Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    David Hine!
    There's no question. If he wants it...

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Shows how much you can rely on Wikipedia to fact-check yourself...
    The way I originally heard it was that Morrison wanted to use Constantine but for whatever reason didn't get permission from editorial.
    Maybe because they wanted to keep books like Hellblazer and Sandman seperate from the main DCU which Doom Patrol was very much a part of.
    Not exactly true. Morrison thought John Constantine was a dumb character, perhaps due to Alan Moore shooting him down to take over Miracleman. If you read his two issues of Hellblazer, John's running around like an idiot, saved by his girlfriend. Jamie Delano, a close friend of Moore's, was writing HB at the time. Karen Berger was uncomfortable with portraying one of the signature characters of her line (and remember, that line included Wonder Woman and the Legion of Superheroes) in that fashion. She told Grant to transform the character. This was well before Vertigo.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    There's no question. If he wants it...
    Don't think he would because he's not a big fan of the big two and I think that might extend to it's other companies.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Ehhh, fuck it
    Last edited by Johnny P. Sartre; 10-20-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Don't think he would because he's not a big fan of the big two and I think that might extend to it's other companies.
    Yeah, but it would still be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Is anyone actually keeping up with this series? For all the heart-attacks I've now given, I haven't seen discussion threads.

I'm enjoying the current arc a lot, though I'm surprised how straight forward Milligan is keeping it.
    I have been HB fan for years and i stopped following the series in 2009 because of the Italian generic artist,the others after that is more fit for drawing Superhero comics than the mysterious John Constantine.

Also i think you vastly overrate CBR forums threads to measure how people read comics. I read and enjoy many comics like Scalped before it ended and it was never active thread here. Didnt say anything about how loved,popular that series was outside monthly US sales,American comics forum.....
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I love you, Desaad, as the epitome of smart posters around this joint, but I will still break you if this turns out to be true. At least give it to Gillen.
    I would help you break him and Bendis if he got anywhere near HB. Seriously, im waiting for new creative team and Bendis isnt even funny as what if joke....
    Pull List:

(Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but I couldn't find a hellblazer thread and i'm quite new here.)

Would it ruin my reading experience if I buy the New edition TPs of first hellblazer issues AND start reading Peter Milligan's run. My plan is to keep buying the new editions from the earlier issues till i'm caught up to Peter Milligan while still staying up to date with the new releases.
    Thanks in advance

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magenof View Post
    (Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but I couldn't find a hellblazer thread and i'm quite new here.)

Would it ruin my reading experience if I buy the New edition TPs of first hellblazer issues AND start reading Peter Milligan's run. My plan is to keep buying the new editions from the earlier issues till i'm caught up to Peter Milligan while still staying up to date with the new releases.
    Thanks in advance
    You should be fine doing that.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BANNED

Nah if anything I intended this thread to be a general Hellblazer one. I really made it out of the fact that there doesn't seem to be much on it.

I actually did the same thing with Hellblazer, getting the Delano run and the Milligan one at the same time to get caught up. Have yet to read anything in between.

If you wan this to be a general Hellblazer thread, let my say that I just got the first volume of the new edition of Hellblazer and I'm halfway through. So far so good. The paper quality is shit (sorry Tony) but it makes up by having so many issues for a good price. Does anyone know if every Hellblazer trade will get the new edition treatment or the more recent volumes will be unaffected? Also the newer volumes, for example from the Milligan run, have the same paper quality?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    David Hine!
    I've been wanting that for years but doesn't seem like we'll get it.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Nah if anything I intended this thread to be a general Hellblazer one. I really made it out of the fact that there doesn't seem to be much on it.

I actually did the same thing with Hellblazer, getting the Delano run and the Milligan one at the same time to get caught up. Have yet to read anything in between.
    That is what i wouldnt recommend to newbies. The between is the best HB runs. Delano early issues was not his best and not the most acclaimed.

Although i envy you havent read Azzarello run, some of Casey run that are too horrible to forget in my mind.....
    Pull List:

BANNED

Really? I've seen Moore's quote praising Azzarello's take on Constantine.

Azzarello's got some good blurbs, and it does have some good points to it, but it was not quite what a lot of Hellblazer diehards really wanted from the title.

Everyone who's done Hellblazer has done their own, personal take on the guy, his situation, and the folks around him. They tend to say more about the writer or artist than they do, ultimately, about a Sting cameo, which is all John is, at heart.
    Last edited by T Hedge Coke; 10-27-2012 at 10:32 PM.