Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default All Hallows Read - Hellboard

Hey guys, I know it's a little short notice, but what would you think if we made an All Hallow's Read between the people on the Hellboard?
    For those of you who don't know this is what the basic premise is: http://www.allhallowsread.com/

It wouldn't be like the Forum Christmas exchange, basically one of us (I don't mind doing it) would make a new thread with a list of the people interested in this. Each boardie would have to send a scary book to the boardie chosen for him. I think the trick here is to be a book we can read, so be it a comic or a novel the value of the book should be in their content. I know most of us aren't swimming in money so let's say 20 pound spending limit seems reasonable...
    Each person would post what they'd like to receive (Floppies, TPB's, Novels or whatever the other wants to give) and where they would like to send (Europe, UK, US or Worldwide). I could do the pairings.

Would there be any interest? I know you could always just buy the book yourselves, but I like the idea of someone buying me a book without knowing my tastes... If the book turns out to be something you own, you can always just give it to someone else, lend it or use it to level a table...

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

IN
    DavidB.
    noble_enough
    thwhtGuardian
    grogtheslayer
    Last edited by DavidB.; 10-19-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Im interested in this.
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I'll edit the first post listing who wants to be part. Thanks for playing along Noble!

Hopefully we'll have enough people for this! :D

at the very least we can send eachother a book
    Ars longa, vita brevis

Yes, but I was hoping to have some more guys (at least one European and one on the US, it would be easier shipping wise).

Come on guys, join this new tradition.

I like this idea and I totally applaud the initiative.

My only problem would be I'm feeling literally swamped by the reading I should be doing or have finished already as it is!

There'd be like a stack of more than a meter or several feet high of that for sure.

The Christmas Art Exchange I implement as mandatory upon myself since I'm lazy or dread getting creative with achieving for results. I'm a bit stupid that way.

So lemme think on it a while, but for now I'd be feeling hesitation honestly - is that dumb? I read super slow or don't take it on all that lightly.

Or I really get uncomfortable from reading any stuff that doesn't enthuse me profoundly. I hardly bring myself to finish books not particularly to my liking. Comics neither.

Nothing really. Maybe food or dishes, simply for emptying the plate... I'm difficult. But I'm fair!
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Well you could always ask for a 32 page comic (one or two...).
    Or maybe a short story?

The trick here is for people to read new things, size doesn't matter as much as quality!

A Hellboy book club could be pretty cool, sharing novels together that we think other Hellboarders might enjoy. I'd certainly be down for that.

Another thing that just sprung into my head was that I have a nook and it allows you to share certain novels with anyone else with a nook, you just have to connect through facebook. So I'm willing to ship to anyone here in the states for sure, and if the rates aren't too terrible I'd even ship over seas but there's also the nook method as well if anyone was interested in that.

I'll put you in the list, shipping rates for a book bellow 2 pounds aren't that expensive worldwide, but I'll try to pair you with an American Boardie!

Come on guys, we have 3 and 1 maybe, where are all those horror readers?

Come on guys, at least one more so we can trade within ourselves! =D

Okay, add me to the list.

Alright!

I'll have this one up until Sunday, so plenty of time for more people to join!

Last day to get on this, I guess if no one else joins we can always trade books between us four!

Maybe people will be more receptive to Guardian's idea of a book club for hellboarders.

I am also interested in the book club idea!
    Ars longa, vita brevis

I'll call it a day, we're few but at least we can trade books between the four of us!

Can you guys tell me the following?

What type of book do you want? Comic floppy/ Comic TPB,HC / Novel TPB,HC or Anything
    Where are you from?
    Where are you willing to send the book?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

For me it will be

What type of book do you want? Anything but a floppy, I don't really enjoy reading on that format...
    Where are you from? Portugal
    Where are you willing to send the book? Worldwide