Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel Comics Solicitations for January, 2013

Marvel Comics has released its solicitations for comics on sale in January, 2012, including the debuts of "Superior Spider-Man" and "Savage Wolverine" plus the final issue of "Secret Avengers."

Full article here.

Yes, was waiting for this + Avengers arenas is such a hunger-games rip-off, and i like it.
    FF
    Captain marvel
    Avengers arena (?)
    Young avengers (?)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Hm, I am actually slightly disappointed that Thunderbolts is only double shipping in December.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Hm, I am actually slightly disappointed that Thunderbolts is only double shipping in December.
    I'm kinda glad, keeps the budget steady.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Another collection of issues from Roger Stern's Avengers? And it contains his Kang story? Excellent.

"UNCANNY X-FORCE #1. . . The first adversary to strike out from the darkness? X-legend BISHOP!"

Looks like the 90's really are back.

UNCANNY X-FORCE #1
    THE DARKEST CORNERS OF THE MUTANT UNIVERSE: EXPOSED! The X-Men: sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them. UNCANNY X-FORCE: charged to deal with situations the X-Men fear and hate! Psylocke and Storm lead a new team of outcasts and scoundrels, including fan-favorite Puck, the villainous Spiral, and the mysterious Cluster. The first adversary to strike out from the darkness? X-legend BISHOP!
    I like the cast a lot -- well, that's not completely true. I like Puck a lot, and I LOVE that there's none of Marvel's Most Overexposed characters in this. Finally we seem to have something that's not just Claw Force, which is enough to get me to give it a look.

CABLE AND THE X-FORCE #3
    • Where has Colossus been to post-AVX and what is wrong with his powers?
    • Why are Cable and his team attacking a civilian company?
    Also considering this one. Though I feel kind of dirty possibly getting TWO X-Force books.

NEW AVENGERS #1
    To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It's the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--The Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities.
    I like the idea of Black Panther leading a team, but not a big fan of Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic or Namor. Also, the New Avengers and Illuminati concepts still leave a bitter taste in my mouth, though the latter was only so bad because of the ridiculous retcon nature of it. Probably give this a pass, but I might check out the first issue. I'd love to know the woman who's going to be joining the cast.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2
    • PLUS: Spider-Man and Mary Jane...REUNITED!
    I love Slott, but if it's not Peter as Spider-Man, having the character with MJ just seems like really bad trolling. (Kind of like Avengers Arena or Lobdell's version of Alpha Flight back in the day -- here's something everyone claims they want and we're going to do it in the worst way possible.)

YOUNG AVENGERS #1
    Legacy isn't a dirty word... but it's an irrelevant one. It's not important what our parents did. It matters what WE do. Someone has to save the world. You're someone. Do the math. The critically acclaimed team of Gillen/McKelvie/Wilson (with added Norton Sauce) decide to reinvent the teen superhero comic for the 21st century, uniting Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye with Loki, Marvel Boy and Ms. America. No pressure. Young Avengers is as NOW! as the air in your lungs, and twice as vital. It's the book that knows Hyperbole is the BEST! THING! EVER!
    Another one I might take a look at, but really not interested in reading about Marvel Boy.

UNCANNY AVENGERS #4
    • Red Skull and his S-Men move forward their take over of New York.
    • A member of the Uncanny Avengers joins the S-Men!
    • When the chips are down, the fight all but lost, one Avenger must rise and face the terrible might of The Omega Skull!
    So does Thor join the S-Men or is that just a fakeout? And more importantly does whoever it is change sides willingly? Honestly, I don't mind seeing anyone but Wanda not on the team.

AVENGERS #3 and 4
    • The birth of the New Adam.
    • On Mars, the Battle between The Avengers and the Garden comes to a dramatic conclusion.
    • The Secret Origin of Hyperion.
    Wonder what New Adam is. Not really pleased by Hyperion joining. He's a Superman analogue. Marvel has far more interesting characters to use than that.

A+X #4
    • Your other two favorite characters fight your favorite villain.
    Wow. That's an extraordinarily unhelpful solicitation...

AVENGERS ARENA #3
    • X-23 vs. ANNIHILATION's Cammi!
    • A mystery opponent vs. AVENGERS ACADEMY's Sentinel!
    • Who is the killer stalking the competitors in their sleep?
    • Plus: Darkhawk equals death!
    Darkhawk equals death? Really? I guess I'll hope he's being killed off, if someone has to be, since he's so far my least favorite character in this title. Still, it'd be nice if they gave us some indication this was more than just a comic version of a snuff film.

FF #3
    • The new FF take to the streets to celebrate 2013! How does the world respond?
    • How do the kids of the Future Foundation feel about these new grown-ups running the show?
    • And what does Scott Lang have in store for Doom? The war begins...
    Another book I'm considering. Will depend on how She-Hulk's used.

IRON MAN #5
    • Will Tony have to betray an old friend?
    Tony constantly betrays his friends. I don't think he even thinks about it anymore. I hope that's not the basis for the story since it's been done endlessly, including as the focus of an entire summer event.

THUNDERBOLTS #3
    • The Thunderbolts are tearing their way through a bloody mission!
    • But will even this crew approve of the team's NEWEST MEMBER?
    • Yeah, that's right—the RED LEADER.
    *rolls eyes* Can we get the real TBolts back?

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ANNUAL #1
    • The spotlight falls on the Vision!
    • It's the return of Sunturion - more powerful and unstable than ever!
    • A major turning point in the life of the android Avenger!
    Gage is always good. Also good is seeing the Vision hasn't been completely forgotten.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #11
    • Spider-Woman is totally safe locked in that box with the parasite-infested Hulk... right?
    • Remember that time Tony Stark said he hated trust falls? You knew that was going to come back. C'mon.
    • ::whistles:: Hanging coffins of the Bo ::whistles::
    • Yun Guang Han's done it--he's infected his Order of the Dragon initiates with next-step evolutionary bacteria and built himself a super-creepy (and kind of gross) army... WITH WHICH TO CONQUER THE WORLD.
    I'm still not really sure what the point of Avengers Assemble is, but I kind of like the last line of this. Seems Avengers-y to me. That said, I have no interest in Spider-Woman I, Hulk or Iron Man. Still, maybe I'll give this a look.

DARK AVENGERS #185 & 186
    • Skaar, Moonstone & Ragnarok go to war with... THE DEADLY DR. STRANGE!
    • "The Witch" Dr. June Covington is turned loose in a Tony Stark's Frankensteinian Laboratory. Her first subject for ‘improvement'? RAGNAROK!
    Issue #186 -
    • U.S. AGENT IS BACK!
    Might get this for the return of USAgent, who I'm a big fan of, but I don't care about any of the other characters.

Couple others I'll probably be getting -- Secret Avengers and Hawkeye -- but really feel like a lot of books are just possibles right now. Not much that I'm sitting here saying I can't wait for this.

New Avengers, that Bryan O'Malley Young Avengers variant, Deadpool, possibly Indestructible Hulk, Daredevil, Deadpool: Killustrated, Fury MAX, Wolverine MAX.

Not one other thing.

Looks like Alpha is getting an ongoing since there is that Alpha 0.1 issue in jan.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm kinda glad, keeps the budget steady.
    I guess I am just too excited about Elektra being back on a book :D

Updated:
    FF #3
    Captain Marvel #9
    Avengers arena #3
    Young Avengers (?) Maybe!

Looks like it'll be an interesting start to 2013. I'm most looking forward to the X-Force books, All New X-men, and Gaurdians of the Galaxy. But I'm still not sold on Superior Spider-Man. The way Slott has been talking about #700 and all the ways fans will hate him for it has me thinking it may be best to avoid this and wait for it to get retconned.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I guess I am just too excited about Elektra being back on a book :D
    Its about time.

So Secret Avengers is the only book ending? X-Men is kind of hinting, and has anything been said about Venom? WatXM is still waiting for the NOW! treatment. What about Astonishing X-Men? That leaves X-Factor as the longest running title? Followed by Astonishing and DD.

Looking forward to All New X-Men and Cable and X-Force (only one issue! thankfully). Going against my experience with Fraction, I am still looking forward to picking up Fantastic Four in trade.

Speaking of trades, anyone else wondering if the timing of new printings of Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants is suggesting some upcoming story lines or events?

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

YOUNG AVENGERS #1
    FF #3
    FANTASTIC FOUR #3
    X-MEN LEGACY #4 & 5
    X-FACTOR #250

Maybe:

AVENGERS: THE ONCE AND FUTURE KANG TPB

Trade Waiting:

Avengers
    New Avengers
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.