Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: AvX: Consequences, #2

Kieron Gillen and Steve Kurth bring us the continued aftermath of "AvX," which is to say the fate of Scott Summers, in "AvX: Consequences" #2.

Full review here.

I'm actually going to disagree and say that I loved the "Jean loved me more" bit. I think it's a lot less hackneyed in the comics than you're presenting it as. The Wolverine/Cyclops fight for Jean's love has always been more subtle in the comics than it was in the animated series or movies. One of the few times they really fought over it was during Schism and I think this scene was a beautiful echo of that. Plus, Scott has always loved to push Logan's buttons, even if he acts like he's above that. No surprise that he'd push the most obvious one here.

i would second that. If you are a fan of Cyke/Logan interactions then the first scene is gold.

BANNED

The issue contained testosterone. Kelly Thompson is on the case!

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I have to disagree with this review.

It didn't get enough credit. Sure, it lacked action, but when you read a comic and it ends with you dying to know what happens next...you did a good job writing it.

There were other books where I had no problems waiting for the next issue that got higher ratings.

I don't think its all fair.

Not one word about the AWESOME turn of events in this book??? Oh wait. My least favorite reviewer.

I would give this book a silghtly higher score, but I agree with the assessment in the review. There wasn't much action with this book, but the conversation between Cyclops wand Wolverine was epic in its own right. And I thought the addition of the prisoner who became a mutant was a nice touch. It offered a more focused view on the effects of undoing M-Day. It's not awesome enough to make up for all of Avengers vs. X-men's shortcomings, but it's a start!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    The issue contained testosterone. Kelly Thompson is on the case!
    A CBR review that didn't read like a press release, that is a change for the better!
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I thought this issue was leagues better than anything from AVX and is one of the better comic books put out by Marvel this month. I thought the artwork was absolutely gorgeous. I really enjoyed the interaction between Scott and Logan. Overall for me a very, very good issue.

Not a big fan of Cyclops' Slim look you mentioned, it makes no sense, he used to be able to kick anybody's ass without using powers, he shouldn't be worried about that visor!
    Also, I got lost in the middle of the confrontation: When Cyclops is thinking about helping them finding the rogue members of his X-Tinction team, he makes one question, one simple question, where have them put Emma and Hope? it's like the most natural reaction of anybody! it was out of curiosity, he just needed to know where Emma is in order to know where would the other be kept and decide either he helps or not

it was an absolutely comprehensible question, then Logan suddenly gets pissed and leaves???
    maybe Scott was going to cooperate, it was a completely stupid reaction.

on the matter of "i know Jean more now", well it was absolutely truth! he went DarkPhoenix and it is comprehensible that now he gets a better perspective of what Jean was living...
    also i'm not a big fan of these Wolvie/Scott late confrontations. i mean SHE was Scott's wife, whatever happened, HE was her husband! Wolverine can't understand that he's also affected by Jean's death?

and the fact that they AT LAST mentioned the fact that SCOTT WAS RIGHT all along.. it's adressed but not as deeply as could have been...
    about the big cliffhanger at the end... come on! like he's gonna get hurt! we already know he will live long enough to fight his own past-self in All New X-Men!
    sadly, it seems as if AVX Consequences has become a poor excuse to show Cyc "road to redemption" in 5 short chapters... at the end he's gonna be out of prison and his status quo reversed.
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!