Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    The interwebs tells me that Hellblazer will be cancelled at #300 and relaunched as Consantine, a DCU title written by some guy I've never heard of. * goes on killing spree*
    That's the worst part! Bad enough they cancelled it, they had to give it to whoever?

Be honest, those who are happy about this news: Do you honestly think that a book like this has the potential to last 20 years like Hellblazer did?

DC Universe readers are fickle, they will read it, at first, maybe it will be the best book on DC Comics at the moment, it may even gain a huge cult following.

Like Gotham Central did...
    Like The Spirit did...

Eventually they will cancel it, even if it's to make run for the new flavor of the month. I'll give it 30 issues. 50 if it has a good start.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    that depends, Do you think the new swamp thing is watered down? Cause Thats about how dark I expect the New Constantine book to be.
    Yeah, the difference is though that Swamp Thing is mostly "adult" because of violence, which is allowed in the DCU, whereas Hellblazer is adult for violence as well as sex and swearing, which is not. Just remember kids, gruesome dismemberment is AOK, just as long as no one shows a nipple or says "shit" while doing it.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Tell me this is bad a joke, did they just cancel a symbol of the history Vertigo comics? For some DCU comics jesus..... Okay if its DCU JC written in bleak,horror way by Garth Ennis type author but that wont happen.

DC has cancelled several of my fav 52 comics and now there is no HB to return too. Damn im shut off from DC.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Tell me this is bad a joke, did they just cancel a symbol of the history Vertigo comics? For some DCU comics jesus..... Okay if its DCU JC written in bleak,horror way by Garth Ennis type author but that wont happen.

DC has cancelled several of my fav 52 comics and now there is no HB to return too. Damn im shut off from DC.
    Yeah come to think of it, there really is no connection between this and the original Vertigo anymore. Well at least until Before Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah come to think of it, there really is no connection between this and the original Vertigo anymore. Well at least until Before Sandman.
    Before Sandman? Isnt that some gimmick like Before Watchman? Or is original new work by Gaiman himself?

Scalped ended and i hoped Hellblazer would be my good monthly Vertigo fix. Now i have nothing but American Vampire. I just hope this dont kill of Vertigo in the long run.
    Pull List:

BANNED

It's Gaiman himself.

Jason Aaron is doing a new Vertigo after Scalped. American Vampire is going on hiatus so Scott Snyder can start a new Vertigo.

It's Gaiman himself.

Jason Aaron is doing a new Vertigo after Scalped. American Vampire is going on hiatus so Scott Snyder can start a new Vertigo.
    Thats better i get cynical about american comics big two when there is Before Watchmen comics selling and good original comics being cancelled.

Jason Aaron series is good news for the imprint and American Vampire i can wait for, only new vertigo for me to be real quality since Scalped impressed as new.
    Pull List:

It's Gaiman himself.

Color me surprised.
    Maybe they have a better deal for him? Aaron can go anywhere and get a creator-owned series published, on his name alone.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Fuck DC... why cancel the adult Vertigo Constantine a lot of us want . Its like cutting your nose off to spite your face to try and get people. It was the oldest running Vertigo book and ones with a steady TPB buying crowd.

PREDICTION : Constantine the DCU title will last 24 issues and be cancelled.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Don't really think so... It's just that Justice League Dark (bad name and all) is outselling Hellblazer. There really is no reason to not have two Constantine titles except that maybe DC is worried that a kid loving JLD would go and buy Hellblazer and having to face mothers, politicians and their BS.
    I suspect the folks at DC realize there will be confusion and the market can't support 2 "John Constantine" titles. Which is bullshit. I suspect they know Milligan's run would have people claiming "Hellblazer" is the better title and they just can't have that.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

I don't have anything against Robert Vendetti, but yeah; this "Constantine" stuff doesn't sound like anything but yet more of the ongoing homogenization of The Big Two.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Color me surprised.
    Maybe they have a better deal for him? Aaron can go anywhere and get a creator-owned series published, on his name alone.
    He likes the editors at Vertigo.

But he can still have a fag or?

Somewhere over the rainbow (or Paris, France)

Ok, this is not a good news whatsoever.
    But we can still hope that this Constantine title will follow the path of Animal Man.
    Hey, even JLDark is good since Lemire is writting it.
    So, the cancellation is still sad but we are never safe from a good surprise.
    (But I wish they didn't cancel Hellblazer)
    The Unwritten - iZombie
    Frankenstein Agent of SHADE - Batwoman - The Flash - Captain Atom
    X Factor - Beasts of Burden - Star Wars Invasion - Witch Doctor

BANNED

The JLDark Constantine is a pale shadow of the Hellblazer one, especially with that lousy origin in JLD #0.