Page 140 of 334 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 5001

Posted in: WWE
    New Year's Eve RAW Breakdown: AJ and Dolph Ziggler's Toast, Vince McMahon Appearance, More
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 7:14:10 AM

- Due to the holidays, we're just now getting the RAW numbers from the New Year's Eve show. The numbers from this week with The Rock's return will be available later. The NYE show drew a 2.32 rating with 3.55 million viewers.

The segment breakdowns are just estimates this week but The Miz and John Cena vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow stayed even with the opener. Sgt. Slaughter vs. Antonio Cesaro lost around 155,000 viewers while Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre stayed even. The segment with CM Punk, Paul Heyman and Vince McMahon gained 465,000 viewers for a 2.5 quarter rating in the 9pm time slot.

Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler lost around 155,000 viewers. Eve Torres brawling with Kaitlyn and Alberto Del Rio backstage with Ricardo Rodriguez lost 300,000 viewers. Ricardo vs. Big Show stayed even in the 10pm time slot with a 2.2 quarter rating. Wade Barrett vs. Kofi Kingston also stayed even. The Shield brawling with Ryback, Sheamus and Randy Orton gained 160,000 viewers. The final segment with Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Cena gained around 800,000 viewers and was the highest point of the show with a 2.6 final quarter rating and a 2.9 overrun.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...bY3t5ZZpVEd.99

Recent WWE Attendance, Update on Mark Henry & Christian Returning, RAW Roulette Talk
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 7:31:20 AM

- There is talk of bringing back the RAW Roulette gimmick for the January 28th RAW from Las Vegas.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...padJyQBJbhQ.99
    Possible Royal Rumble Swerve for The Rock, Big Reunion on Next Week's RAW?, Orton vs. Cesaro
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 8:25:55 AM

- Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro will take place on next week's WWE Main Event.

- Because they have done the DX reunion so many times, WWE officials have discussed doing an Evolution reunion, possibly at the RAW 20th Anniversary show next week. With Triple H, Ric Flair and Randy Orton already in the building, the main issue would be getting Batista to come back for one night.

- Regarding The Rock winning the WWE Title from CM Punk, there is a lot of talk that the title change won't happen at the Royal Rumble. Instead, Rock would win the title at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in the Chamber main event.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...uKZilqbcWoG.99
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-10-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    In fact, if in 2 more weeks Rock is still doing this, and Punk is still responding the same way, i might change my mind and think Punk is winning so they can run the old angle with rock.
    I didn't take you seriously, blah blah, now im done with games etc etc, and THEN he beats Punk.
    I think that's a horrible mistake and don't think they will do it btw, but that's the only thing i could think of that would lead to it.
    I liked it as well.

Punk basicly told him and the world he will not be like Cena, and trade insults like kids on a playground, There will be no mild sause, no singing Margerettiaville. This will be a fight. And if the Rock dose stay the same people might go over to punk's side.
    Cyclops ad portas

Veteran Member

I think I want Randy Orton to be behind the Shield. He can say that he ordered them to take him out so as to draw suspicion away from him. Randy goes back to his 'Legend Killer' roots, he want's to beat a legend for the championship. So he needs someone to have a legendary run as champ, he's hired the Shield to stretch out Punk's reign so that when he ends it it'll be like beating Hogan or similar for the belt.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

Part of me thinks Vince will be behind the Shield for some reason. I still think the whole "Shield" thing is a holdover idea from when Vince wanted to mock the NFL during the scab-ref debacle (The Shield being a reference to Commissioner Goodell's "protect the shield" monicker, Vince being the representation of Goodell).
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    I think I want Randy Orton to be behind the Shield. He can say that he ordered them to take him out so as to draw suspicion away from him. Randy goes back to his 'Legend Killer' roots, he want's to beat a legend for the championship. So he needs someone to have a legendary run as champ, he's hired the Shield to stretch out Punk's reign so that when he ends it it'll be like beating Hogan or similar for the belt.

And to counter that Punk forms The stable under his gudiance:

Brutace Clay kills the funkasuraus and becomes the juggernaut we were promised takes the intercont title
    Tyson Kidd and Nat become techical torturers and win the Tag and Divas belts.
    DB shaves his beard and wins the US title.
    Cyclops ad portas

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Tyson is out for like a year or more.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thought it came off great, especialy since it followed rocks lame ass cookiepuss thing.
    I thought the two came off like they weren't on the same page still, all they are doing is making a split crowd, in a situation where they don't need one.
    BTW, Raw gets it's highest rating in ages, against one of the highest rated things on cable ever, next week no competition that strong, what did they not do?
    Advertise that Rock and Ric Flair are not next week, well done WWE!
    CM Punk's promo was amazing, he pointed out everything that he's not and everything that he is. He's not going to make any insults about The Rock's tattoos or having him get new ones because of the ass whooping he'll get, he won't make any catchphrases or rhymes like "CookiePuss," "The millions..." or "Finally...," CM Punk just stated that he was going to kick The Rock's ass. He has no grudge against The Rock, all he's doing is defending his WWE Championship against him. The Rock is pissed because CM Punk knocked him out cold and embarrassed him and then returned the favor by doing the Rock Bottom. As far as I can tell, they're even now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    I liked it as well.

Punk basicly told him and the world he will not be like Cena, and trade insults like kids on a playground, There will be no mild sause, no singing Margerettiaville. This will be a fight. And if the Rock dose stay the same people might go over to punk's side.
    This is what makes the match so meaningful. It's not just John Cena, which I personally understand, being pissed at The Rock because he says that he's finally "home" and then never shows up. It's a fight for the WWE Championship, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post

This is what makes the match so meaningful. It's not just John Cena, which I personally understand, being pissed at The Rock because he says that he's finally "home" and then never shows up. It's a fight for the WWE Championship, that's it.
    Cena's pissed because The Rock's a more successful film star than him.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Cena's pissed because The Rock's a more successful film star than him.
    Well if he's seen any of Dwayne Johnson's movies then I don't think he'd be upset about his acting performance. (Sorry, I just had to throw that in.)

I think Dwayne getting into movies when he was still a hot ticket item in the WWE was good for him. Especially because he had the perfect transition of slowly dying down his appearances from the WWE and then slowly rising in Hollywood.

John Cena kind of had a limited time where everybody liked him so it would have been difficult for him to have a successful film career unless he goes into Children Movies like, I hate to reference this, the Tooth Fairy.

John Cena didn't like The Rock because he felt that he disrespected all of the WWE fans by leaving, not wanting to be called "The Rock" anymore and not wanting to return to wrestling in general. Then he comes back and says that he's home and then disappears again. John Cena, whether you hate him or love him, does everything he possibly can for WWE and had a right to be upset with The Rock.

I was looking on WrestlingInc.com and it seems that Brock Lesnar isn't going to be showing up next Monday for the Raw Anniversary. They already have the dates that he's supposed to show up I believe scheduled for March which makes sense because then fans would expect Brock to wrestle at the Royal Rumble and the Elimination Chamber.

I'd be interested to see who the winner of the CM Punk vs. The Rock match will be in two weeks. If The Rock wins at Royal Rumble, which is January 27th, then he'll have a 10 week WWE Championship reign up until Wrestlemania XXIX. If he wins at the Elimination Chamber, which is February 17th, then he'll have a 7 week WWE Championship reign up until Wrestlemania XXIX. It could all be based on which match they want The Rock to win. Either beating the WWE Champion by himself or with four other WWE Superstars, possibly including Ryback, which would downplay The Rock but actually improve CM Punk's toughness as the WWE Champion.

Does anybody feel that if the WWE Brass lets CM Punk cleanly win at the Royal Rumble would be the best idea? I honestly think it would because it would imply that CM Punk really deserved to be the WWE Champion for 400+ plus days and cement his "legacy."

CM PUNK is a heel, he doesnt need to prove anything.Heels are supposed to be beaten. The only purpose for Punk's streak is to be a big win for whatever face that beats him.Saying that I hope keep his title until EC, so the three biggest names in the WWE can go at it at Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    CM PUNK is a heel, he doesnt need to prove anything.Heels are supposed to be beaten. The only purpose for Punk's streak is to be a big win for whatever face that beats him.Saying that I hope keep his title until EC, so the three biggest names in the WWE can go at it at Mania.
    I completely understand what you're saying but even though his heel persona doesn't need to prove anything I believe him beating The Rock in a clean match would truly make him the "Best in the World" and cement his championship reign rather than being a wrestler who had help. I feel that CM Punk isn't a heel or a face, he's just CM Punk.

I'm just actually curious on why they didn't let Ryback beat CM Punk because when you think about it, who needs a bigger win...The Rock or Ryback? That's why I'm almost interested if they're going to have Ryback in the WWE Championship match at the Elimination Chamber and have him actually pin CM Punk, since The Shield won't be able to interfere, and it will be down to The Rock vs Ryback. Ryback gets his revenge, The Rock gets his WWE Championship title reign.

I completely understand what you're saying but even though his heel persona doesn't need to prove anything I believe him beating The Rock in a clean match would truly make him the "Best in the World" and cement his championship reign rather than being a wrestler who had help. I feel that CM Punk isn't a heel or a face, he's just CM Punk.

I'm just actually curious on why they didn't let Ryback beat CM Punk because when you think about it, who needs a bigger win...The Rock or Ryback? That's why I'm almost interested if they're going to have Ryback in the WWE Championship match at the Elimination Chamber and have him actually pin CM Punk, since The Shield won't be able to interfere, and it will be down to The Rock vs Ryback. Ryback gets his revenge, The Rock gets his WWE Championship title reign.
    I dont think they thought Ryback was ready for that big of a win.Its cool though, even many here disagree, I feel that having Ryback lose due to interference makes relevant without the pressure of being the champ.Sometimes, its better to be the hunter instead of the hunted. Plus, it has held Ambrose,Reigns, and Rollins to get a great start. We dont need another heel faction that cant get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I dont think they thought Ryback was ready for that big of a win.Its cool though, even many here disagree, I feel that having Ryback lose due to interference makes relevant without the pressure of being the champ.Sometimes, its better to be the hunter instead of the hunted. Plus, it has held Ambrose,Reigns, and Rollins to get a great start. We dont need another heel faction that cant get anything done.
    I think managing Ryback is a very difficult situation. He may have had a bigger impact than expected when he entered the WWE Championship hunt and then it could be argued that The Shield brought him down in his popularity but really, all that it has done, is stop him from ever pinning or defeating CM Punk; the WWE Champion. If he were to be included for the WWE Championship match at the Elimination Chamber, I feel if Ryback pins CM Punk then it will fulfill what his purpose was. (Then they can have Ryback against The Rock for a few minutes, which will be a new excitement for the WWE Universe)

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    i want the anonymous RAW GM to be behind the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    And to counter that Punk forms The stable under his gudiance:

Brutace Clay kills the funkasuraus and becomes the juggernaut we were promised takes the intercont title
    Tyson Kidd and Nat become techical torturers and win the Tag and Divas belts.
    DB shaves his beard and wins the US title.
    that sounds horrible, seriously.

CM Punk's promo was amazing, he pointed out everything that he's not and everything that he is. He's not going to make any insults about The Rock's tattoos or having him get new ones because of the ass whooping he'll get, he won't make any catchphrases or rhymes like "CookiePuss," "The millions..." or "Finally...," CM Punk just stated that he was going to kick The Rock's ass. He has no grudge against The Rock, all he's doing is defending his WWE Championship against him. The Rock is pissed because CM Punk knocked him out cold and embarrassed him and then returned the favor by doing the Rock Bottom. As far as I can tell, they're even now.

all while wearing a "knees to faces" shirt and then dropping that tired ass hip hop cliche. come to think of it though that is kind of his heel character.

he's a hypocrite, that's what makes his character a heel. what you're suggesting goes against that completely and changes him more into what you feel he is. now if that's what they want then yeah have him beat everybody clean and hold the title for the next 5 years, if not then no.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order