Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Either Dr. Death Steve Williams at 10 years or Andre the Giant at 15 years, if you don't count DQs. Bruno Sammartino at 8 years for title reign streaks. Lou Thesz is up there for most match wins in a row with something like 4-900 matches (nobody knows for certain).

Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Tatanka, Sid Vicious, Honky Tonk Man, and Umaga all went 1-2 years for theirs.
    One of these names feels very out of place on this list.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Right. A lot of those major ones started after winning the World Heavyweight Title or at least the US Title. By 1999, Goldberg was facing a lot of the major names even though the streak was over. By that point also, he was having at least ten minute matches at PPV's. Longer matches were with tag teams.
    Konnan, Hennig, & Hall led to the nWo being forced to give Goldberg a shot. He also ran the Flock gauntlet several times before and after his US title win.

Random note: my favorite Jackhammer of all time was on La Parka. He danced and waved as he was being slammed.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    One of these names feels very out of place on this list.
    Then IC Champ Michaels technically ended his streak at WM IX (won via count out so HBK kept the title). He lost on Superstars or Worlwide or whatever the b show was at the time. I think it was to Borga and then Yokazuna came out for a post-match beat down.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Raw did a 2.8, same as last week.
    This is good because no vince was advertised, and it wasn't a 2.5 again, which scared the shit out of vince.
    Because i guess vince doesn't watch sports.

However, i looked it up, they shouldn't be too excited, as next week they face
    lions and bears
    possible game 7 of the baseball
    and final obama/romney debate

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Otunga probably doesn't have to be such a jobber anymore? He's not bad.

Layla made me sad.

LOL, they're chanting USA at Cesasaro...but his opponent is from South Africa. Though, it's easy to forget, when is the last time we heard him talk?
    since when??

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Just as the crowd was actually getting into the Divas match, Layla seemed to lose timing.

Eve really knows what she's doing on that mat.

Just saw a commercial for a Trenton house show: "Ryback vs. CM in a Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship". Kinda makes tonight's announcement seem redundant? Why make it a title match? I think a non-title before a PPV would make much more sense, then you know the challenger actually *could* win.

Does the Three Man Band play any instruments?
    IDK but i think they have officially replaced la familia as the worst heel stable ever. seriously why the fuk would they think slater should have a stable?? i actually like jindrak & drew too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think Miz's bootlace was untied, lol.

BTW ouch! That kick had to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WCW said it was 173 consecutive victories that took place on WCW television, PPVs, and at house shows.

WWE and Goldberg's website have still say it's 173, but they fail to list about 30-40 matches.

Chris Jericho says, "Goldberg would have to have been wrestling a Mexico City ten match a week schedule to even come close to the number of matches they were claiming he won. One week he'd be 42-0 and seven days later he'd be 58-0." I think Kevin Sullivan claims something similar, too. Here's a link to everything televised, and it show him as 64-1.

As far as (and I use this word loosely) the legitimacy of Goldberg's streak, he beat did Raven for the US title and Hogan for the World title. He beat a lot of no-name jobbers & midcard guys like Meng, Glacier (I think he lost 4 times during the streak, 8 times in all), Disco Inferno, Fit Finlay, La Parka, and Hugh Morris but he did have wins over DDP, The Giant, Konnan, Hall, Hennig, and Sting.
    at least the midcarders & jobbers goldberg beat were on the roster, they fed ryback local jobbers that NOBODY had even heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Since we're on the subject what wrestler had the longest undefeated steak?
    rickson by armbar.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    at least the midcarders & jobbers goldberg beat were on the roster, they fed ryback local jobbers that NOBODY had even heard of.

thats the problem i have with wwe's way of showing that new big guys are strong (see kozlov for another example) they beat each week wrestlers that i have never seen on wwe tv before. spanish announcers sometimes try to make excuses for them being in the ring. or try saying that are local talent trying to break into the E or something. but still those are 2 wreslters that nobody (that only watched the E, or not super wrestling fan) knows about.

Some of the people in the crowds may have seen them on the local indies vib, you jerk!

That and it took some proper building before Goldberg was able to be anywhere near the WCW Heavyweight Title picture and before then he had a midcard title run after defeating Raven for the US Title, and feuded with other WCW main eventers before they fed him Hogan
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    That and it took some proper building before Goldberg was able to be anywhere near the WCW Heavyweight Title picture and before then he had a midcard title run after defeating Raven for the US Title, and feuded with other WCW main eventers before they fed him Hogan
    Pretty much this. Goldberg was as unstoppable as Taker at 'Mania by the time he got to Hogan.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Goldberg made his televised debut around October of 1997, I think and he won the World Heavyweight Title in July of 1998. Ryback has had less of a build up. I think it's like less than six months and no other title belt challenge like Goldberg had. This is the first title shot of any sort that he's had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Goldberg made his televised debut around October of 1997, I think and he won the World Heavyweight Title in July of 1998. Ryback has had less of a build up. I think it's like less than six months and no other title belt challenge like Goldberg had. This is the first title shot of any sort that he's had.
    I was going to bring up that the most high profile win he has is over Miz, he hasn't even beaten half of the midcard heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I was going to bring up that the most high profile win he has is over Miz, he hasn't even beaten half of the midcard heels.
    If you don't look at the names of the guys he beat but just name off the accomplishments of the guys he beat it looks more impressive.

He beat two former world heavyweight champions, a former WWE Champion, the former tag team champions in a two on one handicap match, the current intercontenetal champion.

That's probably how the WWE will spin it to pad his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    If you don't look at the names of the guys he beat but just name off the accomplishments of the guys he beat it looks more impressive.

He beat two former world heavyweight champions, a former WWE Champion, the former tag team champions in a two on one handicap match, the current intercontenetal champion.

That's probably how the WWE will spin it to pad his resume.
    IF WWE spins it that way they might as well call us retarded for watching their show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    IF WWE spins it that way they might as well call us retarded for watching their show.
    Not the first time WWE tries to insult the fans intelligence
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck