Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Yeah. Thanos c0ckb10cked Darkseid. It sucks, but it's true.

With the election now over, hopefully a few announcements will come in the next 6 weeks. Cross your fingers!
    Is that where they release major movie news during the holidays?

They could still use Darkseid down the road. MOST people in the world probably won't see the similarities or even know who Darkseid is.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    Since they will probably make an announcement soon, i would suggest most people don't think about this or stress out about it.
    I certainly won't be stressing, but if you think I'm not going to think about the fact that over the next 3 years I'll be going to the theatre to see Justice League, Superman, Avengers 2, IM 3, Cap 2, Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Kick Ass 2, Lobo, and maybe Ant Man, Sin City 2, a 300 prequel and Spider-Man 2...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Call of Koo Koo Kachoo TheGavGav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I just hope they don't go the route of casting a sexy no talented "now" actor like Ryan Reynolds like they did for Green Lantern.
    Ryan Reynolds is not a no talent actor, just watch Buried and you'll see what I mean. He could have been great, I'd blame the director, the writers and the special effects team for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I certainly won't be stressing, but if you think I'm not going to think about the fact that over the next 3 years I'll be going to the theatre to see Justice League, Superman, Avengers 2, IM 3, Cap 2, Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Kick Ass 2, Lobo, and maybe Ant Man, Sin City 2, a 300 prequel and Spider-Man 2...
    Amazing Spider-man 2

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I just hope they don't go the route of casting a sexy no talented "now" actor like Ryan Reynolds like they did for Green Lantern. It's strange so incredibly early in the game but I just have this feeling that the Justice League movie will be just as bad as Green Lantern and not even hold a candle to the gigantically impressive haul that The Avengers movie has brought in, mainly because they are doing team first and apparently solo films after instead of the Marvel success of solo films first and THEN the team film.
    I don't know if Ryan can act but he was all wrong for Green Lantern in the first place.

I think Warner just hired him for GL because they knew it was gonna be a shitty movie and that it would bomb and his chances to be Deadpool would be gone.

And the Hobbit trilogy! How could you forget that?

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Is that where they release major movie news during the holidays?

They could still use Darkseid down the road. MOST people in the world probably won't see the similarities or even know who Darkseid is.
    Agreed. Hell, most people who saw Avengers probably didn't even stick around for the post credits scenes and haven't got a clue about the foreshadowing of Thanos, and even if JL and Avengers 2 were going up against each other in the theatres sporting Thanos and Darkseid as their respective antagonists I'm sure there are ways to tweak both of them to make them different enough. Not that I desperately crave to see Darkseid in a JL film anyway, him and the whole Apokolips-thing hae always been among DC's most overrated elements to me.

How about Tower of Babel as a plot idea? Not that I desperatly want to see that either, but the central plot of an unknown threat using specific plans to take out each member of the JL and and the reveal that the plans originate from Batman is very solid IMO. It will allow the movie to focus on Batman (a safe bet considering his current popularity) as well as leave the story in a very interesting place for the inevitable follow-up with Batman thrown out of the League.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Most people are aware of the Thanos teaser, either because they know the track record of the Marvel films, or through word of mouth. If they didn't stay in the theater, they saw it on DVD and Blu-Ray as well as Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Most people are aware of the Thanos teaser, either because they know the track record of the Marvel films, or through word of mouth. If they didn't stay in the theater, they saw it on DVD and Blu-Ray as well as Youtube.
    Lol no, most people don't even know who Thanos is. Most of the people who watched Avengers watched it once, and that is that. Not a big deal to your average movie-goer. And most of them hadn't seen the prequel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Lol no, most people don't even know who Thanos is. Most of the people who watched Avengers watched it once, and that is that. Not a big deal to your average movie-goer. And most of them hadn't seen the prequel movies.
    Yeah... it was more of a teaser for the comic reader audience, I went to see Avengers with some of my family and they only stuck around for the teaser because I made them stay and they were just kind of confused by what happened.

X-Men: First Class 2, rebooted Fantastic Four...

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    X-Men: First Class 2, rebooted Fantastic Four...
    And the frackin Hobbit trilogy... This is the second time someone's posted something like this and excluded it!

And the frackin Hobbit trilogy... This is the second time someone's posted something like this and excluded it!
    People are afraid to post it because they don't want to look foolish when Jackson extends The Hobbit to 5 movies. And then 7. Just because the Hobbit is only one book which is shorter than the shortest book in the LotR trilogy, there's no reason that Hobbit should fill any less than 12 movies. Possibly 15.

I assumed it didn't need to be restated since you already posted it. Unless you're afraid people will forget it that quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    I assumed it didn't need to be restated since you already posted it. Unless you're afraid people will forget it that quickly?
    Forgets the Hobbit trilogy because it has already been stated, mentions 10 other movies that have been stated multiple times. Seems legit