View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Iron Man #1?

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

13 40.63%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

10 31.25%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

6 18.75%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

2 6.25%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post
    This book was absolutely pathetic trash. Truly pathetic garbage. Sometimes I find it difficult discerning whether a writer is talentless or just delibaretly trying to fail on purpose. No doubt there's a reason why I've never heard of Edmonson before. Keep him as far away from the Ultimates titles as possible.... Plz send him back to the little leagues ASAP!! -11/10

t
    edit: I actually went out of my way to track him on Twitter to send him hate mail. Seriously... This is GARBAGE!
    Popped over to thank you guys for reading! Noticed this post. Yes, thanks for finding me on twitter to share your thoughts. I hope that within the next year, by working very hard, getting up at the crack of dawn every morning, writing my heart out and then finally getting very, very lucky, I may bring one of my comics up from -11/10 to 0/10 in your estimation. I believe that if I do that I will feel that I've matured as a writer, and hopefully stop cutting myself. A zero-sum writer is what I strive for; anything more is just gravy. I simply can't stomach being a writer in the negative review digits. So thank you for the encouragement, but more importantly, thank you for helping the sales numbers on issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Deluge View Post
    I thought this was ok writing and good art, and by the end of the mini it'll be regarded as a great fun read. Just a shame that the plot seems a little predictable so far. Obvious that Josie isn't dead, if her death was revealed in issue 2 then maybe I would take it more seriously.

Big fan of Edmondson's, I bought his whole Grifter run and really enjoyed Who is Jake Ellis?.
    Hm.........

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Im not sure what to really think of this issue. The writing was fine and I could say I liked it but I didnt have enough to bring me back for the next issue. I feel like I have a good idea what is going to happen next which also is another reason for keeping me away. I really hope this story by the end matters in the overall Ultimate Comics UU and not just a mini I can skip. I will pass on the mini for now and if it matters I will go back for it.
    Thanks for sharing! This story will definitely "matter." Marvel is letting me--us--do some pretty important things with the character.

I'll be excited to see all of "y'all's" reactions come the fourth issue. Be sure to let me know what you think! Unless you hate it, of course. Then just take a nice vacation and let me think that you liked it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NEdmondson View Post
    Hm.........
    O Snap!

Thanks for sharing! This story will definitely "matter." Marvel is letting me--us--do some pretty important things with the character.
    Well granted Orson Scott Card was allowed to do important things, alongside Jeph Loeb retconning things, but those things are mroe or less now forgotten, ignored or further retconned. Let's hope this some good stuff you got cooking for us.

PS. Any chance you can confirm your story will mention Gregory Stark?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'll be excited to see all of "y'all's" reactions come the fourth issue. Be sure to let me know what you think! Unless you hate it, of course. Then just take a nice vacation and let me think that you liked it. ;)
    Mr. Edmonson, thank you for taking the time to come here and interact with us :) We, the fans, really appreciate when the writers of our favorite stories do this, it sort of makes the stories feel closer to home as well since we can say that we've had interactions with the people that made them possible, and potentially had some sort of influence in some way. You and Brian Wood are here and you both are so far rocking your respective books. Coincidence? I think not

Also, I know you probably can't say anything, or chances are you don't even know yourself, but is there any chance you'll be sticking around the UU for a while other than your Iron Man mini and helping Wood with X-Men?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Mr. Edmonson, thank you for taking the time to come here and interact with us :) We, the fans, really appreciate when the writers of our favorite stories do this, it sort of makes the stories feel closer to home as well since we can say that we've had interactions with the people that made them possible, and potentially had some sort of influence in some way. You and Brian Wood are here and you both are so far rocking your respective books. Coincidence? I think not

Also, I know you probably can't say anything, or chances are you don't even know yourself, but is there any chance you'll be sticking around the UU for a while other than your Iron Man mini and helping Wood with X-Men?
    I can't say anything at this point--but feel free to tell Marvel you'd like to see more of me! I hear about it when fan letters come in an mention me. Except when they're bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    O Snap!

PS. Any chance you can confirm your story will mention Gregory Stark?
    He will not be in the series.

Bear in mind part of the goal of this series is to be something you can hand to someone who isn't steeped in the continuity--plenty of it is THERE for the fans, but the story is contained enough to be enjoyed by anyone.

Now where we go from this book...we'll see!

Also score on the GC gif. Major celeb crush after Haywire.

But how do you justify him not being in the series when it goes over his past?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    But how do you justify him not being in the series when it goes over his past?
    The writer just avoids the parts of Tony's past with him in it. I mean the only time Gregory Stark is mention is during Miller's Ultimate Avengers run. Where was he during the early days of the Ultimate U? He just was not around. This could be true with Tony's past as well. Heck Gregory could have been out of the US when Tony was younger and that could explain why he is not mentioned in the series. I mean Tony and Gregory did not get along at all. So I could see for the characters they just avoid one another.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    The writer just avoids the parts of Tony's past with him in it. I mean the only time Gregory Stark is mention is during Miller's Ultimate Avengers run. Where was he during the early days of the Ultimate U? He just was not around. This could be true with Tony's past as well. Heck Gregory could have been out of the US when Tony was younger and that could explain why he is not mentioned in the series. I mean Tony and Gregory did not get along at all. So I could see for the characters they just avoid one another.
    *diligently taking notes for the sequel* ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post

I like to think Plawsky inspires Kitty, and I used to think Brian Wood was inspired by Wyokid when he was writing Jimmy...

By the way, Mr. Edmonson, sorry; I'm trade-waiting this series. I know it's not great for the industry, but I just don't have enough cash right now. :(
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I like to think Plawsky inspires Kitty, and I used to think Brian Wood was inspired by Wyokid when he was writing Jimmy...

By the way, Mr. Edmonson, sorry; I'm trade-waiting this series. I know it's not great for the industry, but I just don't have enough cash right now. :(
    No apology necessary! Thanks for reading!

I hope you all get a chance to enjoy JAKE ELLIS and THE ACTIVITY, too -- trades are out for both!

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    O Snap!
    umm...what was this thread about again? *luv struck*

*diligently taking notes for the sequel* ;)
    You heard it here first, everyone - Nathan Edmondson confirms a sequel to his Iron Man miniseries!!!!

Since we're on the topic of past stories, is there any particular Ultimate Tony moment that really stands out to you as an, for lack of a better word, inspiration? I'm personally a huge fan of both Ultimate Human and Armor Wars by Warren Ellis, and the back and forth between Playboy Tony and somber Tony that he was able to capture. Also his final moment in Ultimates 2.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Nope, not confirming anything! Sorry to confuse.

Hope you all enjoyed issue 2!

Gina Carano seems to have enjoyed it.