Page 182 of 334 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 5001

I watched my first full episode of RAW (the most recent one) in probably more than a decade, last night.

What. The. Fuck?

I know in-ring promos and backstage stuff is nothing new, but I reckon we would have been lucky to get 3/4 of an hour of actual wrestling in a 2 1/4 hour show. Half of what was left was some shrill harpy screeching "EXCUSE ME!!! EXCUSE ME!!" over and over again at the top of her lungs. I mean, it's great that they're looking after her and have found work for her after her husband passed away while in the employ of the company, but does it have to be where we have to look at/listen to her? Still, at lest we don't have to put up with various members of the McMahon family taking up 2/3 of the total screen time in any given show, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

It was nice to see so much of CM Punk on this week's show. I like the guy, although his latest heel turn isn't really working for me. He went over much better when he was attacking the company rather than the audience, but I guess the fragile egos backstage couldn't handle that. One question, though - does he do any actual wrestling?

I enjoyed Cena's promo. Is he always like that? That was some crazy stuff.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I watched my first full episode of RAW (the most recent one) in probably more than a decade, last night.

What. The. Fuck?

I know in-ring promos and backstage stuff is nothing new, but I reckon we would have been lucky to get 3/4 of an hour of actual wrestling in a 2 1/4 hour show. Half of what was left was some shrill harpy screeching "EXCUSE ME!!! EXCUSE ME!!" over and over again at the top of her lungs. I mean, it's great that they're looking after her and have found work for her after her husband passed away while in the employ of the company, but does it have to be where we have to look at/listen to her? Still, at lest we don't have to put up with various members of the McMahon family taking up 2/3 of the total screen time in any given show, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

It was nice to see so much of CM Punk on this week's show. I like the guy, although his latest heel turn isn't really working for me. He went over much better when he was attacking the company rather than the audience, but I guess the fragile egos backstage couldn't handle that. One question, though - does he do any actual wrestling?

I enjoyed Cena's promo. Is he always like that? That was some crazy stuff.
    You might be the only person who liked that Cena promo.
    The general consensus was "Bizare"
    Punk does wrestler, he beat a fat guy last week in a squash, but he just got over an injury and has the big match with Rock Sunday so they were probably just saved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You might be the only person who liked that Cena promo.
    The general consensus was "Bizare"
    I agree it was bizarre, but it entertained me a hell of a lot more than pretty much any of the non-wrestling stuff.

Punk does wrestler, he beat a fat guy last week in a squash, but he just got over an injury and has the big match with Rock Sunday so they were probably just saved him.
    Fair enough.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

More than a decade, you missed a lot.
    If you happen to start watching again i suppose now would be the time, since mania season is usualy when it gets good.

I agree it was bizarre, but it entertained me a hell of a lot more than pretty much any of the non-wrestling stuff.
    It was better than The Rock's promo that's for sure. Yes it was Cena in a clichéd Cena promo fashion but it wasn't painful as The Rock's "I have a dream" promo
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It was better than The Rock's promo that's for sure. Yes it was Cena in a clichéd Cena promo fashion but it wasn't painful as The Rock's "I have a dream" promo
    Punk had a point with the "tired old schtick" jibe.

More than a decade, you missed a lot.
    If you happen to start watching again i suppose now would be the time, since mania season is usualy when it gets good.
    I'll check out Royal Rumble. Who knows? I might get lucky and see some actual wrestling!

I'll check out Royal Rumble. Who knows? I might get lucky and see some actual wrestling!
    I imagine you will see lots of wrestling, WWE ppvs are still good.
    Out of curiosity, do you get it free being in australia?
    I know england gets a lot of the ppvs we pay for free for whatever reason, but i don't think it's all of them.

I know england gets a lot of the ppvs we pay for free for whatever reason, but i don't think it's all of them.
    (cries) I used to get them free (1 week after it aired lived) but suddently someone (I suspect wwe) decided no more free PPV.

We don't even get RAW or Smackdown for free over here. They're carried on one of the cable channels. PPVs we have to pay extra for.

Of course, where there's a will, there's a way...

same with me. Thanks to their decision. I found that there are other ways to watch live PPV...that some may consider....unnatural.

Oh! I almost forgot! Half the matches they did show were interrupted by goddamn commercial breaks! What the hell is that?!

Oh! I almost forgot! Half the matches they did show were interrupted by goddamn commercial breaks! What the hell is that?!
    Had to have time for the promos, go home shows are really heavy on talk.
    I can't watch WWE by illegal means live anymore, stream quality almost always sucks,
    Ill download it if i don;t buy it though, just means i have to stay off wrestlign sites all night.

"Go home shows"?

We don't even get RAW or Smackdown for free over here. They're carried on one of the cable channels. PPVs we have to pay extra for.

I can help you out with that if you would like.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!