of vigilantism and the role it can play in the media.
    New Frontier was a nostalgic look back at the heroes of the Cold War era, without the jingoism that was prevalent in the stories of the time.