Page 80 of 334 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 5001

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No one feels welcome at 3 hour Raw.
    I dunno, Cena should get his win back, i just wish they could make Rock a super heel and do it in a southern town so Cena gets cheered.
    They really could have played up to that Cena promo where he accuse Rock from being distant to the fans by playing up Rock's Hollywood Rock persona more.

Lest be honest. They cant do the kid gloves scenario like last time or fans will turn on it. The Rock can play the heel pretty well. And WWE just cant have Cena be heel. So if they have to sacrifice one of them to play the heel role then have The Rock take the ball again
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

You could have Rock win the title at RR and then refuse to defend it over the next few months. He could claim he doesn't have to thanks to the contract he signed saying he gets to wrestle when he wants to.

Then have Cena hound him as build up to WM. Then have Cena put his career on the the line for a shot at the belt which would get Rock to agree to a WM match for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    You could have Rock win the title at RR and then refuse to defend it over the next few months. He could claim he doesn't have to thanks to the contract he signed saying he gets to wrestle when he wants to.

Then have Cena hound him as build up to WM. Then have Cena put his career on the the line for a shot at the belt which would get Rock to agree to a WM match for the title.
    Cena would still get booed.

Then you have the best way to heel up The Rock leading to his match with Cena at WM

Cena would still get booed.
    There are portion of fans that will boo Cena no matter what.
    At least they could draw a definite line for most other fans this time. Rock wasn't a face or heel last time. He was just making fun of Cena which played to the anti-Cena crowd.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I still think the Cena costing Rock the title leading to a streak vs. streak (Punk/'Taker) match is where they are going. They then can have Cena/Rock II lower on the card and away from my enjoyment. And Brock has to play in somewhere; I've even heard the suggestion that he is backing the Shield to protect Punk for himself to get a title shot.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-07-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

There are portion of fans that will boo Cena no matter what.
    At least they could draw a definite line for most other fans this time. Rock wasn't a face or heel last time. He was just making fun of Cena which played to the anti-Cena crowd.
    Isn't a cena gets fired stip going to make it even more clear rock is winning though?
    Like...he's been fired at least 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I still think the Cena costing Rock the title leading to a streak vs. streak (Punk/'Taker) match is where they are going. They then can have Cena/Rock II lower on the card and away from my enjoyment.
    I don't see anyway Rock's match doesn't close the show.
    Maybe if Austin came back.

Isn't a cena gets fired stip going to make it even more clear rock is winning though?
    This would be a retirement angle which is slightly different. I had to come up with some reason for the Rock to want to put the title on the line when he doesn't have to.

This would be a retirement angle which is slightly different. I had to come up with some reason for the Rock to want to put the title on the line when he doesn't have to.
    He has to defend once a month or he gets stripped is a rule, they ar eignoring it for this story but it's technically a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I still think the Cena costing Rock the title leading to a streak vs. streak (Punk/'Taker) match is where they are going. They then can have Cena/Rock II lower on the card and away from my enjoyment.
    Regardless of ones personal openions of the match no way in hell Cena vs Rock II is going to be lower on the card. If anything it will be a double main event. However I see Punk vs Taker closing the show given the importance of a possible streak vs streak match

He has to defend once a month or he gets stripped is a rule, they ar eignoring it for this story but it's technically a rule.
    I wanted to cover that Rock has a limited schedule. Plus as a way to build heat by not defending the title for two plus months until WM.

I wanted to cover that Rock has a limited schedule. Plus as a way to build heat by not defending the title for two plus months until WM.
    Won't build heat because Cena is the opponent.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    The main issue is just that there's nobody who can take over for the "Cena-ing" if Cena turns heel. Sure, Punk, Ziggs, Shaemus, etc, could all do Make A Wish stuff and all the positive PR stuff too but none of those guys are anywhere remotely as popular as Cena is. Austin and Rock could get away with jumping back and forth from face to heel because both of them were extremely popular at the time and could trade off the face-of-the-company responsibilities (just curious, where Austin and Rock ever both heels at the same time after they became main event guys?)
    in order to do make a wish don't people have to wish to meet you??

No one is as popular because no one gets put in his spot because he is there, turning him heel forces them to push someone.
    none of that means anything unless you can prove they're even considering turning cena heel.
    They can't push 2 number one faces at once,one will always seem lesser, see Cm Punk.
    Hulk Hogan gave way to Warrior(briefly) who gave way to hogan, who went to bret hart, who went to austin, who went to rock, who etc.
    your "gave way to" timeline is FUKT.

But they already do cheer for Sheamus, and Ryback, and they were for Punk, and Bryan.
    They are building these guys to the level it was possible with Cena in every main event, without Cena putting them over, look at the way they do it anyway.
    Cena put Punk over, and they followed up by jobbing Punk out for the next 2(maybe 4?) ppvs, and he wasn't in the main event for the ones that didn't have Cena, they told you he wasn't the guy.
    You're right, idealy they should do what you said, but i think the over guys are as over as a guy can get right now.

wait are you saying the rybread is over??

Right.
    Wait till Mania, have him cheat to beat Rock. Theres a secondary thing behind this, this year and last year they have started year long storylines. We knew Cena was wrestling Rock this year, we know Rock is wrestling for the title at Rumble (and then mania, thought they didn't say that, the casual fan knows he's working Rumble), CM Punk had the belt for over a year, etc.
    What is the hook for next year? I personaly don't think heel Punk vs Austin can be built for a year like Rock/Cena was, because Punk is a heel and would have to stay on top as a heel for it to be as big of a deal, and that would be pushing two years as 1 main event heel.
    Cena as heel is the only new thing, it's the only thing they haven't done. And Vince has been on about new ideas.
    just want to point out your predictions have proven to be shit.

I honestly think it's more likely this year. He cannot get cheered over Rock, he definetly can't in that market, and they are going to have what i assume is a huge mania, with cena being hated. And then on Raw the next night, which will have the same hardcore crowd, he will be hated.
    I know Cena is hated a lot, but how do they do it? Rock shaking Cena's hand always got booed last time they tried it.
    i could be way off on this, but it's seemed to me over the past few years, they don't care if cena gets booed. if they weren't scared of cena getting booed against rock in MIAMI of all places i don't think NY is going to scare them into turning cena.

you still fell for it last time didn't you??

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Regardless of ones personal openions of the match no way in hell Cena vs Rock II is going to be lower on the card. If anything it will be a double main event. However I see Punk vs Taker closing the show given the importance of a possible streak vs streak match
    WTF does that even mean?? they're going to have 2 matches going on at the same time?? if punk/taker closes the show then cena/rock is lower on the card. whatever closes the show is highest on the card.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Veteran Member

What I think is going to happen in the next couple of months - Ziggler vs Cena at TLC will be the last match on the card. The match before will be Sheamus and Big Show, Sheamus wins but Ziggler cashs in the briefcase before his match and wins the title. Ziggler laughs in Cena's face until Vince changes the match to a TLC title match, Cena wins. Rock beats Punk at the Rumble for the WWE title which set's up Rock vs Cena II in a title unification match at Wrestlemania. With a slight possibility that Punk could be added to make it a triple threat.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!