Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Wow, complete tonal difference. Though I'm really not interested in finding out what is going on in it. Doesn't look like my kind thing though.
    lol, I have no idea what's happening there either. I just googled Hellblazer magic. (I've probably read that issue though)
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

This news is so weak.
    After Morrison wraps up his runs, DC is dead to me.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

Yeah, it sucks the John that would glass the First of the Fallen in the face after tricking him into drinking Holy Water will soon be gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Yeah, I dropped JLD after 3 or so issues. I was willing to give it another shot when Lemire took over. I nothing but the utmost respect for Lemire. So I grabbed #0 and it was just so....meh. Meh x 1000. Meh to the power of meh.
    So...you're saying meh = 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    So...you're saying meh = 100?
    His math seems questionable. Any math experts around here?

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    VP of marketing at DC answers why they cant be two JC comics at once. As some of you guys have wondered in this thread. Funny too how aggressive he is against the interviewer when he asks if other Vertigo characters will go back to DCU like they didnt just do the same to Constantine....

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-v...-dc-sales.html

Nrama: I'd be remiss not to mention something that a lot of people are talking about right now, and that's the end of Hellblazer. Obviously, Hellblazer and Justice League Dark co-existed for 14 months now. From a sales perspective can you give readers insight into why such a long-running title is being cancelled outright as opposed to say alternatively, Dark, Hellblazer and a Constantine title co-existing if the market would support them?

Cunningham: Well, I don't think it's quite rational to assume that the sales level of a current book would maintain if you created a second title in a different series of book. It would be great in the abstract if you could say, "Well, we can maintain a book here at this level while launching another one." But I don't think that's realistic in any way.

Nrama: So the key, from a sales standpoint, then, was "one at a time." And the more enticing one, for sales, would be in the DCU?

Cunningham: I think we've been very pleased with the reaction both critically and from fans and sales-wise with how we've used John Constantine in the DCU. And that series, as venerable as it was, has played a long time in Vertigo. And when you see more fertile, creative ground, you tend to move toward it.

Nrama: Is it accurate this perception that most of the "Dark" characters and concepts are on a one-way road back to the former DCU? That's what people are perceiving? Do you think that's accurate, that you're "moving" them over and that they're no longer Vertigo characters?

Cunningham: No, I think that people are looking at one-off decisions that are made creatively and trying to provide an overarching rubric that doesn't exist to it, which is why a lot of that delves into what I would call speculative fiction almost.
    DC Translation - We have no real reason why we can't keep Hellblazer going and are really pathetic pieces of shit to not give an answer.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Elder Member

"Game face kids, it's time to save the world..."

Wow.
    "Pikachu, I choose you."
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Good lord...can't wait to find out the context to that.

Come to think of it, I'm so glad Mark Millar never wrote Hellblazer.
    He wrote him quite a bit in Swamp Thing, and did a very nice job of it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

FUCK IT ALL!
    I was just finishing the whole series before the news and I did the stupid thing and finished it after the announcement. Now I just have the last issues, some of the minis and OGNs of the real Constantine left.
    Up yours, DC!
    BB

But tell us how you REALLY feel, Billy.

I agree, though, this sucks.

Good lord...can't wait to find out the context to that.

Come to think of it, I'm so glad Mark Millar never wrote Hellblazer.
    I'd have liked to see that, actually.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Grant Morrison never had an extended run in Hellblazer...

Neither did Alan Grant (Who apparently knows first hand what it's like to be an aging jerk with a heart of gold)

Ian Rankin had been talking about a Hellblazer Graphic Novels for years. He only got to make one.

Oh well....
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

The last numbers of the original swamp thing run were from Millar (probably some morrison with it) and was quite ok when Hellblazer fucked over swamp thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    He wrote him quite a bit in Swamp Thing, and did a very nice job of it.
    Yeah but imagine the more recent Millar doing an actual Hellblazer run?

I need to get around to his Swamp Thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Grant Morrison never had an extended run in Hellblazer...
    Apparently he doesn't like Constantine.

Don't know why Morrison was brought up when Destro777 was talking about his Batman Inc. run but whatever.
    I'm indifferent with the guy. His John was kind of a fool in the two issues that he wrote and so was his clone of John (Willoughby Kipling) in his Doom Patrol so I'm glad that he didn't write him for that long :p
    BB