Page 180 of 334 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 5001

that Figure-4 video is almost NSFW hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I used to put my brother in the sharpshooter but never tried the figure four, maybe it's hard to do.
    It dosn't look hard...but Flairs been doing it 30 years.
    One would think Miz would have practised before raw.
    The figure four is easy to do but it depends where you put your opponent's leg. If it's below their other leg's knee, then it won't hurt that much. If you put it above the knee, it is one of the most painful professional wrestling moves ever and could seriously mess up your knee. Even if the person rolls over to "counter" the hold, it hurts even worse. That's why I always thought it was stupid to have a counter to it.

Quote Originally Posted by guest81 View Post
    The whole "passing the torch" schitck is seriously some of the dumbest stuff I've herd. �All "passing the torch" is is another angle. �There is no reason for the Rock to pass any torch. �The WWE is a business that wants to make the most money as it can. �People will give more money to see the Rock then anyone else out there. �Bottom line
    That's because he still has the torch. As long as The Rock has "it" (I'm referring to the torch) then he'll just be like a drug for the WWE Universe. He does his shtick for everybody and then he goes away leaving a bad after taste in the WWE because the guy who is the Main Event of everything leaves and has the lower card WWE Superstars try to Main Event when everybody wants The Rock back. Then when he does come back, it doesn't matter who he's against, they want him to win. Even though The Rock made WWE a butt load of money last year, it had no positive long term effects. People complain about Super Cena when The Rock is able to get away with it because 90% of the WWE Universe wants to see him win. As long as the people want that and The Rock never loses, they will never accept anybody as the next generation top WWE Superstar. Even though many people really don't like John Cena, he could have been seen as somebody who was having the company on his back since 2005. He lost all of that by losing to The Rock last year at Wrestlemania XXVIII. John Cena can be seen as holding the company on his back but anytime The Rock comes back, it all falls off. Until The Rock loses, and not just loses because he has to leave again, and shows the WWE Superstar that he put over respect, WWE can't move forward. At the end of their match at Wrestlemania X8, Hulk Hogan lifted The Rock's arm up in victory and pointed at him. I understand your opinion on how you feel the entire passing the torch segment is dumb but that was the moment Hulk Hogan passed the torch to The Rock.

Passing the torch doesn't happen when one guy has been on top for the last 6 years and he is getting the torch passed to him in his 7th year at the top when the other guy left 10 years ago.
    Warrior beating Hogan was suppose to be passing the torch, until the next ppv when Hogan main evented.
    Hulk Hogan left WWF/E in what, 1994-ish? He didn't come back until 2002. That's almost ten years. (I'm disregarding WCW because it's not like he would have been able to pass the torch when the company went down the toilet) The Rock was pretty much one of the top WWF/E Superstars along with Stone Cold and Triple H for a few years by the time Hulk Hogan came back. So really, it's the same thing. (Even though The Rock left a little more than a year later.) The entire thing with Ultimate Warrior was because WWF Brass thought he would have been the next big star of the 1990's. The "passing the torch" in WWE really shouldn't be considered as somebody who loses to a potential WWE Superstar but rather one who has proven that he his the top WWE Superstar but needs that one final approval from the previous top WWE Superstar. That's why Kurt Angle putting Brock Lesnar over could have been seen as passing the torch but Brock Lesnar, whether you hate him or like him has had great accomplishments in the WWE, never became the top WWE Superstar because he was only there for a year before that match and left a year after that match.

Veteran Member

Miz addresses his Figure 4 Botch:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/...es-jan-21-2013

One a podcast today, Lance Storm disagreed with people that it was the worst figure four ever.
    He listed a ppv with a lex luger figure four that was worse, and a hulk hogan one that was worse.
    I didn't replay so i cannot confirm.
    The luger one he apprently did it in such a way that it clearly caused the other person no pain whatsoever.
    As this discussion went on, i remembered that we used to bitch about Cena's STF, and how it often looked like he wasn't hurting the person at all. But i think it's always looked like that, and it's just a stupid hold, not Cena's fault.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

But i think it's always looked like that, and it's just a stupid hold, not Cena's fault.
    The STF and Figure Four are my top two stupid looking holds. If they even really hurt, it sure doesn't look like it.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The STF and Figure Four are my top two stupid looking holds. If they even really hurt, it sure doesn't look like it.
    I can now confirm the figure four works, i did it on a buddy earlier tonight to test, and he said it did indeed hurt.
    Then i put him in the sharpshooter and he tapped in like 2 seconds screaming, so i conclude it is more effective.
    Tried to get him to let me put an armbar on him, because he doesn't watch mma and i tried to convince him since it looked easier to put on, it would hurt less.
    Then we wrestled and my wife yelled at us, my kid called me rey mysterio which is the only wrestler he can remember.
    Good times.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As a kid who wrestled with friends...the Figure-4 was a move we hated because it can hurt . I remember those matches we had then. Its a wonder we didn't kill each other because we'd hit each other with clotheslines and all kinds of insane stuff.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As a kid who wrestled with friends...the Figure-4 was a move we hated because it can hurt . I remember those matches we had then. Its a wonder we didn't kill each other because we'd hit each other with clotheslines and all kinds of insane stuff.
    Sharpshooter is worse, harder to get out of as well.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yes even with a shin guard. I just don't think it's a very good looking move and I loved how most of the Hart family did it. But it still doesn't look that devastating. Personal opinion.
    fair enough. maybe miz was going for a nagata lock??
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    fair enough. maybe miz was going for a nagata lock??
    WWE.com put a video of miz apologizing for his shitty figure four, so at least he didn't pretend it was good.
    John Cena did not apologize for his horrible promo.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

WWE.com put a video of miz apologizing for his shitty figure four, so at least he didn't pretend it was good.
    ziggler should apologize for selling it.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Veteran Member

Hey, his explanation was sound. Flair has been doing the Figure 4 for 200 years, of course he does it well. Miz only learned it 2 weeks ago! Unlike John Cena, who mastered the STF after being thrown into a submission match randomly, they could somehow make a storyline of it where he keeps trying it (and not doing it well), until he finally pulls it out and scores a big win over someone big using it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People are resilient when young. We can heal from tons of things very quickly. Not nearly as much once people get older. I'm 36, and it takes me weeks to heal from a bruise or muscle strain. I somehow hurt my ankle last year, and it took 4 months before it healed that it didn't hurt when I tried to move my ankle from side to side or up (moving down was fine, strangely enough).

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    ziggler should apologize for selling it.
    In real life, if a kid punched him in the leg,ziggler would take a gigantic bump.

I can now confirm the figure four works, i did it on a buddy earlier tonight to test, and he said it did indeed hurt.
    Then i put him in the sharpshooter and he tapped in like 2 seconds screaming, so i conclude it is more effective.
    Tried to get him to let me put an armbar on him, because he doesn't watch mma and i tried to convince him since it looked easier to put on, it would hurt less.
    Then we wrestled and my wife yelled at us, my kid called me rey mysterio which is the only wrestler he can remember.
    Good times.
    What about a figure four heel hook?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!