View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Iron Man #1?

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

13 40.63%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

10 31.25%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

6 18.75%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

2 6.25%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Solid issue! Really shaping up to be a great mini.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    ...is this a parody of online fanboy mentality?
    If only. Edmonson actually retweeted all of this guys tweets and responded hilariously.

Your Ult. Iron Man was fucking GARBAGE!!! Leave the title alone you fucking bum! You do NOT have the talent to do this!
    Retweeted by Nathan Edmondson
    How the hell did they let you write for Iron Man? You have no positive recognizable bibliography! Leave good titles alone you fucking bum!!!
    Retweeted by Nathan Edmondson
    Nathan: @Jeffrey89368116 oh, they didn't. I broke in and switched the scripts.
    @Nhedmondson awh, man. I spent these last few years supporting a bum? But a sexual bum from the sound of it.
    @Nhedmondson @Jeffrey89368116 hahaha!! Nathan you rule.
    Nathan: @Clonek buy a few more and I might can move off the street (into the dumpster on 4th Ave). #thanksforyoursupport
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post
    This book was absolutely pathetic trash. Truly pathetic garbage. Sometimes I find it difficult discerning whether a writer is talentless or just delibaretly trying to fail on purpose. No doubt there's a reason why I've never heard of this Edmonson scrub before. Keep this loser as far away from the Ultimates titles as possible.... Plz send this little chump back to the little leagues ASAP!! -11/10

edit: I actually went out of my way to track this loser on Twitter to send him hate mail. Seriously... This punk is GARBAGE!
    That seems more than a little extreme.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    If only. Edmonson actually retweeted all of this guys tweets and responded hilariously.
    Oh my god! That's perfect!

I found my new favorite person in the world.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Now that response was akin to that of, shall we say, a Boss.

When does this mini take place?
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

I thought this was ok writing and good art, and by the end of the mini it'll be regarded as a great fun read. Just a shame that the plot seems a little predictable so far. Obvious that Josie isn't dead, if her death was revealed in issue 2 then maybe I would take it more seriously.

Big fan of Edmondson's, I bought his whole Grifter run and really enjoyed Who is Jake Ellis?.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    When does this mini take place?
    Most likely after United We Stand because tony has his armor that he got in Divided We Fall.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Most likely after United We Stand because tony has his armor that he got in Divided We Fall.
    And no tumor apparently. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    He's also addressing Carol by the title she received from President Howard. The odds of it happening between then and DWF are pretty slim.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    And no tumor apparently. weird.
    The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. The issue never says the tumor is gone; he's just not dealing with it right now.

That said, I hope "Anthony" is gone soon. I can't stand that little bastard.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    He's also addressing Carol by the title she received from President Howard. The odds of it happening between then and DWF are pretty slim.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. The issue never says the tumor is gone; he's just not dealing with it right now.

That said, I hope "Anthony" is gone soon. I can't stand that little bastard.
    What if "Anthony" is The Mandarin
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

I really enjoyed this! From the writing to the art, this is top notch! Buffagni might well be one of my new favorite artists. The new armor, drawn by Buffagni, is actually starting to grow on me. And using that forehead symbol as a flashlight/X-ray gadget? AWESOME!

Just a few minor gripes:

I agree with Wolverine12, didn't like the portrayal Howard Stark here.

Also, no mention of Gregory. And where the hell is Happy since Armor Wars?
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    I really enjoyed this! From the writing to the art, this is top notch! Buffagni might well be one of my new favorite artists. The new armor, drawn by Buffagni, is actually starting to grow on me. And using that forehead symbol as a flashlight/X-ray gadget? AWESOME!

Just a few minor gripes:

I agree with Wolverine12, didn't like the portrayal Howard Stark here.

Also, no mention of Gregory. And where the hell is Happy since Armor Wars?
    Oh yeah, I didn't even think about Gregory! This would have been a perfect opportunity for Edmonson to show some backstory between the two brothers... And, you know, follow established continuity and all...

Im not sure what to really think of this issue. The writing was fine and I could say I liked it but I didnt have enough to bring me back for the next issue. I feel like I have a good idea what is going to happen next which also is another reason for keeping me away. I really hope this story by the end matters in the overall Ultimate Comics UU and not just a mini I can skip. I will pass on the mini for now and if it matters I will go back for it.