Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1461

I'm fine with them using the more classic roster. Though the tone from the small amount of detail given does remind me of the animated series some, but that isn't a bad thing. I get why people wanted Cyborg but I'd rather see him in a Titans movie if I had to choose. Though just because he might not be a main character in the movie doesn't mean they can't involve him somehow. Like have Vic be the son, or relative, of Amanda Waller and introduce him to the audience that way setting up something down the line. Just simplify the connections some and also setting up the ground work for a potential Titans movie through upcoming movies.

I mean I hope they plan ahead and have future movies and movie series in store for this universe they are creating. Introduce Vic/Cyborg in the JL movie, introduce Wally in the upcoming Flash movie, and have Robin already active in the new Batman one. Having a Batman and Robin film would easily set it apart from the Nolan movies, so they don't have to copy/paste what he did, and with that you can start creating buzz for what they could potentially do in the future. Probably not going to happen, but just a thought.

You know I do wonder if DC is brave enough to try doing sidekicks in live action.

If they screw it up, they screw it up hard, but if they got it right it'd be a pretty awesome advantage over Marvel. And Wally would be the best place to start.

im worried that they'll make Darkseid a very one dimensional villain. a typical world conquering invader with none of the psychological or supernatural aspects that make the character so great. basically i hope they dont do what Johns and Lee did in their opening Justice League arc.

The LA times had this to say about the supposed rumour.

uote:
    @elmayimbe
    The final 7 members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE members are not locked down yet. They're tinkering with possibilities during rewrites (cont) RT
    @elmayimbe
    Let's say for sake of conversation AQUAMAN was in the first draft. In the rewrite WB CE mentions, "Gee, hey let's try HAWKMAN instead."
    @elmayimbe
    Then the CE mentions, "Hal Jordan didn't work out for us a couple of summers ago, can we perhaps try John Stewart instead?"
    @elmayimbe
    So then they get 7 & go out to directors, then director has his notes & maybe a member or two he wants to see in the next rewrite.
    @elmayimbe
    What's true today might not be in next draft tomorrow, hence why that story yesterday was BS. Had they locked down the 7 I would been on it.
    @elmayimbe
    Dudes, I'm not saying that John Stewart is your Green Lantern, was merely making a comedic Creative Exec comment.
    @elmayimbe
    There is a director who read it over the holiday
    Since LA times seems to have the inside scoop(they leaked about Darkseid and the rumoured storyline) I tend to believe them.Which means we are getting a 7 team roster

I really dont see how they can handle a roster of 7 in the first movie.The avengers struggled with a 6 man roster which ended up shafting Hawkeye.I dont see how JL cld possibly do better than that with no buildup-unless they are going with a 3 hours film.
    I much prefer the 5 team roster.

Quote Originally Posted by EricAD View Post
    another JL movie line-up rumor has surfaced, although the original story comes from CosmicBookNews.com, which is maybe the least reliable source on the internet, but news is so scarce on JL that I figured I'd post it. Here's the gist of it:

• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
    • Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
    • Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
    • Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
    • Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
    • Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
    • Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
    • There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
    • Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
    • Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
    • Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-been-revealed

I think it is likely BS, but hey...this thread has been dead for awhile, any excuse to get the conversation going again in the JL movie news drought...
    It's probably bull but I'd be okay with it...no Cybore best of all, he's just a horrible character.

I'd rather them go with a plot-heavy adventure movie with the characters viewing each other as equals and not "Here comes the Bat-God", but I know that's not gonna happen.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It's probably bull but I'd be okay with it...no Cybore best of all, he's just a horrible character.

I'd rather them go with a plot-heavy adventure movie with the characters viewing each other as equals and not "Here comes the Bat-God", but I know that's not gonna happen.
    no Cyborg and already I'm less interested especially if they stick MM in the movie. Might as well just concede to Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7 at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no Cyborg and already I'm less interested especially if they stick MM in the movie. Might as well just concede to Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7 at that point
    Partially agree and partially disagree. I'm not a big Cyborg fan, but I do agree that Martian Manhunter may not work well with audiences. Avengers had the Hulk and he stole the show, but he was human most of the time. Would MM be CGI, makeup, a combination of the two? Plus he is not well known to non-comic fans. There are a lot of risks with him, I would think.

If this seven characters are indeed the roster, is it just me or will anyone else miss Green Arrow? He's my second favorite DC hero after Batman. I wonder if a straight from the comics portrayal of him would work well, or if audiences would only equate him with Hawkeye and think he was a ripoff of the Avengers. There might be a lot of that going on anyway, as many will think Darkseid is a ripoff of Thanos. I could see, though, Batman finding a kindred spirit in Green Arrow as the only other non-metahuman.

strange,that TS(Flashpoint)hasn't commented yet,considering how he has been very vocal about using Cyborg

Reconsidering part of my previous post. I guess Martian Manhunter would be done pretty much the way Abin Sur or Sinestro or any of the other aliens in "Green Lantern" were done, and I was fine with all of that. But I still think he doesn't have enough familiarity among non-comic fans.

Well we know every super-hero movie has to have one black person it's probably gonna be Cyborg since A. Geoff Johns is running things at DC and John Stewart has barely been seen and Hal has been given greater prominence in the books and expanded media so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post

I highly doubt it'll be overly bat centric. DC knows Batman sells, the whole reason they're making JL is because they want the others to sell too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm not a huge Cyborg fan, but I really don't think you need to be to know that an extra bit of diversity on the team, even by one member, is a good thing. Cyborg, more or less, was being groomed to be that new hero that helps bring the JL together, and works better on a small-roster JL than someone like Black Lightning (whom I like as a character) or Vixen.

Seriously, in 2015 the all-white (that I know of) Avengers 2 is going to go up against the all-white Justice League? I find it hard to believe that someone at WB wouldn't see an issue there.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Just to point this out, but you could probably fudge around with a few character's ethnicity to increase diversity. For instance, there is no actual continent of Atlantis, but Aquaman's blonde hair is supposed to be somewhat unusual if not outright super-rare. Maybe you could make Atlantis a kind of collective of all sea-going peoples, with the sunken continent having assimilated shipwrecked survivors and surface world adventurers for thousands of years. You could have a Aquaman with darker skin and eerily pale hair. Suggest he actually has some heritage from the Islamic rulers of Spain and peopel from Africa, and you could expand your casting list to include just about anyone who would look good with long blonde hair.

And I'm kind of all for John Stewart over Hal Jordan for the team movie, in part because I think it would be easier to integrate a disciplined military style personality into the team and you could easily hand wave that he and Jordan are partners. Heck, if Darkseid is presented as any kind of intergalactic threat, I could see them actually having the other human Lanterns being recruited to fight his forces on the authority of the Guardians.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    I'm not a huge Cyborg fan, but I really don't think you need to be to know that an extra bit of diversity on the team, even by one member, is a good thing. Cyborg, more or less, was being groomed to be that new hero that helps bring the JL together, and works better on a small-roster JL than someone like Black Lightning (whom I like as a character) or Vixen.
    I disagree. The Avengers worked fine without diversity. There's nothing wrong with not having it.

And I don't think anyone at WB cares about the diversity on either team. It's just a movie.

Also I want MM as a founding member in the movie, because HE IS a founding member of the Justice League. I don’t consider Cyborg to be a founding member of the Justice League at all. I’m also certain that in a few years from now his history as a founding member of the Justice League will be completely wiped out, just like Black Canary’s was.
    Last edited by blinker; 01-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.

J'onn over Cyborg is the right choice, I'm just concerned they'll make it for the wrong reason, and reduce him to exposition fairy to make up for the fact most of the audience will have no idea who Darkseid is or why they should care.