Page 243 of 334 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5001

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    When Lesnar came back the first Monday after RAW last year I immediately thought, okay, there's Cena's opponent for WM next year. Then I thought it would be Lesnar vs. 'Taker; now it appears it will be Lesnar vs. HHH. I guess the thought is that having HHH getting his revenge on Lesnar for breaking his arm/hurting Vince, blah blah blah is good for business (and satisfy HHH's alleged ego?).
    I don't really want to get started on Triple H. I feel that him and Kevin Nash completely ruined and cut off CM Punk's momentum at SummerSlam 2011 after Money in the Bank 2011 just to create their own story line. CM Punk wasn't able to get away from that story line though until Survivor Series 2011 and then finally started up his momentum again.

The only bad thing with the Triple H/Brock Lesnar match was that Hunter had no resentment after the match at Summerslam 2012. I know he was meant to look broken but we'll see what happens now with his feud with Brock Lesnar after what he did to Vince McMahon which pretty much reignited it. They need to start repeating promos on how dangerous Brock Lesnar is though since he broke HBK, Triple H (twice) and now Vince McMahon. I hope HBK comes back to be in Triple H's corner at Wrestlemania XXIX.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Vince thought long term this year, Punk keeps the belt and wrestle rock, then rock wrestles cena.
    But in general, no. Mania makes a lot of money, that entire quarter makes money because of mania and nothing else. They have already sold 12 million worth of tickets...thats tickets, for mania. No merch, no access, no hall of fame, just mania.
    I will admit that Vince McMahon thought long term since Raw 1,000. Maybe just to see what The Rock's schedule would be during the first quarter of 2013.

Twelve millions dollars worth just for tickets? Damn, that's insane. It's not even sold out yet, is it? I mean I'm sure the tickets that are still available are the nosebleed seats but they're still worth money.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Twelve millions dollars worth just for tickets? Damn, that's insane. It's not even sold out yet, is it? I mean I'm sure the tickets that are still available are the nosebleed seats but they're still worth money.
    most likely...and then once you count in PPV buys and merch...its what one would call a "metric f**kton" of money
    Support your local roller derby league

I will admit that Vince McMahon thought long term since Raw 1,000. Maybe just to see what The Rock's schedule would be during the first quarter of 2013.

They are charging more this year because of where it is, that's the all time wrestling gate, i beleive it's higher than the all time mma gate, and it's really close to the all time boxing gate.

If 'Taker isn't going to compete at WM this year, would it be "good for business" (see what I did there?) to have Lesnar "end the streak" by "hurting" (man, I love quotation marks, and parentheses) 'Taker beforehand? In that way 'Taker's streak is protected, Lesnar gets more heat than previously imagined, and HHH gets to come back and not only defend his father in-law, but the greatest professional wrestler of all time (who stole the show with him at last year's WM)?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    most likely...and then once you count in PPV buys and merch...its what one would call a "metric f**kton" of money
    And dvd sales, mania is their highest selling dvd of the year.
    Just for a for instance, lets say they do 1.3 million buys, and since i dunno how many get the hd and the standard, price it as 50 even for fairness.
    Now, the ppv companies get 50% of this, but that comes out too just under 33 million.
    So, all in all, that's minimum 50 million for 1 show. That's a massive takehome for 1 day.

If 'Taker isn't going to compete at WM this year, would it be "good for business" (see what I did there?) to have Lesnar "end the streak" by "hurting" (man, I love quotation marks, and parentheses) 'Taker beforehand? In that way 'Taker's streak is protected, Lesnar gets more heat than previously imagined, and HHH gets to come back and not only defend his father in-law, but the greatest professional wrestler of all time (who stole the show with him at last year's WM)?
    If i was going to do, since Lesnar is in for 2 more years, i would have him win every match this year, beat taker next year, win 2 more matches and then not lose until mania.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Did he lose more big matches clean when he was a face or a heel?
    heel of course.

THIS....1000x THIS

this isn't the 70s and 80s where the champ (Hogan) could get away with wrestling once maybe twice a month and just grace us with his presence and thats ok

Im a huge believer in being a fighting champion
    the difference is those other things are built on the foundation of writing and preparing material

wrestling (well WWE, WCW,) didn't have "writers" before the late 80s/early 90s
    interesting.

1.) Not that I'm trying to say that you're incorrect but I honestly don't know if Dwayne Johnson's schedule is that crazy considering that every movie he is in that's schedule to come out this year is completed, at least for his part in the movie. All of those movies are in post-production. I used his name on purpose because he's not advertised as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson when it comes to most of his movies. Also, even though that it is great that he shows up almost every Monday Night Raw and a few Smackdowns, how impressive is it really? He doesn't wrestle. He shows up, does a promo, entertains the crowd and then leaves. I can't deny that he deserves the respect for doing this but I honestly don't believe that it's too much trouble for him having some free time on Monday and Tuesday nights.
    there's more to being an actor/leading man than that though, his career doesn't just end once the movie wraps. he still has to promote the movies,plus look & audition for future roles all of which require travel. couple that with the fact that RAW is always in different places it's not as simple as just having some free time on monday and tuesday nights.

2.) I highly doubt that he is one of the top twenty famous entertainers in the entire world. In the Western Hemisphere, possibly. You have to think of music performers, they take an insane amount of that list. I agree with you for the most part of the rest of your comment.

3.) This makes me slap my forehead with the palm of my hand. Mostly because I was actually the one, along with another member, that started discussing about this. There was no accusation that The Rock reads cue cards while he is in the ring. I stated that he read cue cards during his promo at the Royal Rumble, which happened to take place backstage. Pretty soon, I'm sure people will start thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if I think The Rock has such great vision he can read the cue cards that are next to the ring while he's backstage dropping a deuce.
    I agree that The Rock SHOULD be a fighting champion but there would be no importance, or even profit, if he wrestled on Monday Night Raw compared to waiting to see him wrestle at a pay-per-view when it comes to business. And truthfully, that is a main reason why The Rock is even WWE Champion in the first place, it's best for business.
    also not really worth the risk of injury & ruining the planned main event. i think showing up, doing a promo, and hitting or getting hit with a finisher is enough really. imagine how stupid they feel if rock got injured squashing 3MB on RAW.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

In the long term I just don't agree that having the Rock as champion is good business, I can't suspend my disbelief that far. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's better business when your champion is out busting his ass at house shows in secondary and third level markets because (again, to me) that's what not only builds, but sustains consumer/fan loyalty. I currently live in Cape Coral Florida (SW Fl,/Ft. Myers), and the E has come here on average two times a year since I moved here six years ago. I started taking my fiancee and step-daughter to these house shows, and let me tell you, CM Punk has worked his ass off at every one of them, and I appreciate that; same reason why I support Cena, Ziggler, Christian, Kane, Miz. It didn't seem to matter to these guys that there were no cameras, they came out and worked hard.

If I'm going to spend my hard earned money on a professional wrestling show, I want to see the guys I see on TV every week, and I know there's just no way in hell The Rock is coming to a Ft. Myers house show.
    cool man cool
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

I agree that The Rock SHOULD be a fighting champion but there would be no importance, or even profit, if he wrestled on Monday Night Raw compared to waiting to see him wrestle at a pay-per-view when it comes to business. And truthfully, that is a main reason why The Rock is even WWE Champion in the first place, it's best for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    also not really worth the risk of injury & ruining the planned main event. i think showing up, doing a promo, and hitting or getting hit with a finisher is enough really. imagine how stupid they feel if rock got injured squashing 3MB on RAW.
    Makes sense, but I disagree. Once in a while you should toss some freebies at fans, it keeps them interested. If I know WWE's saving everything up for the PPV, then this means they're not going to break out their good stuff on Raw, which means Raw's skippable. And if I skip Raw this week and skip Raw the next week, I might well forget that the PPV is this Sunday.

If your champ gets injured, yeah, that sucks and you have to change plans around but it happens. I'd think that falls more in line with it being a sport where sometimes the star pitcher DOES get injured and ideally that's why you have more than one ready to go.

there's more to being an actor/leading man than that though, his career doesn't just end once the movie wraps. he still has to promote the movies,plus look & audition for future roles all of which require travel. couple that with the fact that RAW is always in different places it's not as simple as just having some free time on monday and tuesday nights.
    Not that I'm saying you're wrong but I believe the role of his agent has a lot to do with that, also. I'm not really sure how many roles he's had to audition for where they turned him down. Not that I'm saying he hasn't had to prove his acting abilities during the audition, it's just not that much of a question on whether or not you want somebody who will make you money to be in your movie. I believe it was Vin Diesel who helped him get the role in Fast Five. The only future movie that he has booked is Hercules, which he's actually leaving right after Wrestlemania XXIX to film.

As for the promoting he does for his films, I haven't seen anything recently. I'm hoping that one of the main points of having him hold the WWE Title around was to promote the WWE and Wrestlemania XXIX during his run down the carpet during premieres. Do they have the actors walk down a carpet at the premieres? Eh, it doesn't matter. Well, that of course is the fact that he's only going to be having two movies released during the time he's with WWE. I'm just surprised he hasn't been on any talk shows to promote Snitch. Although I wouldn't be surprised to find out that promoting during Monday Night Raw and Smackdown is catching more viewers than he would by going on Jimmy Kimmel Live or Conan.

I don't think WWE Brass would even feel comfortable putting The Rock in with 3MB. Especially after The Miz, who should be an experienced in-ring wrestler by now, dropped CM Punk the wrong way during a Live Event a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Makes sense, but I disagree. Once in a while you should toss some freebies at fans, it keeps them interested. If I know WWE's saving everything up for the PPV, then this means they're not going to break out their good stuff on Raw, which means Raw's skippable. And if I skip Raw this week and skip Raw the next week, I might well forget that the PPV is this Sunday.

If your champ gets injured, yeah, that sucks and you have to change plans around but it happens. I'd think that falls more in line with it being a sport where sometimes the star pitcher DOES get injured and ideally that's why you have more than one ready to go.
    It depends on what you believe is the good stuff. I think WWE Brass has done a great job at making interesting matches for the WWE Superstars at the Elimination Chamber, especially for the regular fans. Then having CM Punk take The Rock's belt is a great way to hype up the pay-per-view.

It really won't help to compare what WWE Brass is doing with The Rock to anything, he is one of their top assets and they don't want to ruin that. I'm not too knowledgeable about baseball but I'm sure the fans watch for their team rather that just the pitcher. When it comes to WWE, people have been recently watching it specifically to watch The Rock. If they lose him, they lose their viewers and that's something they can't risk. I can't stand The Rock character and I've expressed my opinions on how much of a joke it is for him to be champion but for short term, which is the key phrase that I have attached myself to, is that it's good for business and I've come to accept it for what it is. Well, also, I'm really looking forward for him to potentially drop the WWE Title to the top WWE Superstar; John Cena. I'm pretty much the only person on this forum who is looking forward to that though.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post

i think the risk vs reward on that freebie is a very onesided match up. while i'd enjoy seeing the rock wrestle on RAW i understand why he doesn't.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong but I believe the role of his agent has a lot to do with that, also. I'm not really sure how many roles he's had to audition for where they turned him down. Not that I'm saying he hasn't had to prove his acting abilities during the audition, it's just not that much of a question on whether or not you want somebody who will make you money to be in your movie. I believe it was Vin Diesel who helped him get the role in Fast Five. The only future movie that he has booked is Hercules, which he's actually leaving right after Wrestlemania XXIX to film.
    i'm pretty sure he also has some show he's hosting coming out soon. if you check the guys schedule i think you might be surprised how busy he stays.

As for the promoting he does for his films, I haven't seen anything recently. I'm hoping that one of the main points of having him hold the WWE Title around was to promote the WWE and Wrestlemania XXIX during his run down the carpet during premieres. Do they have the actors walk down a carpet at the premieres? Eh, it doesn't matter. Well, that of course is the fact that he's only going to be having two movies released during the time he's with WWE. I'm just surprised he hasn't been on any talk shows to promote Snitch. Although I wouldn't be surprised to find out that promoting during Monday Night Raw and Smackdown is catching more viewers than he would by going on Jimmy Kimmel Live or Conan.
    only 2 movies??

I don't think WWE Brass would even feel comfortable putting The Rock in with 3MB. Especially after The Miz, who should be an experienced in-ring wrestler by now, dropped CM Punk the wrong way during a Live Event a few days ago.
    hell they put bret in with slater. i wouldn't be too hard on miz, shit happens. punk almost dropped rock on his head because he wasn't strong enough to get him up for that hang up spot on the barrier. shit happens.

It depends on what you believe is the good stuff. I think WWE Brass has done a great job at making interesting matches for the WWE Superstars at the Elimination Chamber, especially for the regular fans. Then having CM Punk take The Rock's belt is a great way to hype up the pay-per-view.

It really won't help to compare what WWE Brass is doing with The Rock to anything, he is one of their top assets and they don't want to ruin that. I'm not too knowledgeable about baseball but I'm sure the fans watch for their team rather that just the pitcher. When it comes to WWE, people have been recently watching it specifically to watch The Rock. If they lose him, they lose their viewers and that's something they can't risk. I can't stand The Rock character and I've expressed my opinions on how much of a joke it is for him to be champion but for short term, which is the key phrase that I have attached myself to, is that it's good for business and I've come to accept it for what it is. Well, also, I'm really looking forward for him to potentially drop the WWE Title to the top WWE Superstar; John Cena. I'm pretty much the only person on this forum who is looking forward to that though.
    i'm with you. i'm not a big fan of cena's character but i've always enjoyed him as a wrestler and think he's become a great wrestler over the years. i like rock too and look forward to cena getting the win and hopefully the rock finally shows him respect post match. i think that will be a great moment, even the jackoff fans shit on it.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

i'm pretty sure he also has some show he's hosting coming out soon. if you check the guys schedule i think you might be surprised how busy he stays.
    Well not that I'm trying to compare apples to oranges but so does Chris Jericho; Robot Combat League. It looks pretty awesome, actually. He's also even leaving for a week to tour in Australia for his music band, I think either next week or the week after. I'm not taking anything away from Dwayne Johnson and his schedule, I'm just saying that currently, at the moment, I don't feel his schedule is that hectic. I'm sure when Wrestlemania XXIX is over, his schedule will be insane so I hope he's taking this time to relax, stay home, rest up and give us decent matches at Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania XXIX.

only 2 movies??
    Well considering that he only had one movie come out last year, he was working that entire year for all the films that are scheduled to come out this year. G.I. Joe was supposed to come out last year but they had to re-shoot a few scenes and then bring Channing Tatum back from the dead. Then Dwayne's new movie that's coming out soon, Snitch, was done filming in January 2012. It's impressive that he's having so many movies come out in one year but it would be different if he had to do anything other than show up at the premieres and promote the movie, at least for the ones that are scheduled to be released during his time with WWE. That's why I think The Rock is able to make so much time for the WWE and it not being that much of a hassle for him to show up on Monday nights and then a couple of weeks on Tuesday.

hell they put bret in with slater. i wouldn't be too hard on miz, shit happens. punk almost dropped rock on his head because he wasn't strong enough to get him up for that hang up spot on the barrier. shit happens.
    I'm not trying to be too harsh on The Miz, especially since Antonio Cesaro bitch whipped the the day after, but it may create tension between him and WWE Superstars who have to wrestle with him. The Miz is lucky he didn't do that to Randy Orton, look what happened with Mr. Anderson. Everything that happens inside that ring comes down to trust. I think shit happens would be the perfect phrase to use on why not to have The Rock wrestle on Monday Night Raw.

Well, at least in my opinion, The Rock should have jumped/propelled himself up to help CM Punk put him over the barrier, he did the second time CM Punk attempted it. Each WWE Superstar is supposed to help the other out to make them look good. For example; Big Show holds on tight to Sheamus during White Noise. It was pretty much CM Punk lifting 260 lbs of dead weight in an awkward position the first time, which I'm sure many WWE Superstars wouldn't be able to do.

i'm with you. i'm not a big fan of cena's character but i've always enjoyed him as a wrestler and think he's become a great wrestler over the years. i like rock too and look forward to cena getting the win and hopefully the rock finally shows him respect post match. i think that will be a great moment, even the jackoff fans shit on it.
    I believe that this match needs to come down to respect for John Cena by the end of it. The past two matches weren't. Survivor Series 2011 was pretty much disrespect to the top WWE Superstar and Wrestlemania XXVIII was pretty much respect for one man who has finally come home.

Since Raw rating was down, and since it was down after Rock's third appearance last year, i'd suggest Rock being Rock only has people interested for so long, that's the main reason i wouldn't let him wrestle on tv.

Posted in: WWE
    MMA Fighter Reveals Angle for Tomorrow Night's RAW, Marching Band Performing?
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 17, 2013 - 7:01:09 PM

- MMA fighter Gil Guillory, who is based out of Lafayette, posted the following on his Facebook, indicating that WWE has a big celebration planned for tomorrow night's RAW from Lafayette, Louisiana:

"Ok friends I know this sounds weird but the WWE is coming to Lafayette tomorrow night and they've asked me to help them find a Mardi gras float for the TV show tomorrow night. I need a few of them. Let me know if you have a float and can send me pics for them to see. Thanks guys."

There is also a rumor that the marching band from the University of Lafayette will be performing with The Rock tomorrow night.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...m4MWP88BFTF.99

Posted in: WWE
    News for Tonight's WWE RAW - The Road to WrestleMania 29, McMahon and Heyman, More
    By Marc Middleton
    Feb 18, 2013 - 8:05:40 AM

- Tonight's WWE RAW takes place from the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana with the fallout from Elimination Chamber.

No matches have been announced for tonight but there's a rumored celebration with The Rock with a marching band and Mardi Gras parade floats. Another likely segment for tonight is Vince McMahon revealing his punishment for Paul Heyman after allowing Heyman to have the stipulation for CM Punk vs. The Rock. Ryback and John Cena vs. Punk and Dolph Ziggler is being advertised locally for tonight.

WWE is focusing on the following points for tonight's show:

* What will CM Punk do to get back to the top?

* How will Ryback respond to getting pinned by The Shield?

* How will Jack Swagger kick off his WrestleMania journey?

* Will Dolph Ziggler look to cash in before WrestleMania?

* Who wants the victory more in the biggest rematch in history - The Rock or John Cena?

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...Oqw61hvqOoV.99
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-18-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt