Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah Aquaman is ripe with potential, but it's also difficult to pull off, I would imagine. It will be interesting to see James Cameron's Avatar sequel set underwater come out. Which is going to be using some experimental camera technology to pull off. Might set an example to how to approach such a movie.
    Actually, if the Avatar underwater movie does well, it will improve chances for Aquaman to get greenlit because it will show to WB that audiences are open to undersea epics like that.

What has hurt Aquaman more than anything else? $$$$. Filming on oceans and underwater is insanely expensive. You can Google it yourself; WB budget estimate for a potential Aquaman movie showed it would cost $200 million minimum. That's way more than they're willing to spend after what happened with GL.

I think that the Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern should be left out. Superman brings more than enough, shall we say, implausibility to the table. Plus the Martian Manhunter would render the Lasso of Truth irrelevant and I am a huge Wondie fan. I would also suggest a small cast, since so many of the characters are already so fantastic. My recommendations would be:

Wonder Woman
    Batman
    Superman
    Green Arrow
    Flash

Quote Originally Posted by GEMINUS View Post
    I think that the Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern should be left out. Superman brings more than enough, shall we say, implausibility to the table. Plus the Martian Manhunter would render the Lasso of Truth irrelevant and I am a huge Wondie fan. I would also suggest a small cast, since so many of the characters are already so fantastic. My recommendations would be:

Wonder Woman
    Batman
    Superman
    Green Arrow
    Flash
    Umm....why? Fantastic = good. If you're including a Kryptonian, Amazon princess and guy who can run faster than light, I don't see a space cop or last ancient Martian being the tipping point (or the king of Atlantis, canary crier, cyborg or any other members they might decide to include for that matter). I don't expect super hero movies to be overly plausible. The Avengers wasn't. The Reeve Supermans weren't, Spider-Man wasn't, X-Men weren't, Thor wasn't, Green Lantern wasn't, Hulk wasn't, Iron Man wasn't, Captain America wasn't, Hancock wasn't, the Hellboys weren't...not everything is Batman.
    Last edited by dupersuper; 11-07-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I think Green Lantern should definitely be included but maybe not Hal Jordan. If they leave Green Lantern out there will be an outcry from fans. Same with The Flash. I wish WB luck in putting this together because I think they will definitely need it based on their history of superhero films.

Well, David Yates will be directing the Tarzan Movie for WB, so you can cross him out.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Well, David Yates will be directing the Tarzan Movie for WB, so you can cross him out.
    I talked to a couple "friends of friends" here and heard some interesting news about the script. Apparently, WB didn't want to make anymore announcements until after the election was over in order to get maximum press coverage. One of the rumors I heard was incredible, but I can't post it publicly. I'm building an altar and will make sacrifices to the elder gods in the hopes it'll actually come to pass, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    I talked to a couple "friends of friends" here and heard some interesting news about the script. Apparently, WB didn't want to make anymore announcements until after the election was over in order to get maximum press coverage. One of the rumors I heard was incredible, but I can't post it publicly. I'm building an altar and will make sacrifices to the elder gods in the hopes it'll actually come to pass, LOL.
    Don't tease us, Flashpoint!
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Don't tease us, Flashpoint!
    LOL, I can't post it publicly. Sorry. And I've already started getting P.M.'s asking me about it.

I will say (and this is easy to figure out) that the use of Thanos in Avengers has pretty much killed any chance of Darkseid getting used in the first film (maybe in a sequel is still possible). The possible Plan B I heard was really out of left field, but so brilliant that I am praying with all my might that they'll do it.

LOL, I can't post it publicly. Sorry. And I've already started getting P.M.'s asking me about it.

I will say (and this is easy to figure out) that the use of Thanos in Avengers has pretty much killed any chance of Darkseid getting used in the first film (maybe in a sequel is still possible). The possible Plan B I heard was really out of left field, but so brilliant that I am praying with all my might that they'll do it.
    Ok you are getting me psyched about something I know nothing about. Trying to think of a threat equal to Darkseid.

left field... JLA vs Batman with prep time?

also sounds like DC plans to release it after Avengers 2 so they are also giving themselves time to push back the date if necessary

BANNED

Project OMAC? Kryptonians? White martians?

are you able to answer this?

Is it a story arc that been done or is it going to be a whole new universe type of thing like Nolan batman but have some elements of where the story came from.

The possible Plan B I heard was really out of left field
    Mister Nebula!!!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

When will they announce it to us?
    Give us more hints! Come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    left field... JLA vs Batman with prep time?

also sounds like DC plans to release it after Avengers 2 so they are also giving themselves time to push back the date if necessary
    Avengers 2 comes out May 4, 2015. Since WB is tentatively looking at Summer 2015, any other date WB picks will be after Avengers 2.

And no, it is not heroes fighting heroes.
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 11-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.