Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    Oh, this reminds me of an idea I had when I first read the preview for that issue a while back... Now, you've forced me to unleash it upon the world!!!

Attachment 104006
    Somehow I knew it would have something do with The Sheen. Love it.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_hyde2120 View Post
    Who is that In your avatar?
    Upcoming Dazzler/Cable pastiche from X-treme X-men. Pre-order today.

Recommend Journey into Mystery which un fortunately I believe Gillen is also departing. I salute him for actually making UXM good after Fraction essentially destroyed it and also left it with a terrible cast which Gillen managed to make interesting.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Just read Generation Hope. That, honestly, best Marvel teen book with most fun characters, ever. I preferred it to the bits of Uncanny I read of his, but it's all good. Gillen is an amazing writer, already one of the best in the business. I hope he comes back to X-Men properly at some point. Usually returns are awful, but I get the feeling he'd make it work.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I'm gonna definatley pick up YA, and maybe try out Iron Man

Unlike you I've loved all the X-Books recently, but I agree that it's sad to see Gillen go. I'm glad Remender and Aaron are sticking around, and I like the new guys coming in, though I'm trepidatious about Bendis mostly because while I don't hate his stuff I've always felt he did stronger work on solo heroes. Even his Ultimate X-Men run was half a Wolverine team-up book. But Gillen's tenure was some great ensemble work. Every character had moments to shine without it feeling cluttered. I really wish he was moving on to Thunderbolts and taking Cyclops there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarsco View Post
    Unlike you I've loved all the X-Books recently, but I agree that it's sad to see Gillen go. I'm glad Remender and Aaron are sticking around, and I like the new guys coming in, though I'm trepidatious about Bendis mostly because while I don't hate his stuff I've always felt he did stronger work on solo heroes. Even his Ultimate X-Men run was half a Wolverine team-up book. But Gillen's tenure was some great ensemble work. Every character had moments to shine without it feeling cluttered. I really wish he was moving on to Thunderbolts and taking Cyclops there.
    Isn't Remender leaving? Unless you count Uncanny Avengers as an X-Book
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    This thread is better. I'd rather read appreciation without people's bullshit rankings.
    Apparently the mods feel differently. Now this thread's been integrated into that... Seriously, that thread was inactive for a month! What the hell?! How was that necessary?!
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

CBR Poll asks which pre-Marvel NOW! run will you miss the most? Gillen's Uncanny X-Men is one of the choices you can vote for.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=99

What I have read I really liked, which is saying a lot since I have not read any X books in over a decade. Had Gillen stayed on, this probably would have gone on my pull list.
    Last edited by aNamored; 11-11-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    CBR Poll asks which pre-Marvel NOW! run will you miss the most? Gillen's Uncanny X-Men is one of the choices you can vote for.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=99
    wtf at people missing Brubaker's Captain America more than UXM. That book was amazing in its first couple years but it's been treading water ever since Rogers came back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    wtf at people missing Brubaker's Captain America more than UXM. That book was amazing in its first couple years but it's been treading water ever since Rogers came back to life.
    Does it really matter what others think though?
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Default Extinction Team!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unsaved Preview Document.jpg  
    Last edited by yanapryde; 11-18-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"