Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shew...I don't ever want Asrar off the book but man, Basri knocked it outta the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkditty View Post
    Kara feels like a very strong, independent character now instead of just being written as a Superman-derivative.
    Hell yeah!

I have to say that even though there are occasionally books I enjoy a little more than Supergirl(like this week's Batwoman) that this title is by far the most consistent. There hasn't bee an issue I didn't like, it's always great and this issue was no different. I loved how the fortress protected her, that was just all kinds of awesome.

Good issue. Nice to see her owning one place just for herself. The way she would turn out beating Tycho was evident since the moment the fortress started to talk. But still, very enjoyable.

The pace of this title reminds me a lot of Wonder Woman´s. Their worlds being built slowly and one step at the time, the complete opposite of what´s happening with Justice League and Teen Titans, for example.

As for the art, I think it´s pretty similar to Mahmud Asrar's visuals.
    Last edited by Charlus; 10-18-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Asrar and Basri turned up around the same time two years ago and I really like both of them, because they both showcase really believable characters, particularly female characters. Basri on Power Girl was top shelf, and Voodoo was a good-looking book while he was on it.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It was a good book, but I found it a little awkward when they recapped the zero issue. It would have been better if we learned the shocking detail at the same time Kara did, and then got filled in on the background behind the shooting. It's hard to empathize with a melodramatic Kara when you've known about it for a month now.

That "say you're sorry" moment was perfect, though.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I thought this was an excellent issue. In fact, it's probably my favorite of this series so far. As everyone else has said, I too liked the way it brought everything from the past year together. And Basri's art was great. I didn't really like the way he drew Tycho, but that might have more to do with the character's appearance in general--the skin vest just looks weird to me. Other than that, though, it was a great read. Supergirl is easily one of my favorite DC books and is probably in my top five between all publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Famousringo View Post
    That "say you're sorry" moment was perfect, though.
    I loved that part. Tycho's definitely going to have to do some re-strategizing when he (inevitably) escapes.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

For me this issue lost its momentum. The exposition would have been fine but the art was monotonous (the blah reds and same scene throughout). Then once Tycho was defeated and she turned on the lights it was like reading a different book (which is why I am blaming the art in the first half). Everything after that was closer to what I expect of Supergirl and it got me real excited for the next issue.

I wanted to ask since Kara remembers her last days on Kypton does she remember Reign bring in the tubes ?
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Random....been out awhile.

Of all the stuff that came from the New 52: Supergirl is my favorite. This book is working for me on all levels and I love it. I hope that Green continues to get to write it for a long time.

I think Tycho is a great new villain, the way Kara defeated him was cool and this issue really just rejuvinated my whole outlook on the "S" books. I wish Green could write one of the Superman books too.
    If the shoe fits: "a crankly old man standing just on the edge of a crowd gathered for a concert and stamping his feet yelling at the crowd to stop having fun, that they don't know what fun is."

It did seem she defeated Tycho a little too easily / quickly . . . wonder if Johnson would have stretched this out another issue if he didn't have that damn crossover starting next issue. (A crossover where Lobdell is in charge just brings back bad memories.)

And Basri needs a little more work on anatomy . . . Kara's arm on the first page was waaaaaay too long and thin!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	- Supergirl 13, page 1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	103095
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It did seem she defeated Tycho a little too easily / quickly . . . wonder if Johnson would have stretched this out another issue if he didn't have that damn crossover starting next issue. (A crossover where Lobdell is in charge just brings back bad memories.)

And Basri needs a little more work on anatomy . . . Kara's arm on the first page was waaaaaay too long and thin!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	- Supergirl 13, page 1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	103095

One curious thing about Tycho -- most of him gets blown to smithereens, but he keeps his teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by christinereed View Post
    One curious thing about Tycho -- most of him gets blown to smithereens, but he keeps his teeth!
    But are those his original teeth or just recreated teeth for his new body (or possibly recreated teeth filling in spots where he lost original teeth)?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

the arm length isn't nearly as bad as you made it seem. Way less obvious than Morales' googly eyes, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    the arm length isn't nearly as bad as you made it seem. Way less obvious than Morales' googly eyes, I think.
    To me it's the length coupled with how skinny the arm is (compared to the hand). It just looks off like that to me.