Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I was also coming in to post that ^

Yeah, I pretty much had a flashback to reading the title of this thread. I thought for a second that it was another false alarm.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

I don't get it. Why cancel this? Hasn't this series been succesful and been awesome (well as far I know. I've only read the first volume of Jaime Delano's run which is awesome)? Why end it? Come on DC! Seriously? Your Vertigo line is really looking thin now. So, like only three series are left than are running? Fables, Unwritten, and Saucer Country (which all of you should be reading!!). American Vampire is on hiatus though and only mini-series have been announced, no regular running titles. Come on!

On the plus side, at least Vertigo has been reprinting a lot of the Hellblazer stuff and there's tons of it to read.

I suspect they are ending it because they are losing money on it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Writing's been on the wall ever since they changed the creator rights. Vertigo's dead.

:(

Was the Jenkin's run ever traded? I missed that run and even though I've heard generally negative things about it I'd like to read it.

It's strange, I read it in trade and I have loads of Hellblazer that I still have to read but I am beyond pissed off about this. It's just another example of DC watering and dumbing down their line. I hate to say this about any new title but, in this case, boy do I hope Constantine is a monumental failure - I don't care how good or bad it is, a move this wrong-headed simply doesn't deserve to be rewarded.

RIP Vertigo.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Ilash View Post
    It's strange, I read it in trade and I have loads of Hellblazer that I still have to read but I am beyond pissed off about this. It's just another example of DC watering and dumbing down their line. I hate to say this about any new title but, in this case, boy do I hope Constantine is a monumental failure - I don't care how good or bad it is, a move this wrong-headed simply doesn't deserve to be rewarded.

RIP Vertigo.
    I agree with that. I like to give new stuff a chance and don't like speaking negatively of them before they start or wishing them failure, but in this case I guess I'd be happy if it crashed and burned badly enough for them to realise their mistake here.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Does this necessarily equate to the toning down of the series? Because if so....that would be tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by rizoboy View Post
    Does this necessarily equate to the toning down of the series? Because if so....that would be tragic.
    that depends, Do you think the new swamp thing is watered down? Cause Thats about how dark I expect the New Constantine book to be.

I had a feeling it would end at 300,This had been of the best vertigo titles

The interwebs tells me that Hellblazer will be cancelled at #300 and relaunched as Consantine, a DCU title written by some guy I've never heard of. * goes on killing spree*
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I suspect they are ending it because they are losing money on it.
    Don't really think so... It's just that Justice League Dark (bad name and all) is outselling Hellblazer. There really is no reason to not have two Constantine titles except that maybe DC is worried that a kid loving JLD would go and buy Hellblazer and having to face mothers, politicians and their BS.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by rizoboy View Post
    Of course. The new title will be PG-13 because it's DCU.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Writing's been on the wall ever since they changed the creator rights.
    Eh, what does this mean specifically? Changed what how?

Vertigo's dead.
    Looks pretty lively to me...

:(
    Let's face it, unles DC is willing to sign over ownership of Constantine to Alan Moore, the character doesn't really fit under Vertigo anymore.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."