Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

According to the tracking information the package just left philly so I would hope it would reach NC before Wednesday. I only hope the on coming Frankenstorm won't affect that time table...or cause us to much damage here on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Just received an Email from amazon telling me that:

Your estimated delivery date is:

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My delivery date was estimated the same! spooky
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I think I got mine today - very cool, and a book I didn't even know about!

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    I think I got mine today - very cool, and a book I didn't even know about!
    Sweet! Was it the Christopher Golden's the Ferrymen or Allie's the Fog? The prices were so low I figured what the heck.

This thread could be way more awesome with pics!

Come on guys, don't be lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Sweet! Was it the Christopher Golden's the Ferrymen or Allie's the Fog? The prices were so low I figured what the heck.
    The Ferryman. Cool thing too is that Charles de Lint does an afterword and I met him a few years back.

Were you inspired by that Article on dreadcentral? I almost gave away a copy of the Ferrymen too because of that!

The Ferryman. Cool thing too is that Charles de Lint does an afterword and I met him a few years back.
    That's pretty awesome, I love meeting my favorite authors.
    Were you inspired by that Article on dreadcentral? I almost gave away a copy of the Ferrymen too because of that!
    Ha, yup when Golden said he thought it was the scariest thing he'd ever written I had to give it a try. It reminds me a lot of 'Salem's Lot, which is by far my favorite horror story so the Ferryman was right up my alley.

Hope you like it Grog!

As for me, I just got my books from Noble! Man, I wish you could have seen my face when I opened the package. Even though I was expecting the books from you I was totally confused when I opened the first one and saw that it was The House on the Borderland as that's on my Amazon wish list and was the next book I was going to get for myself after finishing Father Gaetano. I just couldn't wrap my head around it, I was like, "I didn't order this yet..." and then I saw the note from you.

Thanks man!

That's awesome!

I hope my book gets here tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Either way I'm happy this little book trade is going nicely, I sure hope Noble likes my book! It's due tomorrow! :D

That's awesome!
    I hope my book gets here tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Don't worry, it's in the mail. The worker in the post office said in his 10 years on the job, it was only the third package he remembers going to Portugal. He couldn't give me an estimate on shipping time, but I have the customs # should we need it.

Don't worry, it's in the mail. The 's jworker in the post office said in his 10 years on the job, it was only the third package he remembers going to Portugal. He couldn't give me an estimate on shipping time, but I have the customs # should we need it.
    I wasn't doubting you grog! Far from it!

It's just that books usually take a long time arriving from the US! Hopefully it doesn't get hold at customs, I only had one package held there in +3 years buying directly from the US so luck is on our side! ;)

I'm hoping your second package reaches you soon Grog, I just sent an email about it to DHL since there hasn't been a tracking update since the 26th.

As for me, I just got my books from Noble! Man, I wish you could have seen my face when I opened the package. Even though I was expecting the books from you I was totally confused when I opened the first one and saw that it was The House on the Borderland as that's on my Amazon wish list and was the next book I was going to get for myself after finishing Father Gaetano. I just couldn't wrap my head around it, I was like, "I didn't order this yet..." and then I saw the note from you.

Thanks man!
    Wow thats awesome! I was afraid you might have already had them.
    The House on the Borderland is one of my favorite weird stories ever, it gets crazy at the end but the first half is fantastic I think, I'd love to see a movie adaptation of it. And Carnacki, like I said, is a personal favorite. William Hope Hodgson is just one of my favorite authors.
    Glad I got something on your wish lists too! Thats cool.

As for me, I got my books yesterday but wasn't able to jump online and thank David yet.
    Thank you! Also a funny story about that, last weekend I was at my LCS and I was eyeing that Frankenstein book, I had been wanting it for a long time but just never got it. And last weekend I said, ah its almost halloween maybe I should get it, but instead I got a BPRD trade and said maybe next week I'll get it. Then boom, its in the mail! Spooky!

Dracula The Un-Dead was also on my amazon wishlist, so gotta take that off now!

This was great guys, glad we did this.
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I'm really glad you liked it, I thought what the hell, you've probably read Frankenstein before, but you can't go wrong with Wrightson and with that edition! It's one of my favorites! I'm glad I got you something you were thinking of buying!

I bought that Dracula just to have free shipping as I've told you but I'm actually curious to know how it is, let me know when you've read it! Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of my favorite books ever!

I haven't received my books yet, but as soon as I get them I'll post it here! :D
    Hope everyone had fun!

I think the suggestion of House on the Borderland may have actually come from you Nobel, I couldn't exactly remember who brought it up but it came up here at some point so I decided to check it out on wikipedia and liked what I read and so added it to my buy pile and now I have it!

That edition of Frankenstein is fantastic, the wood cut illustrations are simply amazing.

I've never heard of Dracula the Un-Dead before, you'll have to tell us how that is.