Page 291 of 334 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5001

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Welcome, to ANGLEMANIA! Sorry, I had to say that. If it was nine matches with Kurt Angle, I would definitely pay for that.

What do you mean by angles?
    It's the end of storylines man, you don't buy it for good matches, you buy it to see the story end, or to see the stars!
    And they aren't a wrestling company, they are an entertainment company, but Entertainmentmania sounds stupid.

Btw, PArt 1 of Lesnar vs HHH> everything the last 2 years.
    Because of blood, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It's the end of storylines man, you don't buy it for good matches, you buy it to see the story end, or to see the stars!
    And they aren't a wrestling company, they are an entertainment company, but Entertainmentmania sounds stupid.
    I read where Vince McMahon is planning on ending the rivalry between John Cena and CM Punk though, maybe with the match tonight. I think this was the perfect match to end their story but I do understand that ending the story with The Rock is more important to the actual business. I know, I keep on forgetting. Especially after matches like tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to take the Wrestling out of WWE and make it World Wide Entertainment.

Any match with Brock Lesnar involves blood. Well, at least when he fought John Cena before and at Extreme Rules. I don't think at SummerSlam 2012 though when he faced against Triple H. That amount of blood is much different than The Rock spitting out a small amount of blood while adding that he has internal bleeding. This is just head bashing that cuts them open good.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I read where Vince McMahon is planning on ending the rivalry between John Cena and CM Punk though, maybe with the match tonight. I think this was the perfect match to end their story but I do understand that ending the story with The Rock is more important to the actual business. I know, I keep on forgetting. Especially after matches like tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to take the Wrestling out of WWE and make it World Wide Entertainment.

Any match with Brock Lesnar involves blood. Well, at least when he fought John Cena before and at Extreme Rules. I don't think at SummerSlam 2012 though when he faced against Triple H. That amount of blood is much different than The Rock spitting out a small amount of blood while adding that he has internal bleeding. This is just head bashing that cuts them open good.
    Rock and John Cena helps business for the lead in to mania and mania itself and nothing else.
    But hey, 2 months and a giant buyrate is better than nothing.

Sold me on the feud than a promo would.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Sold me on the feud than a promo would.
    HHH has issue with a guy, HHH cuts the guys head open, guy is not treated as a bitch, he walks away, but does so smiling with blood pouring down his face.
    WIN.
    That is how you build a pro wrestling match.
    How you don't build a pro wrestling match?
    Have a guys manager cut a promo about immigration.

Posted in: WWE
    Brock Lesnar Gets Stitches Backstage at Tonight's RAW
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 25, 2013 - 9:47:31 PM

- As seen in the opening RAW segment tonight with Triple H and Brock Lesnar, Lesnar was busted open after a shot into the ring post.

Lesnar received twelve staples to close the wound backstage. He is now walking around backstage telling everyone is he completely fine.
    Source: PWInsider
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...0jvxbzl0bKZ.99

Fandango's WWE TV Debut Confirmed, Foley Comments on Trump's HOF Video Package
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 25, 2013 - 9:24:05 PM

- It was announced on Monday's RAW that Fandango is scheduled to make his debut on this week’s SmackDown.

- Mick Foley commented on Donald Trump's video package on shown on Monday's RAW via Twitter:

"I believe I've been #TRUMPED! The Donald's video took up more airtime than Foley/Backlund/Stratus/Bruno promos combined!"

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...PWPZyG7uUOO.99

WWE Stars Tweet About The John Cena vs. CM Punk Match From RAW
    By Michael Bluth
    Feb 25, 2013 - 11:24:08 PM

John Cena's match against CM Punk at the end of Monday's WWE RAW is getting rave reviews. Here's what the wrestling world was tweeting about the match:

Lance Storm: Since I don't get PPVs this may be the best John Cena match I've ever seen. #RAW

The Usos: Hell of main event match right there!!!! #Raw

David Otunga: Wow! Power bomb, Pile Driver, and hurricanrana?! Awesome match! @WWE @WWEUniverse #RAW #WWEDALLAS

Ezekiel Jackson: Matches like these remind me why I'm a fan... #RAW #WWEDALLAS

Shane Helms: Hellova match!!!! Props to both @JohnCena and @CMPunk I love great wresting, sue me.

Tamina Snuka: #WWERaw #WWEDallas That Cena and Punk Match was Absolutely Amazing #GooseBumps

Joey Styes: @JohnCena vs @CMPunk on @WWE #RAW was @WrestleMania Main Event quality! Both are future Hall of Famers #instantclassic

Matt Striker: A frankensteiner to disorient n then an AA...Wow.... Cena has to have silenced his critics...

Vickie Guerrero: @JohnCena and @CMPunk great match. I watched as s fan and have much respect for both men. #wwe. #mania

Aksana: Wow!!!! AMAZING match!!! Congratulation @JohnCena!

Iron Sheik: CM Punk Iron Sheik class

Mick Foley: You almost want to see @CMPunk & @JohnCena shake hands after a match like that. Really raises the bar for @TheRock at #Wrestlemania

Tyson Kidd: That match was even better than I thought it'd be. WrestleMania season #PunkVsCena

Scott Armstrong: That match was worth waiting for! Hats off to @CMPunk and @JohnCena. Thank You both!!!

Howard Finkel: Two consummate professionals.... @JohnCena and @CMPunk What a fantastic match tonight on Raw between these two....Kudos to both!!

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...cFzOwo30My1.99

WWE Releases Video of Michael Cole Trying to Get Interview with Glenn Beck
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 25, 2013 - 9:41:34 PM

- WWE issued the following during RAW tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ycn6GDa4PDk

GLENN BECK HIDES FROM WWE®

STAMFORD, Conn., February 25, 2013 – Glenn Beck declined WWE’s invitation to address our fans live on Raw® tonight and then hid from WWE reporters when approached this evening at his studios in Dallas. WWE attempted to get comment from Beck but was unable to gain building access after Beck’s representatives said he was “not in the building,” which clearly couldn’t be the case just prior to his show airing live from the same studio.

Beck referenced WWE as “stupid wrestling people” in a segment that aired on TheBlaze TV last week, criticizing a recent WWE storyline involving WWE characters World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio™, Jack Swagger™ and Zeb Colter™.

Similar to other television shows and feature films, WWE is in the entertainment business, creating fictional characters that serve as protagonists or antagonists. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines.

WWE is creating a rivalry centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view. This storyline was developed to build the Mexican American character Del Rio into a hero given WWE’s large Latino base, which represents 20 percent of our audience.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...883Ciu2V2VY.99

Triple H's Tout Video Following Lesnar Brawl, Zack Ryder Pokes More Fun at Himself
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 26, 2013 - 12:50:30 AM

- Below is Triple H's Tout video following his altercation with Brock Lesnar on Monday's RAW:

- Zack Ryder continued to poke fun at his current status with WWE via Twitter:

"Hey @RealJackSwagger…the reason Americans are out of jobs is because I've been doing them all. #sevenfigurejobguy"
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...KZqcsz7g54O.99

WWE Hall of Famer Confirmed for Next Week's Old School RAW, Promo Video for Next Week
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 26, 2013 - 12:52:19 AM

- Below is the promo video for next week's old school themed RAW:

- WWE Hall of Famer "Mean" Gene Okerlund announced on Twitter that he will be appearing on next week's old school themed RAW:

"Have some patience with me, still learning this Twitter thing. See you all next Monday in Buffalo for some old school RAW. GO"
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...J77KgRrzCWp.99
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-26-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

I almost want to say the match shouldn't have gone on as long and featured as much, because if people remember it, the rock/cena match can't live up to it.
    But we got over a month, so im sure people will forget.

Unrelated to a good match, the prime time players were defeated by a blind guy and a one armed man.
    Building the division!

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Not that it's anything that hasn't already been said, but Punk vs. Cena was maybe the best match I've ever seen on TV. I thought for sure WWE would weasel out of a clean finish, so I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't.

The rest of the show felt storyline-based, which was fine when it was HHH and Brock. And the surprise RKO at the end of Orton vs. Cesaro was great, but I didn't care for how short that match was. I guess Orton has to beat someone, though. Zeb is doing a good job with what he's being given, but the dynamic is all off between ADR and Swagger. I know it's a Tea Party thing, but in my experience, there is no one who hates illegal immigrants more than legal immigrants. The people who have come to America and jumped through all the hoops hate the people who have taken shortcuts to get here more than any "patriot" could hope to muster. ADR got here legit, on a work visa, and I think he should be angrier than Zeb at the things that Zeb is targeting. So although everyone involved is playing their role fairly well, the logic that I'd hope to see isn't really there.

Random thoughts about last night's RAW:

Even though it was unintentional, the back of Lesnar's head getting split open and all that blood added to the intensity of that dust-up by about 1000%.

R-Truth vs. Damien Sandow at WrestleMania? What a waste of Sandow.

Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania? Yes please.

Miz TV segment was a waste of time.

Orton had twetted over the weekend about how inspiring it was to watch 'Taker back in action, so I was kind of surprised he wasn't there in person for RAW.

For a moment I was thinking they were leading to a 'Taker vs. The Shield at WrestleMania.

Cena vs. Punk was a PPV quality match.

If it is going to be 'Taker vs. Punk at WrestleMania they've already botched it by not having it be streak vs. streak.

WWE Star Debuts New Gear, RAW Crew Beat Up After Recent Tour, Update on The Rock's Snitch
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 26, 2013 - 7:23:13 AM

- As noted, Tensai and Brodus Clay vs. Primo and Epico was taped for WWE Superstars before last night's RAW. According to a fan in attendance, Tensai debuted new ring gear.

- The Rock's "Snitch" ended up earning $13 million at the box office on opening weekend.

- PWInsider reports that the RAW crew is really tired and beat up from the Middle East tour over the weekend. A lot of them are looking forward to returning home and resting up this week.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...E7P2hBtGCfl.99

Darren Young Works RAW Despite Reports, Reigns Comments on Orton, Mean Gene Okerlund
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 26, 2013 - 7:47:50 AM

- Roman Reigns tweeted the following about Randy Orton after last night's RAW:

"@RandyOrton strikes fast, but The Shield always hits last. Due time we're going to skin The Viper. #ShieldBringsTheSword #BelieveInTheShield"

- As noted last night, WWE Legend "Mean" Gene Okerlund confirmed via Twitter that he will be on next week's old school RAW. Okerlund has just joined Twitter at @TheGeneOkerlund.

- It was recently reported by two sources, PWInsider and Wrestling Observer, that Darren Young would be out of action for up to 8 months with a knee injury. Young worked last night's WWE RAW and appeared to be fine. He tweeted after the show:

"#DYoung out of action? #aintnobodygottimeforthat @WWE #RAW #millionsofdollars"
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...5wETR8ZTjSZ.99

Cole Comments on Glenn Beck, How Many Staples Did Lesnar Get?, Cena Meets Wish Kids
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 26, 2013 - 8:06:21 AM

- John Cena met with Circle of Champions honorees Brandon and Azariah before the recent WWE Elimination Chambers pay-per-view in New Orleans. Here Cena is with 12 year old Brandon and his family:

- Michael Cole says he hops to get a response from Glenn Beck one day. Cole tweeted:

"Thanks to all in wwe universe who appreciated my "attempted" interview with @glennbeck. Hopefully one day he will respond"

- It was reported last night that Brock Lesnar received 12 staples backstage at RAW to close the wound he received during the brawl with Triple H. WWE's report states that Lesnar needed 18 staples to close the wound.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...PAvyw8BFf66.99

Vince Upset During RAW Main Event, Flair Returning to WWE TV, Another Fandango Vignette
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 26, 2013 - 8:50:43 AM

- Below is WWE's latest promo for Fandango. The woman dancing with him may be the one debuting with him on WWE TV this week that we wrote about earlier.

- Ric Flair is expected back on WWE TV sometime in the next few weeks.

- Vince McMahon reportedly "blew a gasket" backstage at RAW last night during the CM Punk vs. John Cena main event. Word is that Vince got upset when Punk hit Cena with a piledriver, which is a banned move when done the way Punk did it. Vince was upset with Cena and Punk but because it was them, there will likely be no serious punishment.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...pgqgMXya2I8.99
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Cena is good as long as he cares about the match. I thought his match last year against the Rock was pretty meh because he seemed annoyed he was going to job to the Rock. I hate it when he gives a smirk here or there when wrestling. It's like breaking the 4th wall.

I wonder if that thing about Vince is true, since he did do a non tombstoney piledriver on the dude in the main event.

The match last year was meh because Rock was gasping for breath about 5 minutes in. Never saw a guy so out of shape for such a big match. I think he realized this though and spent a year training