Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Who's on the DCU book?
    Roberto Venditti? Same guy taking Demon Knights which is interesting. Also a little bit terrible.

Bloody hell.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

At least every awesome Hellblazer writer so far has other work happening. I'll give it a shot, and if it's just not hitting it, there's always some new Garth Ennis, Jamie Delano, or Warren Ellis I can check out instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    This isn't really surprising news. I expect the announcement that Vertigo is closing up shop sometime before the end of the year, or early in the next.
    They just announced (during NYCC), among other things, a 12-issue miniseries by Snyder & Murphy for 2013.
    They're not closing up.

Maybe he can team up with Batman and Superman again, and they can shake hands.
    Finally, all my fan-fiction will be real! <swwoooon>

This isn't really surprising news. I expect the announcement that Vertigo is closing up shop sometime before the end of the year, or early in the next.
    Yeah, there was a lot of talk about this earlier that Vertigo was going to end, but I figured it was just post-big title depression talking (Same thing popped up when Sandman ended, when Preacher ended, when Lucifer ended etc. There was always another new title coming up pretty soon afterwards.) But Hellblazer was pretty much the core of Vertigo and for most creators Image is the more attractive deal these days for creator-owned work.

(Edit to clarify: I do think Vertigo will last longer than just a year, but long-term I'm less positive.)

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    They just announced (during NYCC), among other things, a 12-issue miniseries by Snyder & Murphy for 2013.
    They're not closing up.
    Well, if they don't, I will be wrong.
    Announcing a series for 2013 isn't that much of a indication that the series will be published, especially for a imprint that is hemorrhaging on a monthly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    They're not closing up.
    Agree. I think they want Vertigo to have only creator-owned comics and I think that's a good idea. I was wondering what's the difference between Vertigo and Image as far as creator-owned comics as concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Agree. I think they want Vertigo to have only creator-owned comics and I think that's a good idea. I was wondering what's the difference between Vertigo and Image as far as creator-owned comics as concerned?
    A lot.
    With Image, you completely own the property, including media rights.
    With Vertigo, you give up those rights, and if the book is cancelled, you can't take the property anywhere else to be published.
    It's probably more secure if you want to be published and have a steady income on the front end, but it's also the reason that guys like Ennis, Ellis, Brubaker, Fraction, etc, won't come anywhere near the imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Basically, Image you have to finance a lot of it yourself, but you get to keep certain rights and more of the profits. Vertigo gives more money up front, but retains certain rights. (Simplified, somebody with more actual experience can explain it better I guess).

Edit: Or in short, what Darrell said.

Yep. What are the odds the new DC book doesn't last two years?

A lot.
    With Image, you completely own the property, including media rights.
    With Vertigo, you give up those rights, and if the book is cancelled, you can't take the property anywhere else to be published.
    It's probably more secure if you want to be published and have a steady income on the front end, but it's also the reason that guys like Ennis, Ellis, Brubaker, Fraction, etc, won't come anywhere near the imprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Basically, Image you have to finance a lot of it yourself, but you get to keep certain rights and more of the profits. Vertigo gives more money up front, but retains certain rights. (Simplified, somebody with more actual experience can explain it better I guess).

Edit: Or in short, what Darrell said.
    Thanks guys!

Vertigo is not going to end. Their trades are still one of the top selling books of the year and they're producing quality work, some better than anything that selling right now in DC, Marvel or Image.

BANNED

Yeah this just blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah this just blows.
    I want you to know that I blame you, and this thread, for this.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

10char