Default Beyond DC - January

The "Beyond" part of DC's solicits have become pretty huge the last few months so thought I'd create a separate thread for this one. Of note:

-- Joshua Fialkov is writing another He-Man one-shot. This time its the origin of the (He) Man himself. With Ben Oliver on art, as a bonus.

-- Tom Taylor, who wrote the Rose and Thorn issue of National Comics, is doing the digital first series for the Injustice video game.

-- In the "Beyond" universe book, Ben Caldwell is drawing a Barda origin story. I may pick the issue just for that.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/10...group-solicits

BANNED

Oh nice, Caldwell wanted to to a New Gods thing, earlier.

Well he was talking about doing a New Gods thing earlier, I guess this is it.

Bah, was hoping for something more in continuity, and a prelude to something bigger, but oh well! Should be awesome all the same.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

The Fialkov He-Man origin sounds pretty cool, especially with Ben Oliver on art. I may get that, especially if I get the Fialkov Skeletor origin with Frazer Irving.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Insurgent #1 sounds more like a Vertigo title if you ask me. Anyhow, just Ame-Comi Girls as usual.

No Phantom Lady and Doll Man #4 again? I'm starting to think that issue #3 is the last of this mini. What a short and extremely uneventful mini-series ... lol
    Current Comic Book of the Week: Batgirl #27 ...

INJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTICE!!!! (tears of joy)

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    The Fialkov He-Man origin sounds pretty cool, especially with Ben Oliver on art. I may get that, especially if I get the Fialkov Skeletor origin with Frazer Irving.
    I don't know with Ben Oliver doing the art for He-Man. Considering the man doesn't believe in backgrounds for characters, we'd never know that we were on Eternia. But we know that means DC will put a nice 8 issue trade collecting the mini and these two one shots.

Now just get the digital stories currently being done in print and I'll be happy.

BANNED

Looks good! Will start picking up the book in January.

thanks mr holmes! i have to admit, that particular story has a lot more pregnant-space-amazon battle scenes than you usually see in a short comic.

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. Edmonds View Post
    No Phantom Lady and Doll Man #4 again? I'm starting to think that issue #3 is the last of this mini. What a short and extremely uneventful mini-series ... lol
    Phantom Lady #4 has been out a few weeks. Diamond messed up and didn't solicit it in Previews so sent retailers a number of copies equal to their orders on #3, but it arrived in shops a week or two ago.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

And when the Injustice's series will start FIRST-DIGITAL?

BANNED

That Big Barda origin story was actually REALLY good. JLBeyond has been my least favorite strip from the Beyond universe, but that was a fantastic issue.

all credit goes to derek fridolfs, who wrote 15 baqttle scenes in 10 pages!