Page 49 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think Aquaman presents the most unique solo film at the moment actually.

We've seen several films about Greek mythology over the years. A live action under the sea adventure dealing with Atlantis or what not has loads of potential imo.

While Wonder Woman could be good we've certainly seen Wonder Woman type themes in several movies and tv shows. I think Aquaman is more of an untapped market and would have the meatiest origin. Batman's been done, Superman and Green Lantern's been done. Wonder Woman's plot isn't that novel compared to all the mythological, greek and BAMF heroines we've had over the years. Flash and Cyborg could be cool, but once again wouldn't bring anything too new on paper to the big screen.

I think every Justice Leaguer has a lot of potential but Aquaman style movies haven't really been done.

I mean what's the closest thing to an Aquaman movie we've gotten? Waterworld, Free Willy 1-5, Animated movies like finding Nemo, Dep Sea documentaries?
    Thats right Aquaman is unique which is why Ive never understood why hes been ignored for so long, look I love Sups and Bats as much as the next person but for me Aquaman comes in at number 3 infront of WW and flash, Aquaman in the new 52 is awesome, easily the best artwork in the series imo, DC/WB are sitting on a goldmine with Aqua, I just wished they would bloody use him!!!!!

wait there is going to be a sequel? wait its going to be set under water? Guess I shouldn't be surprised. In Hollywood anything that makes a boat load of money always gets some sort of follow up these days.
    it's not just a sequel, 3 more Avatar sequels coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach78 View Post
    Thats right Aquaman is unique which is why Ive never understood why hes been ignored for so long, look I love Sups and Bats as much as the next person but for me Aquaman comes in at number 3 infront of WW and flash, Aquaman in the new 52 is awesome, easily the best artwork in the series imo, DC/WB are sitting on a goldmine with Aqua, I just wished they would bloody use him!!!!!
    I think his time is coming. DC has slowly been building him up. Even before his new 52 series. Look back at brightest day. There was even that Aquaman tv show pilot for the CW that wasn't picked up. I think we can both agree DC could have done a better job with the character, but I'm optimistic that he can really take off especially with a Justice League movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    it's not just a sequel, 3 more Avatar sequels coming.
    please tell me you're joking. PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING!

I think his time is coming. DC has slowly been building him up. Even before his new 52 series. Look back at brightest day. There was even that Aquaman tv show pilot for the CW that wasn't picked up. I think we can both agree DC could have done a better job with the character, but I'm optimistic that he can really take off especially with a Justice League movie.
    I hope your right, what I would love to see is people coming out of the theatre after watching JL and saying things like " yeh great film, Superman and Batman were at there usual best, but how friken cool is Aquaman, he stole the show and is so different from the rest, we want an Aquaman movie!!" I honestly think that if Aqua was done properly, then he could easily be number 3 in the Justice League and pull in more cash than say WW or Flash, but thats just my opinion..

For Aquaman, I envision somebody is a bit rough around the edges and not too comfortable dealing with humans. Maybe he's a little resentful about the way humans are treating the planet, more importantly the ocean. So he's reluctant to join the League. Maybe he and Wonder Woman become friends?

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    For Aquaman, I envision somebody is a bit rough around the edges and not too comfortable dealing with humans. Maybe he's a little resentful about the way humans are treating the planet, more importantly the ocean. So he's reluctant to join the League. Maybe he and Wonder Woman become friends?
    So you want a Sub-Mariner movie.

Well with Aquaman, he would spend most of his time in the ocean. That is where he is most comfortable with. His kingdom. So with Diana, I see him having something in common which is what you want to do in movies, link the characters and build bases upon which to build. Both come from mystical places. So they are very much outsiders in the world of man and not so comfortable around them. But with Batman and Superman they would have a united cause in a better world. A lot will come down to the script and director and also the cast. It needs the right touch. Not just pretty faces but somebody who embodies the role. Especially with somebody like Wonder Woman which in the wrong hands can become laughable. Same with Green Lantern. WB can throw all the famous actors they want at a movie and beef it up with a big budget but it needs way more than that. You need the right people in the movie. We saw how wrong they got it in Superman Returns and Green Lantern. There was no chemistry. Nothing binding the characters on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    So you want a Sub-Mariner movie.
    Namor's a poor man's Aquaman at best. Regardless of the fact he was created first.

BANNED

I think Aquaman should basically be the water version of Swamp Thing. The god of seas. They should establish that kind of identity in the comics. I think the Johns comic is decent, but it's a bit generic. Not a whole lot of it is particularly unique to Aquaman as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    So, just so my blown little comic geek mind can get this straight, over the next 3 years I'll be seeing Superman MoS, Justice League, Avengers II, Iron Man III, Captain America II, Thor II, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man II, another X-Men movie, The Wolverine, Star Trek XII, Star Wars episode VII, Lobo, Sin City II and Kick Ass II in theatres? Am I missing any?
    Yeah, the fvcking Hobbit trilogy man! How could you forget that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I think Aquaman should basically be the water version of Swamp Thing. The god of seas. They should establish that kind of identity in the comics. I think the Johns comic is decent, but it's a bit generic. Not a whole lot of it is particularly unique to Aquaman as a character.
    God of the Seas seems a little much and I think would end up bumping heads with Wonder Woman's backstory. I think King of Atlantis/King of the Seven Seas works fine. Maybe have his trident be magical or something for those still complaining about his powers.

Frankly I think hus powers are fine the way they are. He's already pretty formidable on land, and in the water he's just a beast. I know as people we see the world revolving more around ourselves and therefore land. But over 2/3 of the earth is covered by water. And in the water not many people can really mess with him

I still think WB dropped the ball on the Aquaman series the pilot was awesome.

They could also make a high quality animated film for Aquaman, it would be much cheaper and if successful they could then go into a proper live action movie, The thing is Marvel could make a Namor film, noway is he as cool as Aqua but they would at least make the first under the sea superhero film, then DC come out with Aquaman and its not unique anymore, people will just look at Aqua and say its ripping off Namor, thats why I hope after Justice League Aquaman is the first hero out of the blocks for a solo film, Aquaman can be a superstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach78 View Post
    They could also make a high quality animated film for Aquaman, it would be much cheaper and if successful they could then go into a proper live action movie, The thing is Marvel could make a Namor film, noway is he as cool as Aqua but they would at least make the first under the sea superhero film, then DC come out with Aquaman and its not unique anymore, people will just look at Aqua and say its ripping off Namor, thats why I hope after Justice League Aquaman is the first hero out of the blocks for a solo film, Aquaman can be a superstar!
    Unfortunately i just don't think it's possible because he has become too much of a joke for some people.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Namor's a poor man's Aquaman at best. Regardless of the fact he was created first.
    Blasphemy I say, blasphemy!

Regardless of Marvel's constant sidelining of the character (joining the X-Men, what?) he still is awesome. I don't find Aquaman as compelling. I thought the pilot for 'Mercy Reef' was good, and I have no doubt that an interesting flick could be made off of him but as of now? I don't get the attraction. The SWORD OF ATLANTIS series Busiek did was a hundred times better than what Johns is doing now.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-04-2012 at 10:26 PM.