Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well Jason Aaron and Grant Morrison love working with Vertigo editors, so that's not the problem.

It's not that complicated. Image has really liberal creative rights.

Decided to go buy and do a reread of all Hellblazer! Going to be a big task.Has been years since I went through that early stuff. Hopefully by the time I get back to Milligan my distaste for his run will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_i4got View Post
    Decided to go buy and do a reread of all Hellblazer! Going to be a big task.Has been years since I went through that early stuff. Hopefully by the time I get back to Milligan my distaste for his run will be gone.
    Wow. Not counting his earlier appearances in Swamp Thing, that's about 25 years worth of Hellblazer.

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wow. Not counting his earlier appearances in Swamp Thing, that's about 25 years worth of Hellblazer.
    Yeah I have all the rereleased trades.All alan moore swamp thing too. If I just read it during breaks at work and on bus to and from it shouldnt take too long. Finished my reread of Preacher in under a week

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well Jason Aaron and Grant Morrison love working with Vertigo editors, so that's not the problem.

It's not that complicated. Image has really liberal creative rights.
    What has Morrison done with Vertigo in recent years? Joe Barbarian? Old Vertigo comics of his you mean? Im not a Morrison fan really, Happy is the first im enjoying comics he has written since i read Animal Man like 5 years ago.

I dont care about tv shows, good for the creators money but if there is several new good Vertigo by Aaron and co im fine.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    What has Morrison done with Vertigo in recent years? Joe Barbarian? Old Vertigo comics of his you mean? Im not a Morrison fan really, Happy is the first im enjoying comics he has written since i read Animal Man like 5 years ago.

I dont care about tv shows, good for the creators money but if there is several new good Vertigo by Aaron and co im fine.
    He's doing Seaguy III now, and Vertigo in general will be a mainstay for his future work.

Is there any proof of him actually doing that? That projects has been stalling for years.
    BB

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_i4got View Post
    I too recently bought the first trade from those re-released editions DC began last year. Quite excited to get reading. My shop is having a 25% off on graphic novels this weekend so I might go and get the other 2 trades(they don't currently have the Vol. 4 Family Man.)
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Is there any proof of him actually doing that? That projects has been stalling for years.
    He's been talking about it for some time, true, but yes it seems like it will be launching for the anniversary.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    He's been talking about it for some time, true, but yes it seems like it will be launching for the anniversary.
    I'll believe it when I see it
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Wow some people think Hellblazer isn't good. So they must speak for us all.
    Like I wrote, the link is not meant to prove anything besides the dissonance between different segments of the readership, a topic which interests me. I think it's interesting because on CBR I see many lament the death of Hellblazer as if a great comic book were ending (not an opinion shared by me) and other readers who think the lack of quality makes the cancellation more than justified.

I think we can agree that the low sales justified a rethinking of the ongoing series.
    They could have tried to change the writer/artist or rise the price or continue with mini series with selected teams, but making it a PG 13 title?

Nah, I think we all can agree that DC didn't care for Hellblazer just like they didn't care for their own history by creating the New 52.
    If they had, then they would have given it a popular creator or change the price tag like you said.
    It's weird how a major company can't see that they're doing a mistake.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    I think we can agree that the low sales justified a rethinking of the ongoing series.
    They could have tried to change the writer/artist or rise the price or continue with mini series with selected teams, but making it a PG 13 title?
    Well, the series had some great writers (allegedly; I don't think very highly of them) - Azzarello, Carey, Diggle, Milligan (to say nothing of the abysmal Denise Mina, who nevertheless continues to get gigs at Vertigo) - and they couldn't stop the bleeding. It's something we should reflect about - how come so many diverse writers couldn't invert the loss of sales, or at least stabilize them? In my humble opinion that's because none bothered to bring their A game to the series and mostly treated it like fan-fic. I think that was especially visible in the last years, with Milligan's absurd storylines that seemed like parodies. They must have thought Constantine's personality could survive whatever nonsense or cliché they threw at him to deal with, but they forgot his personality is only worth the talent of whoever is writing him, and lately I hadn't been recognizing him in Milligan's run, before I cancelled it. Obviously my opinion is a minority here, but the series's still selling miserably and it's still getting cancelled.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Well, the series had some great writers (allegedly; I don't think very highly of them) - Azzarello, Carey, Diggle, Milligan (to say nothing of the abysmal Denise Mina, who nevertheless continues to get gigs at Vertigo) - and they couldn't stop the bleeding. It's something we should reflect about - how come so many diverse writers couldn't invert the loss of sales, or at least stabilize them? In my humble opinion that's because none bothered to bring their A game to the series and mostly treated it like fan-fic. I think that was especially visible in the last years, with Milligan's absurd storylines that seemed like parodies. They must have thought Constantine's personality could survive whatever nonsense or cliché they threw at him to deal with, but they forgot his personality is only worth the talent of whoever is writing him, and lately I hadn't been recognizing him in Milligan's run, before I cancelled it. Obviously my opinion is a minority here, but the series's still selling miserably and it's still getting cancelled.
    Sales were stabilized between 9,000-10,000. Its been posted countless times that Vertigo mostly survives due to TPB sales of comics . If a series can't sell well in TPB it won't last. Hellblazer would have been cancelled years ago if the TPB sales wasn't there.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.