Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    I wasn't doubting you grog! Far from it!

It's just that books usually take a long time arriving from the US! Hopefully it doesn't get hold at customs, I only had one package held there in +3 years buying directly from the US so luck is on our side! ;)
    Oh don't worry, I didn't think you were doubting me, I just have been busy and hadn't posted anything regarding this in awhile, so I didn't want you to think I had fallen into some dark hole of the internet. Hopefully customs won't get hung up on a book; the only time I've ever had stuff get parked in customs was when I would send stuff to my buddy in Greece. Now that was a true Halloween-style nightmare.

Did you receive the Fog today Grog? The latest tracking info I have lists it as arriving at your town's post office this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Did you receive the Fog today Grog? The latest tracking info I have lists it as arriving at your town's post office this morning.
    Yes! Very nice, thank you, and a good Halloween read.

Ha, I'm glad. I wasn't sure if you did as the DHL site had stopped giving me tracking information and I had to repeatedly email them to get an update on where it was. I thought it would be a nice little tangentially related Hellboy gem of a book to go with your collection.

While I wish Mignola had done the interior art so the book would match his awesome cover, but the coloring by Dave Stewart does make it feel right at home.

How was your halloween guys?

Many trick or treaters? Or did you go to some party?

I went to the movie theater to watch a horror movie and after that I stopped by my local bar... Lots of people in costume, I was surprised, Halloween isn't that famous over here...

We don't celebrate Halloween here but it is slowly becoming optional in the wealthier neighborhoods. The kids dress up and go trick or treating with their parents in tow. Personally, I saw nobody dressed up.
    I'm the voice inside your head that you refuse to hear
    I'm the face that you have to face, mirrored in your stare
    ~Foo Fighters - The Pretender

How was your halloween guys?

Many trick or treaters? Or did you go to some party?

I went to the movie theater to watch a horror movie and after that I stopped by my local bar... Lots of people in costume, I was surprised, Halloween isn't that famous over here...
    I went to an all night movie marathon, it lasted from midnight till noon the next day. It was fantastic, the Exorcist, John Carpenter's the Thing and then the Romero zombie films.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I went to an all night movie marathon, it lasted from midnight till noon the next day. It was fantastic, the Exorcist, John Carpenter's the Thing and then the Romero zombie films.
    That sounds great!

No Rocky Horror?

Went to see that new film Sinister - kind of average but excellent sound editing (Oscar-caliber). Bought a lot of candy but only had a handful of trick-or-treaters, so my students got to pick through a big bag of leftovers. I was interested in seeing what the Hispanic community across from me would do for Day of the Dead, but I had to go out of town on business.

That sounds great!

No Rocky Horror?
    Nah, not this year, there were a few places showing it but I decided to go with the all nighter.

I finally received my book for All Hallows Read!
    I took some pics but since I can't find the cables I need to connect the camera to my laptop I'll just share a stock photo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bk4291.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	104313

This came really in a good time since I'm on the last two chapters of Through the Looking-Glass, this will be next!
    Believe it or not from Lovecraft I've only ever read the Reanimator. I'm on for some hours of fun!

Thank you so much grog, and thanks to everybody for participating!

I finished Carnacki the Ghost Finder and I have to say it was fully awesome from start to finish! I really enjoyed the historical perspective that the introduction really gave the book, while I'm sure I would have enjoyed the stories on their own merits I felt the knowing that they were published in the wake of Sherlock Holmes' popularity really heightened the reading experience for me.

What I really loved was how not all the stories ended up being truly supernatural, the mix kept things really interesting.

I'm now about half way through the House on the Borderlands and I'm loving it even more than Carnacki, though I miss his amiable narration. Hodgson really had a thing for pig monsters though, ands thats a damn weird fixation. I love it though.

I'm glad you're liking it Guardian!
    I myself am halfway through the book and am thoroughly enjoying each story, I'm leaving the Call of Cthulhu to the end since it's commonly known as the best story of Lovecraft!

We should do a trade like this for Christmas!

I know I'd be down for that, I mean it only costs a few bucks to share a book and I consider anyone here more than worth that.